• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona Diamondbacks 2013 Ongoing Thread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks Boss!

I would like to get this forum going......I know everyone says I should try and get the guys from my Dbacks forum over here, but I just don't think they would go for it......we've been on our board for 9 years now...and most of the original members go back even further then that posting together on a newspaper message board...we survived the Phoenix serial rapist/killer that shut us down for about a week(site owner also had a different site that the killer frequented so authorities just shut all the owner's sites down during the investigation) and a couple of board "re-boots" to upgrade software and somehow lost the ability to post to an older version of the board, but we can view them, for better or worse given some of the shit I post......We did lose the archive of our first iteration that the .gov shut down temporarily......

Well, I don't know that I will get any of those guys to come over, but I'll start trying to make some token posts on here so it's not completely dormant even if I'm just talking to myself.......actually some of the most engaging conversations I've ever had have been with myself.......:yahoo:

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, tonight begins a 3 game series at Chavez Ravine. I'd wish the D-backs luck, but with the way the injury plagued Dodgers have been playing, they may not need it. With Capuano on the mound things could get interesting very quickly.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, that's just how it turned out. What new disappointment will happen in game 2 with Beckett pitching?

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckett was his usual self, and the Dodgers continue to sink lower. Maybe Kershaw can turn it around tonight.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's it for the Dodgers. Another series, another sweep. Very pathetic. Congrats to the D-backs, but I'm not sure anyone is here listening.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's it for the Dodgers. Another series, another sweep. Very pathetic. Congrats to the D-backs, but I'm not sure anyone is here listening.

LOL.....Yeah, I need to check in more often, but I'm the only Dback fan that "frequents" here.....

Thanks! I'm glad my D-backs were able to take of your Dodgers while they are struggling...

I don't expect them to struggle all year, and am hopeful my team can stick around long enough to make it a 3 team race in September....

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope the three teams aren't the D-backs, Giants and Rockies. :gaah:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.....Yeah, I need to check in more often, but I'm the only Dback fan that "frequents" here.....

Thanks! I'm glad my D-backs were able to take of your Dodgers while they are struggling...

I don't expect them to struggle all year, and am hopeful my team can stick around long enough to make it a 3 team race in September....

Sorry to be the bearer of bad new Driaz, but I just heard that prospect Adam Eaton has hurt himself again.

Whether or not it is connected to the sprained ulnar collateral ligament that had him on the D/L already, or if this is a new issue ( having his elbow checked ).

Just sharing.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Corbin has been pretty good this year. The Diamondbacks' young lefty is 7-0 — making him the franchise's first left-hander since Randy Johnson in 2000 to start a season with seven straight wins — following a dominant 10-strikeout, three-hit, complete-game win over the Rockies on Monday.

Corbin also has a ridiculous 1.44 ERA thanks to nine straight starts of six innings or more and two or fewer runs allowed — which, by the way, makes him the first pitcher in baseball to pull that off since Ubaldo Jimenez did so in 12 straight outings in 2010.

So yeah. Pretty good.

Todd Helton has been pretty good for his entire career. The longtime Rockies first baseman has a .319 career average and is closing in on 2,500 hits in the twilight of his 17-year career. The soon-to-be 40-year-old has been around and seen just about everything — and gotten hits off of just about everybody — in baseball while winning a batting title, four Silver Slugger awards, etc.

So when Helton says something is the best he's ever seen, it means something. And on Tuesday, less than 24 hours after his 0-for-3, two-strikeout performance against Corbin and his filthy put-away slider, Helton made the following comments to FOX Sports Arizona's Jody Jackson:

"Helton said Corbin's slider was best he's ever seen. I asked about RJ he said- I'm not going to compare the 2, I have too (cont'd)"

"Much respect for Randy Johnson. But from a true pitch perspective, yes."

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier this week Adam Eaton suffered a setback in his recovery from a sprained elbow ligament, but Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic reports that an MRI exam revealed no structural damage.
That’s obviously good news for the 24-year-old outfielder, although according to Piecoro he’ll still take 2-3 weeks off before resuming his rehab.
Eaton fared well in a 22-game debut last season and has a chance to be a force atop the lineup with a .448 career on-base percentage in the minors and 40-steal speed. If healthy he could be a key addition to the Diamondbacks in the second half.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier this week Adam Eaton suffered a setback in his recovery from a sprained elbow ligament, but Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic reports that an MRI exam revealed no structural damage.
That’s obviously good news for the 24-year-old outfielder, although according to Piecoro he’ll still take 2-3 weeks off before resuming his rehab.
Eaton fared well in a 22-game debut last season and has a chance to be a force atop the lineup with a .448 career on-base percentage in the minors and 40-steal speed. If healthy he could be a key addition to the Diamondbacks in the second half.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy sure got toasted in Texas today. He did not make it through 3, and, he gave up 6 runs on 9 hits.Maybe it will be he that is the odd man out once Daniel Hudson gets healthy and returns?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more pink undies for Mark Grace.

PHOENIX (AP) — Former major leaguer Mark Grace has been released from a Phoenix jail after completing a four-month DUI sentence under a work-release program.
The 48-year-old former first baseman with the Diamondbacks and the Chicago Cubs pleaded guilty on Jan. 31 to felony endangerment and misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol.
He began his sentence on Feb. 10 in Maricopa County's outdoor Tent City. He was released Monday and must also serve two years of probation.
Grace was arrested last August in Scottsdale, his second DUI arrest in 15 months. Police say he was driving without an interlock device in violation of his probation.
The Diamondbacks later fired him as their analyst after nine seasons with the team, but Grace was later rehired as a minor-league coach and instructor.

At least he was able to dodge the bologna and chees sandwiches everyone else there was getting, by seriously grazing the pre and post game fare during spring training. I do not know if this continued once the season started.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody Ross hasn't hit many home runs this year, which means we've been deprived of one of the best parts of baseball: The Cody Ross Bat Flip. He threw us a bone on Wednesday, though, as he pinch-hit in the bottom of the eighth against the Marlins in a scoreless game. With two runners on, Ross launched a three-run shot to left field off of Marlins' lefty reliever Mike Dunn:

The Diamondbacks broadcast, sadly, wouldn't give us a center field camera glimpse at the accompanying bat flip. Instead, we end up with this side view just makes Ross' bat flipping action look more nonchalant than anything:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dry Heat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1