• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are we Heading for another Lockout?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebron dwade and bosh was prior to the new cba.

Duncan and Dirk i agree with a little bit- but they both only took less money once they were on the tail ends of their careers and had already boatloads of cash.

Parker is still making 14 a year on a deal a few years old so there is not much discount there- he makes way less than Steph.

the only instance of star players in their prime coming together to give up a material amount of money was in Miami and it was a special circumstance that we have seen once in league history.

the new CBA has barely had a chance to kick in. I doubt there is a lockout....revenues for the NBA were stagnant for years...in the last 4 years the cap is going to go from 62 to 110.--- revenue in the league almost doubling. They will figure out a way to make that work.

I have no clue why you guys think max contracts matter i nthe grand scheme of thigns. They only matter if a contingent of star players gets together and starts bitching and moaning about being underpaid---- which MIIIIIIIGHT be a hard sell after signing contracts like Al Horford and Durant and LeBron will be getting soon.

I think max contracts do matter. If players like LeBron were paid what they are worth, so would everybody else. 2nd tier players get max deals because teams have the cap space to do it. If it were a true free market, teams could not afford to pay as much to role players because the star would potentially make even more.

I agree on the floor too. It is ridiculously high.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who has taken less to play together?

Isn't that the point?
The whole dynamics of the superstars not joining would become a reality if they were forced to take a significant less amount.
As it is, a few million won't deter most if it increases their chances of winning a championship.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of the television show call Hilander - the immortals always fought to the death and before one of them would kill his opponent - He would say "There can only be one" In the mean time there will only be one winner each year and the other 29 teams will be unhappy and some of them will be crying about how unfairly their team gets treated.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3