• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are we having fun yet?

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Iggloo - in hindsight maybe Doug needs to call some more up-tempo/short passing plays to try and stave off the more aggressive defenses... give the Titans credit, Vrabel called an excellent defensive game plan on Sunday, masked a lot of his blitz packages and sent them from different angles all game long. We didn't adjust the way we needed to. But the game was still there for us, our defense shit the bed on that last drive.

Very much looking forward to the Vikings game on Sunday to see how they respond. Should be a good game.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Iggloo - in hindsight maybe Doug needs to call some more up-tempo/short passing plays to try and stave off the more aggressive defenses... give the Titans credit, Vrabel called an excellent defensive game plan on Sunday, masked a lot of his blitz packages and sent them from different angles all game long. We didn't adjust the way we needed to. But the game was still there for us, our defense shit the bed on that last drive.

Very much looking forward to the Vikings game on Sunday to see how they respond. Should be a good game.

This has been interesting to me with some thought this week. In the past there has been dynasties and there have been one time winners. There can be numerous reasons (and combinations of reasons) for why those teams that only won once. One of those reasons in the past has been that this team came out with a scheme that took the league by storm, won one, and then could not adjust when opponents had time to dissect the scheme and learn ways to counter it.

I think that's a really good example of what Vrabel did last week. Yeah....we have injuries and guys missing, it is true. But I feel like that Titan defense found a way to counter what we do to enough of a degree to have success. And it is a copycat league.....others are watching and some can further evolve such counters. It is up to us to evolve the system....maybe even just a few wrinkles.

Maybe that is much tougher to do while still getting key personnel through injuries....and I will give Doug the benefit of the doubt for now. But he also came out the other day and pretty clearly said he felt scheme is not a problem. He will not be able to say that for too long...so I hope he is right.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a comment here the other day about how our Pass D sucks....but so does the rest of the league. Truly staggering offensive and passing stats over four weeks. All the rule changes are turning this into a gunshot game.

That in mind....our best bet to win Sunday is not so much improvement on pass D than it is dependent on the offense continuing to find form and be able to put points up with greater frequency.

The amazing super bowl win earlier this year provides an example of how many games are going to have to be going forward. Not time for play calling balls to shrink. It’s times to stay aggressive.

We can debate the strength of our secondary or players like Mills (this post is not for that purpose) but ultimately all pass defenses are being pushed hard these days.

Have to keep knocking the rust off and staying aggressive on offense. I believe this is more important than any other area.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, it's almost like there will never be a Great D again for anyone. DL being hampered by rushing the Qb, Secondary being hampered by holding calls and the entire D being hampered by hits to the head. Things have changed in a big way, and really fast.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will gt better next year. We will draft heavy on defense, so we'll get better and younger.
DT; DE; and S should be our picks in the 1st 3 rounds. After that - WR OT, and RB.
We will have 2 picks, unless we use some in trades or to move up.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree if the O was scoring points, the D would look better.

But we struggle to score 20 so every mistake on D is huge

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many mental mistakes right now.

Not sure what to chalk it up to, but there's just little things that are killing them right now. Jalen Mills still gets burned on double moves, the o-line isn't in sync, that fumble by Ajayi near the goal line is inexcusable.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many mental mistakes right now.

Not sure what to chalk it up to, but there's just little things that are killing them right now. Jalen Mills still gets burned on double moves, the o-line isn't in sync, that fumble by Ajayi near the goal line is inexcusable.

My thoughts this morning as well. There is just a shit stew going on. Everyone has their own number one main issue. Offense, defense, Mills, turnovers, Oline play, penalties. It’s a full, shitty stew.

A lot is made of injuries and not having guys through what is a rather limited contact offseason these days. Fine, but that only excuses so much.

The one issue that sticks out to me this morning....we are getting out schemed on both sides of the ball. Wentz is indeed back further and faster than I thought. That said....the pressure is killing us. Last year Wentz was pressured a lot. But he did amazing things. Now, the amazing things just aren’t there. What I don’t get is how they could keep Foles jersey pretty clean, but not for Wentz. In some fairness....they are being overloaded and we have no one in the backfield that can support. But it still is weird.

Defense....yeah....it’s bend, but don’t break for the most part. Which is fine if you have an offense averaging 25-30 ppg. But you have one averaging 18-20. So agreed with the statement...defense looks flawed but workable if offense were hitting it better. And that’s what needs to happen to make this start working...the offense needs to get tighter and score more.

And this is before you ever start to work in penalties, turnovers and questionable play calling scheme....which might bug me most of all. Even if offense or defense (or both) is struggling if you just do the little things right you can weather it all. But the fit and finish of a champion is just not there.