• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are we having fun yet?

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say, a month in, the post SB season hasn't been fun. Whats most frustrating is outside of WR, this team is arguably more talented than last years team.

I get that for 17 weeks we're going to get every teams best effort, but damn do we let opportunities slip away that we didn't seem to let happen last year. Somebody always made a play.

Here's to adjustments. Better to get the bugs worked out in Sept, than find them in December. (You just need to stay relevant in Sept/Oct, for those Dec games to mean anything!)

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"outside of WR".
By adjustments, do you mean to STOP committing so many bleeping penalties?
They are 0-2 on the road and 0-2 in the heat.
After 4 games, this is NOT a Super Bowl team. Hopefully, this will change, starting next week.
Wentz is going to get killed if they don't do a better job of protecting him.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year at this time the Eagles were 3-1. They were not dominating at that point either. We got lucky against a bad Giants team (61 yard field goal) and won a tight one in San Diego.

Now is not the time to panic. We do have some health issues and Wentz is coming back from his injury. I think the play calling was suspect and the protection was iffy but these are things that can be fixed. The Titans it turns out is actually a pretty good football team. The plus side of this game is that Wentz looked really, really good and he was under siege all day.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"outside of WR".
By adjustments, do you mean to STOP committing so many bleeping penalties?
They are 0-2 on the road and 0-2 in the heat.
After 4 games, this is NOT a Super Bowl team. Hopefully, this will change, starting next week.
Wentz is going to get killed if they don't do a better job of protecting him.

Yeah, quote: "We have the best OL in the NFL". Not even close.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks the entire organization is still celebrating. But perhaps the biggest issue is that half of the top coaches left and Pederson is having a hard time adjusting without them. Then there are a few players not performing up to expectations.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sticks coverage on 4th and 15 was retarded. That should have been the game.

Corey Graham sucks, and you're kidding yourself if you think our Secondary is as good as last year. We're playing 2 rookies in Nickel/Dime and they're lost half the time. If the front 4 doesn't get home, its either a completion or a flag with our shit ass secondary.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks the entire organization is still celebrating. But perhaps the biggest issue is that half of the top coaches left and Pederson is having a hard time adjusting without them. Then there are a few players not performing up to expectations.
I dont get the vibe that the organization is still celebrating. I could be wrong

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get the vibe that the organization is still celebrating. I could be wrong

Not having a healthy Tim Jernigan is huge. Schwartz needs to dial up blitzes when the opportunity lends itself. We are just not getting to the QB on a consistent basis. When we face a mobile QB, we have to spy on him (Jenkins?).

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having a healthy Tim Jernigan is huge. Schwartz needs to dial up blitzes when the opportunity lends itself. We are just not getting to the QB on a consistent basis. When we face a mobile QB, we have to spy on him (Jenkins?).

Pass Rushing with front 4 only works if you have elite corners. The Eagles do not have that. They know we will not blitz so they keep an extra blocker and a chipping TE and there you have it. No one gets to the QB. When the Eagles do blitz it is with the same blitz. I rarely ever see an edge blitz and did we even run a stunt at all yesterday?

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O Line needs to get better but I think that is mostly due to cohesion. Blitzes were confusing them yesterday badly. Lane got beat like a drum once by Landry but I think all/most other pressure was on blitzes. Looks like not playing/practicing a lot during preseason took a toll.

Defense isn't playing bad. D is at its best when playing with a lead which is what it had a lot last year. Simply get after QB. Play action killed them yesterday. If offense can be a bit more efficient and run the ball better/control clock things should look much better. And penalties oof

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass Rushing with front 4 only works if you have elite corners. The Eagles do not have that. They know we will not blitz so they keep an extra blocker and a chipping TE and there you have it. No one gets to the QB. When the Eagles do blitz it is with the same blitz. I rarely ever see an edge blitz and did we even run a stunt at all yesterday?

I feel like it is that coverage shell they use. The secondary is suspect....so they are trying to build a cushion to keep receivers in front of them and let the front line get to the QB as they can. If the line can't get the pressure then the defense ends up giving up some chunks of yards. When the field gets shorted this shell works better and really only has moderate success in the red zone. Between the 20s this scheme, matched with this personnel is bleeding yards.

There is too much dependence on the front line getting the pressure often. The scheme breaks down when you realize most of your secondary can't tackle. Or....someone like Mills gets beat on a double move and lets a guy out deep and often interferes. Those are the lapses that Schwartz needs to be challenged to address and modify scheme for.

Blitzes are so one dimensional.....but then....Schwartz is not a heavy blitzing DC. I would suggest any scheme changes have less blitzing (especially if they won't stunt at all) instead of more.

It is a flawed scheme to personnel match and needs to be addressed and adjusted to cover for main deficiencies (like minimizing times the secondary has to tackle in open spaces).

It has to be close to time to put Darby and Jones on the outside and have them play up and tight. Let guys like Maddox and Mills roam in slots and disrupt lesser receivers, TEs and RBs. Let Jenkins just do what he is doing. As for McLeod replacement.....that is tough. I like Graham against the run.....but hate him against the pass. Maybe its time to try a guy like Sullivan on passing downs....or start bringing guys in for looks.

It is not time for panic...but it is time for action. Doug and Co need to have a pow wow and then get the vet leaders moving on the whole squad. Bad scheme correction can help with penalties, but only to a degree. They all need to tighten that up or it will just be a big contributor to more L's.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cox is creating huge holes. We need to blitz behind him.

On offense we need to get the blocking worked out.

We almost ran to an easy victory in OT. Almost.

This team is just getting their legs under them again. Give it another month and we'll be tough to beat again.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe at this point, we are still one of the top teams in the NFL... but the pass defense must get corrected quickly. On offense, we've had a lot of main parts missing and it's handcuffed Doug in some of the stuff he wants to run. As long as we don't suffer many more setbacks injury-wise, I think this team will get stronger as we go along. I like their resiliency to this point but they laid an egg yesterday... they should have never lost that damn game.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, i certainly am now.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe at this point, we are still one of the top teams in the NFL... but the pass defense must get corrected quickly. On offense, we've had a lot of main parts missing and it's handcuffed Doug in some of the stuff he wants to run. As long as we don't suffer many more setbacks injury-wise, I think this team will get stronger as we go along. I like their resiliency to this point but they laid an egg yesterday... they should have never lost that damn game.

Good point I forgot about...the fight is still there. But it is also getting old to see them come out lame and fall behind and then light up the resiliency. All four games this year they lagged around and fell behind at some point and then the fight came out. I love that this fire and fight is there.....but lets have it sooner than when they lose a decent lead and have to come back (down 20-17 yesterday). That resiliency is good to see....but they are leaving too tight of a window to put it to use.

Fire up sooner!

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are committing too many penalties and settling for field goals instead of touchdowns. We fix these two things and the entire team will look better!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's also remember that no one is good at stopping the pass.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team has had a lot of success with sticks coverage, so I don't fault the call on 4th and 15, but the execution was terrible. Corey Graham messed up. Bottom line is the team looks undisciplined, especially on defense, and is losing winnable games. Guys like Graham who helped last year are being exposed now that they have to play more minutes due to injuries.

I think the really tough decisions Pederson has to make involve demoting or benching players that helped during the SB run like Jalen Mills but may not be that good. He has to be bold and do that if it is in the long term interest of this team.

I also question some of the coaching strategy on defense as well as offense. The DBs are playing way too loose. The offense on the other hand needs more quick hitting plays because Carson is being blitzed a lot during these slow-developing first down plays, and is taking too many hits.