• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are we a dirty team?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3/4's of our starting Defensive front? When we run our 3-4 look, there's a very good shot that we'll have Clemons at LEO, Avril at 5 tech, Bennett at the 3, JHill at 1 inside and Irvin @ SAM but that's not 3/4th's of our starting D front. That's 3/5's of a special smoke the QB package.

Mebane, Big Red, the 3 tech (I like JHill) and LEO (Avril or Clemons) is our starting and standard base 4-3 under look. I just wanted to make that clear.

Well then, McDanials is also listed as the Starter and he did not play so again 3/4ths of the front 4. ( McDanials, Avril and Clemons ) my point still stands. Lets not forget about Miller and Rice on offense also. :)

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that a few select Bronco fans are calling the Hawks dirty, yes, it is calling the kettle black on THEIR part. I understand what you are insinuating, SeaAdderall Seahawks, got it. I'm defining what dirty means to me, and that the way that their fans are using the word is out of context. The game is officiated, and if you try to be "dirty" under their term it won't fly. It would hurt the Hawks more than help them, and that their style of play is mean rather than dirty. The drug test results from Miller, Browner, and even the newly aquired Eric Wright are all dirty. The hit on Vernon Davis in Seattle last year was mean, not dirty :yahoo:

No sir. PEDs were not brought up in THIS discussion until you mentioned Miller. The complaints shown on this thread were of the play of SEA and how DEN was bitching because you guys were playing too hard. Therefore, it is YOU as a SEA fan calling out Von Miller's PED use as hypocritical. :yahoo:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just feel lucky that 3/4ths of the Hawks starting Defensive front 4 did not play. Clemons, Avril and Irvin. Or the Hawks #1 WR and that Lynch only carried twice. lol, this game could have been 80 to ZERO. Also lets not forget that the Donkeys were the ones using gimmick formations and blitzing. One team played like it meant something and one just played vanilla but played HARD. The team that played Hard won a meaningless game and came out of it with no injuries.

If you think that was the Broncos running gimmick formations and blitzing then you have not watched many Bronco games over the last year or so. That is about as vanilla as it gets with Peyton Manning. Last year they ran so many different formations on both sides of the ball and came from many different locations that it has many teams heads spinning.

I was trying to pay your team a compliment and just commenting on one single play that I didn't say was dirty just used things like the chop block that most teams do not use in the preseason because of the very reason for injuries. Your team played hard and came out with a win. Good job. I think the Seahawks will be good this year and should give San Fran a run for their money for the Division and possibly Superbowl thoughts. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves though as again this is preseason. I saw out of the Bronco offense exactly what I wanted to see in them being able to move down the field and the receivers and TE's causing some tough match ups. The Seahawks were a great match up to see that as they do have one of the best secondaries in the NFL. I honestly think for the Broncos yesterday after Wolfe went down with injury the team looked completely out of it and I do not blame them. He is not only a fan favorite but a favorite among the players so it is tough to see a friend go down like that.

Again good luck on your season. I lived in Seattle the last couple of years and really enjoyed the area and the people. Even at times found myself cheering for the Seahawks (not often but every once in a while AFC West rivalry is still there a bit with them)

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anigif_enhanced-buzz-13086-1356109142-3.gif

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play that Wolfe got hurt on was not because he didn't play hard. The play he got hurt on was because a guy chop blocked his knees (most teams will not do this in the preseason because of the risk of injuries) then while he was on the ground the fullback lead with his helmet and went straight into his. I'm not going to call it a dirty play as my guess with the fullback was his momentum kind of just carried him into Wolfe but the fact that he just put his head down instead of trying to actually block with his body and arms is a little troubling. That kind of technique will lead to short term and long term injuries down the road for that kid.

I will give it to the Seahawks in they are a very physical team and to be honest it was exactly what the Broncos needed to get ready for the season. Not exactly worried about the game being a blowout as it was more because of turnovers than actual problems with the Broncos moving the football on the defense. Plus over half our starting OL was gone for the game yet the backups kept Manning upright most of the game. Anyway good luck on the upcoming season.

The replay's about 2:39

Watch Denver Broncos vs. Seattle Seahawks [08/17/2013] - NFL.com

1. It wasn't a chop block. It was a run of the mill block at the hips.
2. Robinson didn't lower his head. He saw him coming up and just tried to keep him out of the play.

There's nothing dirty about this. Robinson and Wolfe came together at exactly the wrong angle, but fortunately nobody was seriously injured. You watch it in slow motion and it's hard to believe that someone had to be carted off. But that's just how it goes when you have 230+ lb freak athletes making hard contact just about every play.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they looked fine. The lack of pass rush was evident, but so was their ability to cause turnovers and lock down as the field got shorter.

Manning was on pace to throw for over 420y. Not sure we watched the same game. Sure, the turnovers are always a bonus, but if they hadn't got those the score would have been vastly different as Denver moved the ball at will most of the time he was there. The real problem for them is Manning is old and his backup is total garbage if that game was any indication.

Right now for the hawks the offense is ahead of the defense and that's awesome as the defense has had to pretty much carry the team the last few seasons. I'm not all sounding any alarms as who knows how much of the real defense they are using in preseason and there are several key players who haven't been in those games. The fact still remains that the first unit defense hasn't been spectacular over the first two preseason games.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning was on pace to throw for over 420y. Not sure we watched the same game. Sure, the turnovers are always a bonus, but if they hadn't got those the score would have been vastly different as Denver moved the ball at will most of the time he was there. The real problem for them is Manning is old and his backup is total garbage if that game was any indication.

Right now for the hawks the offense is ahead of the defense and that's awesome as the defense has had to pretty much carry the team the last few seasons. I'm not all sounding any alarms as who knows how much of the real defense they are using in preseason and there are several key players who haven't been in those games. The fact still remains that the first unit defense hasn't been spectacular over the first two preseason games.

It wasn't a great day for the D against the hurry up offense, but it was great pratice for getting ready for in the regular season.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manning throwing for 400 yards is fine with me if they hold them to 20 points (Which they were also on pace for). Improved pass rush will help immensely, but great QBs will gain chunks of yards against this defense just by the nature of it. They challenge the LOS as well as anyone, they defend the deep play as well as anyone, and they play the short field as well as anyone. Even with the potential improvements with slot corner and pass rush, the best QBs in the league will exploit the middle of the field because they know that their highest chance is of success is there. But with Seattle's playmakers in the secondary, the more you throw the ball, the more opportunities you give them to create a turnover in the redzone.

Brady threw for 400 yards but they held him to a reasonable score and by the end of it his arm was drained and he began to turn the ball over.

Yards are pretty overrated stat in today's offensive game. Points are king.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The replay's about 2:39

Watch Denver Broncos vs. Seattle Seahawks [08/17/2013] - NFL.com

1. It wasn't a chop block. It was a run of the mill block at the hips.
2. Robinson didn't lower his head. He saw him coming up and just tried to keep him out of the play.

There's nothing dirty about this. Robinson and Wolfe came together at exactly the wrong angle, but fortunately nobody was seriously injured. You watch it in slow motion and it's hard to believe that someone had to be carted off. But that's just how it goes when you have 230+ lb freak athletes making hard contact just about every play.

This is where 2 people can watch the same thing and see two totally different things I guess. The first guy lunges at his knees and there was no reason for the second guy to even try blocking him as he was already on the ground completely taken out of the play. Thankfully like you said nobody was actually seriously hurt.
I never said it was dirty just said it was questionable football intelligence. When blocking especially in the preseason you don't usually like to leave your feet. This is why teams hate playing the Texans in preseason because they love to do exactly what the first blocker did on the play. Then again for the 2nd guy why go block a guy that is already on the ground when he could go to the 2nd level and help open an even bigger hole for the running back? It is preseason though and things will happen.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where 2 people can watch the same thing and see two totally different things I guess. The first guy lunges at his knees and there was no reason for the second guy to even try blocking him as he was already on the ground completely taken out of the play. Thankfully like you said nobody was actually seriously hurt.
I never said it was dirty just said it was questionable football intelligence. When blocking especially in the preseason you don't usually like to leave your feet. This is why teams hate playing the Texans in preseason because they love to do exactly what the first blocker did on the play. Then again for the 2nd guy why go block a guy that is already on the ground when he could go to the 2nd level and help open an even bigger hole for the running back? It is preseason though and things will happen.

He wasn't out of the play, he was right next to the running lane and getting back to his feet.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't out of the play, he was right next to the running lane and getting back to his feet.

There is no way he could have gotten back up before the running back had gone by. 300 pound men don't just spring to their feet like that.

Again two people can see things two different ways. The play is over and nobody was seriously hurt so time to move on. Like I said I never said it was dirty it was just hard fought football. Guys are going to get hurt when you have that much speed, size, and power coming at each other.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way he could have gotten back up before the running back had gone by. 300 pound men don't just spring to their feet like that.

Again two people can see things two different ways. The play is over and nobody was seriously hurt so time to move on. Like I said I never said it was dirty it was just hard fought football. Guys are going to get hurt when you have that much speed, size, and power coming at each other.

They do in the NFL. He was already on his hands and toes and his knees had just left the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do in the NFL. He was already on his hands and toes and his knees had just left the ground.

Again 2 people can see a situation 2 totally different ways. I don't think he could have gotten up and in a good enough position to make the tackle where you do. It was preseason, nobody got seriously hurt, and in the end it really didn't matter. Good luck on your season.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was nothing questionable about the play. Going low is shoulder pad to the knee. He went in about waste level to fold him a little bit. That's business as usual. Then he tried to get up and Robinson made sure he was completely out of the play. This is nothing but an occupational hazard. They can try to make it as safe as possible but the bottom line is that when you have guys that big coming together so often then things like this are going to happen. And like I said, thankfully everyone was ok.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And WTF would Robinson say in the film room if he got an arm out and tripped the runner up? "Gee coach, I thought he was out of the play so I held up because I didn't want to hurt someone"??? Robinson isn't focusing on the RB on that play. He's focused on his assignment. Wolfe was getting up so Robinson made sure he was out of the play, which is actually what he gets paid to do. Wolfe just caught one at the absolute worst angle which is going to happen.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was nothing questionable about the play. Going low is shoulder pad to the knee. He went in about waste level to fold him a little bit. That's business as usual. Then he tried to get up and Robinson made sure he was completely out of the play. This is nothing but an occupational hazard. They can try to make it as safe as possible but the bottom line is that when you have guys that big coming together so often then things like this are going to happen. And like I said, thankfully everyone was ok.

You guys act like I am calling your team dirty. Maybe I am not explaining myself well enough...It was NOT a dirty play. I said that most teams in Preseason try to keep everything waste up when blocking because they are trying to stay away from injuries. We just saw with Swearinger where we went below the waste and took out a guys knee and ended his career possibly. Teammates said his excuse was bull crap because you just don't do that in preseason especially. Again it is not illegal in any sense of the word what the guy did on the play it just is usually not encouraged at this point in the season.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL the team with two after the play was over personal fouls calling the other team dirty.

More like one very physical tough team went up against a bunch of over the hill cupcakes and injuries resulted.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For everyone that points to the yards Denver got.....remember that our offense was off the field for about 45 straight minutes of real time because of the Kick off return for td, followed by the defensive return for TD.

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete has installed an "always compete" atmosphere and has been known to easily let go of players that haven't bought in to his game plan.

He would rather shitcan a more talented player that doesn't fit in, compared to a less talented player that fits the scheme.

I'm sure all of these new guys have heard about the way PC and JS have gone through players the last few seasons and are playing their ass's off to try and make the team.

Overzealous....Yes Dirty....No

I love the way the 2's and 3's have been playing. I'm not sure I have ever seen a better group on this team. Love me some depth!!!!

Cuts are coming up and some guys are sweating pretty bad right now. Hawks are going to have a hard time trimming this roster!

Last edited by a moderator: