• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are we a dirty team?

nflspense

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read through most of their thread and the main dislikes were the Robinson (I believe it was him) hit on Wolf - - they thought it was a hi/low. The second play was the Bryant hit on Hillman, where Hillman kept trying to fall into the end zone - - and Red threw him down. Both those are hits that if they went the other way, I wouldn't classify them as dirty... but it would fire me up. They really, really, dislike Carroll too.

They also all have mad respect for Wilson, and it was nice to read some of the comments about him. Oh, and there were claims that Denver didn't gameplan, but Seattle clearly had... and our players were taking it too seriously, that made me LOL. But overall, it seemed like a classy bunch, and any fan base will get fired up after seeing someone leave in an ambulance, so you can't take the quick reactions to mean a whole lot.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're dirty for playing hard in the preseason?

You do what gets you ready for the season. It doesn't matter what your opponent thinks, any more than it does if you don't let off the petal in a blowout. You have limited time and limited reps of game speed (or close to it). You maximize that and your opponent's feelings don't matter.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you get bitch-slapped like the Broncos did, the fans have to reach for some kind of explanation. Calling the Seahawks dirty is a feeble attempt of self soothing. Believe me, I know. After getting thumped by 58 to the Seahawks last year. I just had to suck it up. Fortunately, the season for the Cards was already over so it didn't have as big an impact.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the game but were the Seahawks blitzing a lot and things like that? I know when the Saints did that against the Niners in the first pre season game after Harbaugh and Payton had spoken about keeping it light there was some pissed off people. But other than that, what do you want guys to do? It's football.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If dirty is what your going for. You got some catching up to do when it comes to the Lions. But your head coach does rank up there with Schwartz when it comes to whiny lil bitches.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're simply reading the comments of butthurt fans. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If dirty is what your going for. You got some catching up to do when it comes to the Lions. But your head coach does rank up there with Schwartz when it comes to whiny lil bitches.

How's Pete Caroll a whiny little bitch?

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're worried about our D now, Give 'em a couple weeks and they will all flat out hate our team.

They will only get better and every team will feel the pain. Go Hawks!!!!!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think that was nasty, wait till next week in GB. You know they are going try to kitchen sink us to their fans to appear to be dishing out revenge for last years game.

Just wait till Rodgers ends up on his back half a dozen times again. That should be amusing while the cheeseheads cry like a bunch of girls again.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hawks blitzing? uhm maybe once or twice but i do not remember seeing one. Denver did like 10 times. Also Denver was the team treating it like a regular season game and got THUMPED. They were running stunts on offense and defense i have never seen done in preseason games before After the Hawks got up 17-7. I put that on Manning though and his competitive nature. He is the one that calls the plays you know.

Hawks were running straight vanilla offense and defense. Denver not so much. Denver fans where praying for Russel Wilson to get his knees blown out. That was just ugly by them.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were some hard hits no doubt, but dirty? Did anyone else notice Manning up in the face of the ref like he always is? He sure wasn't treating it like a preseason game. He works those refs are hard as anyone in the league.

To be honest the Seahawk defense wasn't even that great much of the game. The broncos were marching down the field nearly at will and it seemed like they couldn't cover those receivers to save their rears. It was a few stupid turnovers and a kickoff return for a TD that made it so crazy lopsided.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it the broncos being flagged over and over for personal fouls? I saw a lot of pissed off and frustrated players making punches, pushing, and otherwise being 'dirty' during that game. All I saw from the Seahawks was holding and other sloppy play often found more in preseason.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks played the game how its supposed to be played. Hard and fast. Denver is turning into a finesse team and i would assume the fans will soon realize this. If you go out there and do not play the game hard and fast then you are the one that's going to get hurt. It's that simple.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were some hard hits no doubt, but dirty? Did anyone else notice Manning up in the face of the ref like he always is? He sure wasn't treating it like a preseason game. He works those refs are hard as anyone in the league.

To be honest the Seahawk defense wasn't even that great much of the game. The broncos were marching down the field nearly at will and it seemed like they couldn't cover those receivers to save their rears. It was a few stupid turnovers and a kickoff return for a TD that made it so crazy lopsided.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it the broncos being flagged over and over for personal fouls? I saw a lot of pissed off and frustrated players making punches, pushing, and otherwise being 'dirty' during that game. All I saw from the Seahawks was holding and other sloppy play often found more in preseason.

I thought they looked fine. The lack of pass rush was evident, but so was their ability to cause turnovers and lock down as the field got shorter.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirty? Like Von Miller's steroid test? 6-game suspension Doncos!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks played the game how its supposed to be played. Hard and fast. Denver is turning into a finesse team and i would assume the fans will soon realize this. If you go out there and do not play the game hard and fast then you are the one that's going to get hurt. It's that simple.

The play that Wolfe got hurt on was not because he didn't play hard. The play he got hurt on was because a guy chop blocked his knees (most teams will not do this in the preseason because of the risk of injuries) then while he was on the ground the fullback lead with his helmet and went straight into his. I'm not going to call it a dirty play as my guess with the fullback was his momentum kind of just carried him into Wolfe but the fact that he just put his head down instead of trying to actually block with his body and arms is a little troubling. That kind of technique will lead to short term and long term injuries down the road for that kid.

I will give it to the Seahawks in they are a very physical team and to be honest it was exactly what the Broncos needed to get ready for the season. Not exactly worried about the game being a blowout as it was more because of turnovers than actual problems with the Broncos moving the football on the defense. Plus over half our starting OL was gone for the game yet the backups kept Manning upright most of the game. Anyway good luck on the upcoming season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play that Wolfe got hurt on was not because he didn't play hard. The play he got hurt on was because a guy chop blocked his knees (most teams will not do this in the preseason because of the risk of injuries) then while he was on the ground the fullback lead with his helmet and went straight into his. I'm not going to call it a dirty play as my guess with the fullback was his momentum kind of just carried him into Wolfe but the fact that he just put his head down instead of trying to actually block with his body and arms is a little troubling. That kind of technique will lead to short term and long term injuries down the road for that kid.

I will give it to the Seahawks in they are a very physical team and to be honest it was exactly what the Broncos needed to get ready for the season. Not exactly worried about the game being a blowout as it was more because of turnovers than actual problems with the Broncos moving the football on the defense. Plus over half our starting OL was gone for the game yet the backups kept Manning upright most of the game. Anyway good luck on the upcoming season.

Just feel lucky that 3/4ths of the Hawks starting Defensive front 4 did not play. Clemons, Avril and Irvin. Or the Hawks #1 WR and that Lynch only carried twice. lol, this game could have been 80 to ZERO. Also lets not forget that the Donkeys were the ones using gimmick formations and blitzing. One team played like it meant something and one just played vanilla but played HARD. The team that played Hard won a meaningless game and came out of it with no injuries.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just feel lucky that 3/4ths of the Hawks starting Defensive front 4 did not play. Clemons, Avril and Irvin. .

3/4's of our starting Defensive front? When we run our 3-4 look, there's a very good shot that we'll have Clemons at LEO, Avril at 5 tech, Bennett at the 3, JHill at 1 inside and Irvin @ SAM but that's not 3/4th's of our starting D front. That's 3/5's of a special smoke the QB package.

Mebane, Big Red, the 3 tech (I like JHill) and LEO (Avril or Clemons) is our starting and standard base 4-3 under look. I just wanted to make that clear.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
? Really? Pot calling kettle black there bud?
Considering that a few select Bronco fans are calling the Hawks dirty, yes, it is calling the kettle black on THEIR part. I understand what you are insinuating, SeaAdderall Seahawks, got it. I'm defining what dirty means to me, and that the way that their fans are using the word is out of context. The game is officiated, and if you try to be "dirty" under their term it won't fly. It would hurt the Hawks more than help them, and that their style of play is mean rather than dirty. The drug test results from Miller, Browner, and even the newly aquired Eric Wright are all dirty. The hit on Vernon Davis in Seattle last year was mean, not dirty :yahoo:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The quality STL Cardinal reply... :suds:

I thought Mozeliak would make a move at the trade deadline like 2011 but mustn't have had any decent deals on the table.

Good luck to your Broncos. I liked Decker at UMinn and his injury allowed him to go lower than his talent level. Those 2 big receivers with Welker in the slot is going to cause serious problems for secondaries. Peyton under threw that one ball to DThomas against Sherm and DThomas used his size and position to snag the rock.

Hawks rely on having teams go on long drives and we have the belief that you'll make a mistake or our D will make a play. BBrowner is unreal with his strong hands and ripping the ball out.

I would like to see Denver or Houston vs our Hawks in the SuperBowl. Denver because of the AFCW days.