• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Seahawks the luckiest team in NFL history?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, decades of bad luck and futility.

Do we get some breaks now that we're 'good?' Sure. Most good teams do.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Oh noes! We got too lucky!!!

Fvck that.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minn played better and had the better season. Does seattle have more talent yes.

Ha, this is again where you go ALL wrong. Your hatred for Seattle is understood. Minnesota did NOT have a better season. lol.

I guess that is WHY all the experts were stating that Seattle should be feared.
I guess that is WHY Vegas had Seattle as the favorite, on the road.
I guess this is WHY people are not calling this an UPSET.

Most people recognize that Seattle is better, had the better season, and would likely win. You don't count.
I suppose the Redskins had a better season too, since they won their division.

Poor fella, go take a nap, then come back to reality.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were lots of missed extra point attempts this year from the same distance. They weren't all unlucky.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime the team playing the Seahawks screw up, it's the Seahawks being lucky.

Anytime the Patriots play a team that screws up, that's the Patriots playing good football.
Typical response. I ask for a debate and this is what you give. One I never said it was the Patriots playing good football or anytime a team playing the Hawks it's a screw up.
I clearly identified plays that I considered to be lucky. Do you disagree "these" plays were not lucky? Is so debate.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game is more of running into a team that shits themselves more often in the playoffs than any team in the history of the NFL...

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't play well enough to win. Required something that happens like 1 out of 100 times (miracle). MN with one of the worst bed shettings ever. They lucked into the next round. We all saw it. But...the better team doesn't always win. I'm sure they will beat CAR by like 20 now lol.
Minny started four drives from right around the 50 yard line, and had three field goals to show for it. Yes the
In all seriousness name a team that has had more bounces go their way? I honestly can't think of one. Willing to discuss honest opinions.
First I don't think Seattle fans can use the dumb call to lose the SB last year as an argument. That was their teams call. IMHO calling a pass play was genious. The problem was they called the slant. Had they called a RW roll out I think we're having a different discussion.
How about the fail Mary call or the Bostic bonehead play trying to catch the onside kick last year?
The Kearse juggling catch to set up the potential worst call ever.
The so called missed field goal by the Pats right after the "real" refscame back.
The Vikes missed FG today.
The RW scramble play and throw to Lockett. RW makes a great athletic play that 90% or > of the QBs in the league can't make. But come on it's another broken play. To get anything from a broken play in the NFL is lucky.
Serious debates only.
I realize there are more but these just stand out. I also realize the Hawks have been screwed on occassion see SB refs in 06. But we're not talking the bad/unlucky breaks or bad penalty calls/no calls. That would cause the internet to implode if every team discussed those:nod:
"The Kearse juggling catch to set up the potential worst call ever."

About this one, I don't think that Kearse has ever gotten enough credit. Yes the ball was tipped and etc; but Kearse displayed outstanding concentration and effort to make that catch, in my opinion.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were lots of missed extra point attempts this year from the same distance. They weren't all unlucky.
The luck isn't the missing of the FGs. The luck is when/where those plays happen. Not all misses cost games. Yes the kicker didn't execute on this kick or the others you mentioned. But just like in life sometimes you get the lucky break other times you don't.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks didn't get lucky today they just played a team that has forever found a way to lose...

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Losing two head to head match ups at home by a combined 32 points? Purely circumstantial evidence of team quality.

That's funny. It almost sounds like Seattle throttled them twice using that stat. The rest of us aren't as dumb as you'd like to think. All those points came in one game and the other MN should have won. EH..I just wasted 15 seconds of my life there.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny started four drives from right around the 50 yard line, and had three field goals to show for it. Yes the

"The Kearse juggling catch to set up the potential worst call ever."

About this one, I don't think that Kearse has ever gotten enough credit. Yes the ball was tipped and etc; but Kearse displayed outstanding concentration and effort to make that catch, in my opinion.
Fair enough & good point.
But, If you take that same play 10 x's how many times does he make that catch? Some might say that's luck?
I'm a Kearse fan. Look back at my posts over the past two years. When Hawk fans were down on him I said I'd love to have him on the Pats. He makes all kinds of toe tapping/diving catches.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better overall? In the last month or so Seattle beat Minnesota in their own house twice.
Oh shit! That's right, I forgot about your book.
In your book Seattle is 9-7 because you do not count the Seahawks game against Detroit as a victory. WTIM, you wouldn't count this as a victory either.
Methinks your book is a little fucked up.

Nah, this counts as a win. A darned lucky one they didn't deserve...but a win. I don't count wins when the refs make a bad call that determines it the last play of the game. Whether it's the refs helping you out of a bind or an epic choke job...luck is on your side. The rest of us are jealous.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical response. I ask for a debate and this is what you give. One I never said it was the Patriots playing good football or anytime a team playing the Hawks it's a screw up.
I clearly identified plays that I considered to be lucky. Do you disagree "these" plays were not lucky? Is so debate.

A debate of what? Who the luckiest team is? How do we define it? Were the Patriots lucky 3 years ago when Ravens missed a chip shot field goal in the AFCC? Or the Giants that same year?

Blair Walsh missed a field goal. It happens. He made 3 others. The Vikings scored all of 0 TDs today. Seems to me that the Vikings should have done more and not relied on a kicker making a field goal in a high pressure situation in sub-zero weather.

Arguing squishy terms like "lucky" is pointless.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, this is again where you go ALL wrong. Your hatred for Seattle is understood. Minnesota did NOT have a better season. lol.

I guess that is WHY all the experts were stating that Seattle should be feared.
I guess that is WHY Vegas had Seattle as the favorite, on the road.
I guess this is WHY people are not calling this an UPSET.

Most people recognize that Seattle is better, had the better season, and would likely win. You don't count.
I suppose the Redskins had a better season too, since they won their division.

Poor fella, go take a nap, then come back to reality.
In this season Minn won their division and played better overall. I agree Seattle was suppose to be the better team. They have more talent. Minn played better today just had some dumb luck go against them. it happens. No I don't think Wash was better, they played in the East. I had Seattle winning this game just because of experience. Minn had it but Laces out happen and a dumb bad snap throw up in happen and a fumble by the best RB in the league.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Kearse fan. Look back at my posts over the past two years. When Hawk fans were down on him I said I'd love to have him on the Pats. He makes all kinds of toe tapping/diving catches.
Yea it's odd with him. Never been able to find consistency but has shown up with big catches in the playoffs the last few years.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't luck. Butler made an epic play. I like Seattle though. I'm a big Russell Wilson fan. It doesn't really bother me. I've just noticed their runs have been very lucky. Makes it more fun to watch.
Well the PI on Cam was lucky for the Vikes to get into FG range. How can you call it luck, when the Vike's kicker choked big time?

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny. It almost sounds like Seattle throttled them twice using that stat. The rest of us aren't as dumb as you'd like to think. All those points came in one game and the other MN should have won. EH..I just wasted 15 seconds of my life there.

Keep posting. It's fun watching you dig that hole. 0-2 against Seattle. Couldn't score one offensive TD. Could only muster one drive of 50 yards or longer, and 19 of those yards came on a penalty. Want to talk about Minny winning their division, too? Seattle went three for four against the NFC Norris. Minnesota needed OT to even win one against the NFC West. Meanwhile Seattle had the higher rated offense and defense.

But tell me more about the "indisputable facts" that make this a toss up.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough & good point.
But, If you take that same play 10 x's how many times does he make that catch? Some might say that's luck?

He's a player that will drive you to drink. Will drop four routine balls in a row, then pull a miracle out of his ass. Hopefully he can transition to a #3 role next year where his inconsistency will be less of an issue.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Seattle becomes the luckiest team in NFL history, I am good with it. This would have to mean the team reels of a string of back to back Lombardi's.