• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Cardinals Now Relevant?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id agree, if I thought for a second any Pats fans cared more about that team than they did about how everything reflects on Tom Brady
Tawmmy who? We're onto Jimmy G. Check back in week 5.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm focusing on your criteria for a relevant team but since your opinion doesn't matter anymore...

I think Arizona can win a Super Bowl next year and I think Cinci is probably the worst team that can win a Super Bowl next year so personally I think both are relevant.
Well actually you're not focusing on my criteria. Otherwise you would've listed more then three teams:doh: but hey it's your story. Write it how you wish. You would also have to include multiple recent playoff appeaances (not ancient history) an at least a SB. But you're right AZ and Cincy are relevant.
Both AZ and Cincy are contenders. I think AZ is better than Cincy but I put them both in the middle of the pack. I don't see them as being relevant without meeting a little bit more of the crieria. This isn't to say AZ won't win their division and maybe it all? But in the big picture of teams IMHO they are not relevant.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both AZ and Cincy are contenders. I think AZ is better than Cincy but I put them both in the middle of the pack. I don't see them as being relevant without meeting a little bit more of the crieria. This isn't to say AZ won't win their division and maybe it all? But in the big picture of teams IMHO they are not relevant.
Arizona and Cinci are kinda in the same category as KC where they are solid teams but at the end of the year something always goes wrong and the QB spot or defense isn't quite where it needs to be to get to a Super Bowl.

Then again I had Houston and Denver in the same category entering the playoffs last year as top defenses with not enough QB play to win. I'm of the opinion that if you make the playoffs and you have a good head coach and a healthy roster then anything can happen.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suggestions?

I guess they could have traded all their draft pics for a D2 QB that put up slightly above average numbers in college.

Ouch. But maybe yes. A D2 QB worked out pretty well for Arians, got him his only hardware last I checked.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona and Cinci are kinda in the same category as KC where they are solid teams but at the end of the year something always goes wrong and the QB spot or defense isn't quite where it needs to be to get to a Super Bowl.

Then again I had Houston and Denver in the same category entering the playoffs last year as top defenses with not enough QB play to win. I'm of the opinion that if you make the playoffs and you have a good head coach and a healthy roster then anything can happen.
I agree especially with regard to AZ and Cincy. Hated seeing Lindley having to play for AZ. That was the year for AZ I thought.
You're right anything can happen in the playoffs. Just need to get there for starters.
Good luck this year. Beat Seattle:suds:

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Arizona fans are coming out of the woodwork.
Is it because they are now feeling confident with Brady out?
Is it because they made the playoffs last year and hope to not regress?
Is it because they got a NE cast-off in Chandler?
Is it because they get to face NE at home in the heat of "hell stadium?"

Pretty likely the Cards beat the Patriots in the 1st game but LOL funny that the fans think they win this game without even getting on the field. Belichick and the Pats are never easy - get ready, not mouthy!

View attachment 138537View attachment 138538

Relevant ? Yes, but Seattle and GB are still the teams to beat in the NFC and then if Carolina's D is as good next yr, you could add them in there also before the Cards...

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ayton, post: 8650555, member: 3018"]So without looking thats New England, Seattle and Denver. Not a big list.
I think we could at least use a team who's won a SB within the past two decades for starters.40% of the teams make the playoffs. Almost 1/2. Sorry I don't think just making the p/o's constitutes relevancy. There has to be some recent consistency in my opinion to be considered relevant.
I'd include GB, Pit, Balt to your list at a minimum.[/QUOTE]
I guess it all depends on how you define relevant. What's relevant to me may not be the same for another. It's subjective based on who, what where, when, etc. I would think most GB fans think the Cardinals are relevant considering they beat them twice last year including a playoff game. What about in 2010 when the Jet's bounced NE? Were the Jets relevant that year to NE fans?

Hell, considering a NE fan created this thread, the Cards are definitely relevant in his head.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overrated? The Cowboys are overrated not the Cardinals. lol. jarntt you have Seattle the favorite to win the NFC?

Seattle has a shot, not sure why you seemed surprised by that...

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are. Great to see. Don't know if they win the Super Bowl this year or not but they could contend for it.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has a shot, not sure why you seemed surprised by that...

I think the Cards, Packers, and Panthers are the top 3. Then you got Skins\Boys, Seattle, Minn to battle for the final 3 spots.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cards, Packers, and Panthers are the top 3. Then you got Skins\Boys, Seattle, Minn to battle for the final 3 spots.

Disagree... I think Seattle and the Cards are a push for the division, either team could win it... Panthers might struggled to find the same magic, losing Norman OMG that was huge .... Norman was an emotional leader for that defense and was lock down all year.... Pack should be there, Minny I'm not totally sold on just yet... Peterson is getting up there, and Bridgewater hasn't proven himself just yet, I do like there defense though...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same exact playoff field as last year? Bold.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Relevance to me is a team that continuously makes the playoffs, wins at least 50% of their playoff games and then wins the ultimate prize occasionally. Just a difference of opinions.

Sorry for those mentally challenged, I should've included relevancy = in your lifetime. Sorry didn't realize I needed to use crayons for some of our Dallas fans.
OBTW not to worry I'll sleep fine this evening knowing you don't agree with my definition.

ayton, post: 8650555, member: 3018"]So without looking thats New England, Seattle and Denver. Not a big list.
I think we could at least use a team who's won a SB within the past two decades for starters.40% of the teams make the playoffs. Almost 1/2. Sorry I don't think just making the p/o's constitutes relevancy. There has to be some recent consistency in my opinion to be considered relevant.
I'd include GB, Pit, Balt to your list at a minimum.[/QUOTE]

Stay focused. You're all over the place trying to make your opinion count. The thread was about AZ being relevant. You can't tell me with the teams listed you would honestly say anyone of them aren't relevant?
Do you consider Cincy as being relevant?

Well actually you're not focusing on my criteria. Otherwise you would've listed more then three teams:doh: but hey it's your story. Write it how you wish. You would also have to include multiple recent playoff appeaances (not ancient history) an at least a SB. But you're right AZ and Cincy are relevant.

Your consistency is what makes you...special...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd put Arizona, GB, Carolina, and Seattle at the top tier in the NFC. Given that Seattle was 1-4 against those other 3 last year I get why some would put them at a lower level though.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giants will be in the mix, unless they blow another 6 games they lead at the 2 minute warning