• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Bengals paying attention?

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You give Jamal Anderson a two yr contract knowing you're he's going to take over Fanene's role as the DE/DT hybrid. You draft Devon Still in the 2nd now you draft Brandon Thompson in the 3rd? So let me get this straight. You have Peko, Atkins, Sims, Anderson, Still and Thompson, 6 players and you only keep 4-5 on your active roster. This draft makes no sense.

jjoshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You give Jamal Anderson a two yr contract knowing you're he's going to take over Fanene's role as the DE/DT hybrid. You draft Devon Still in the 2nd now you draft Brandon Thompson in the 3rd? So let me get this straight. You have Peko, Atkins, Sims, Anderson, Still and Thompson, 6 players and you only keep 4-5 on your active roster. This draft makes no sense.

Yo i only read the part about D.Still but trust me, he is a BEAST

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Never every rookie will be ready to suit up next year. A 2 year contract might be the perfect length of time.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hearing they drafted DT because Sims isn't expected back and Peko's contract is up too.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. I mean The more I think about it, the more im becoming ok with it. But they better help this year.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. I mean The more I think about it, the more im becoming ok with it. But they better help this year.

My question is...are they getting rid of all their DE's to accomodate roster room for all these DT's, because there is no way in F you are going to be able to hide any of our DT's, even the newly drafted ones, on the practice squad.

We usually carry 4 to MAYBE 5 DT's on the roster, now we have to make room for 6.

Don't forget on DE we still have: Geathers, Dunlap, Johnson, Harvey..Anderson is the tweener...

So right now we have 10 DL, and that is before we even look at a DE in this draft. 6 of which are DT's. F'n STUPID!

Unless we plan on trading one of these DT's this year (Peko), then there is no way in hell we can hide them all on teh roster.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd guess we keep Dunlap, Johnson, Harvey, Anderson, Atkins, Peko, Sims, Still and Thompson. I'm guessing Geathers gets cut. That is 9. Then we will keep Moch at LB and use him in pass rush situations, maybe even with his hand on the ground. I could see them moving Dunlap inside and using Moch, Dunlap, Atkins, and Johnson on passing downs.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd guess we keep Dunlap, Johnson, Harvey, Anderson, Atkins, Peko, Sims, Still and Thompson. I'm guessing Geathers gets cut. That is 9. Then we will keep Moch at LB and use him in pass rush situations, maybe even with his hand on the ground. I could see them moving Dunlap inside and using Moch, Dunlap, Atkins, and Johnson on passing downs.

Whichy means forget about drafting DE, because we are already overstocked even with cutting 1 player from the DL.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think not getting a late round DE is going to kill us.