• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are Cowboys really America's Team?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats are only America's team according to anyone who uses the word "Wicked" in every sentence and calls it "Lobstah".

The whole "Americas Team" thing died with the NFL cap put in place. Since there aren't no cap dynasty teams anymore, that title got retired.

Last edited by a moderator:

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This discussion again? Listen, you're South Americas team...be happy you're at least that.

Teams since 1996 who have won only one playoff game or worse.

Det
Buf
Cle
Cin
Kan
Dallas

So enough with the Americas team talk fellas. You're gonna lose everytime. :laugh3:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay Packers = America's Team

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your teams won 1 playoff game. I think even the Jags one more then one, new America's team. Cowboys lost that. Pats have played in 5 supers bowls since 2001, come on now. If it's not the Pats who is America's team.

and for decades your team was the laughing stock of the league. Cycles happen.

Dallas is still Americas team. The number of fans that show up at road games proves that. The popularity, despite some thinking that everyone hates Dallas is what makes us Americas teams...for whatever "Americas team" even means. It doesn't mean "who has won the most recently".

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay Packers = America's Team

Actually wouldn't be able to argue against that. I think GB or Pitt could make a legit claim. Long history of winning for both organizations. Problem with GB is that it doesn't have the international draw. Dallas has JR, I mean...everyone knows Dallas :)

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Cowboys still America's team? I don't know, are the Packers still the Cheeseheads?

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Dallas Cowboys are still America's team. Like it or not. They are still the most recognizable franchise inside and outside of the US. Like America, you either love them or hate them. Nothing neutral about them. Packers and Steelers are popular but there is not the same association and there is not the same love/hate. Look at the highest TV ratings for NFL games over the last 10 years. However, Jerrah, the new Al Davis, and his bumbling sidekicks, Romo and Garrett, could make them irrelevant soon and have them lose the moniker to the Patriots. However, not sure you want to associate America with a franchise who has not won a Superbowl where they weren't cheating (Spygate was brushed under the rug by the NFL) but no matter what the apologists say: Belecheat has still not won a championship without cheating. And now, they have a 1st degree murderer associated with them.

Rolln300

"Let It Be"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't lose a moniker. You may have teams in the league that are liked more or hated more but monikers are not something that just moves around. There may be a more loved team in the league because they have more fans but as we all know, usually the most liked teams are because they are winning at the time and have band wagon jumpers all over them. Dallas always has been and always will be America's Team but they may not be the most liked team by Americans.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't lose a moniker. You may have teams in the league that are liked more or hated more but monikers are not something that just moves around. There may be a more loved team in the league because they have more fans but as we all know, usually the most liked teams are because they are winning at the time and have band wagon jumpers all over them. Dallas always has been and always will be America's Team but they may not be the most liked team by Americans.

and to add to that, having a lot of national fans means you will pick up more national haters. I bet there are very few people nationwide that have true vitriol for the Browns. Why? Because they just don't have a national hard-core following to piss off fans of other teams.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO. Patriots have never been America's team, will never be America's team. Wishful thinking on patsy fans. Cowboys are still America's team and always will.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone will just have to face it. Dallas Cowboys will always be America's team.
There isn't a block of cheese on the American Flag. But there is a Star! No matter how good or bad the Cowboys are or will be, they will always be America's Team & nothing other teams fans can do about it!

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Cowboy fan in Maine. Cowboys are and still America's Team. Patriots have taken nothing from the Cowboys. LMAO. Wait till your trophy case increases by a few Super Bowls before you compare the patsie's to the Cowboys. Typical New England fans, just a notch higher than the low class Egals.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how cowboys flock to this moniker.....Never mind it was the steelers that they wanted to give this name to, but the Rooneys said no....we arent Americas team we are Pittsburghs team.....and so...the Media decided to go with a different team..... 2nd choice!!!!
Yep 2nd choice leaving a bunch of butthurt fans of other teams because they weren't the 2nd choice.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say currently that would be the Patriots.. my reasoning..

since 1990 (22 years) when the Pats went 1- 15 they have had 16 winning seasons (9-7 or better) including 12 in a row. (2000 they were 5 -11) been to the playoffs 14 times , made it to the conference title game and lost twice, went to the super bowl 6 times and won three of them. won thier division 12 times including 10 out of the last 12. This also includes a perfect regular season in 2007.. yes after spygate..

Preacher.
As a Cowboy fan living in Maine you couldn't be more wrong. Cowboys have always been America's Team and always will be. This is why Patsie fans are barely a notch above the low-class egals. It took you bozo's 43 years to win a championship. While that was going on, we won 5 Super Bowls and played in 12 NFC Championship games in 17 years going 20 straight years without a losing record. The Patsie's on the other hand where the laughing stock of the AFC for the better part of their franchise history.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the point of being America's Team? Why are so many people caught up on it? Why do Dallas fans fight so hard to keep it on their team? Do you win something for it? Are we playing other countries? Is Dallas the team that represents America when we do? Dallas probably is the most bandwagon ridden NFL team if that is what it means. Not sure that is something to be proud about. I know I wouldn't be. I would like to know what it means to be "America's Team", and why it is such a big deal. Maybe we will find out if the Cowboys are really America's Team....... Maybe they aren't.

Last edited by a moderator:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being america's team has nothing to do with wins or losses.

Fact is more people will tune into a Cowboys game than any other game. Some to see the Cowboys win... Even more to see the Cowboys lose.....

but it is what it is.... Cowboys attract more media, more fans and haters, sell more merchandise, and just flat out attract more attention than any other team in pro sports.

Now if you hate the Cowboys.... and you are on this forum... you yourself explain why.

OFC it's America's Team.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when the Saints took over the America's Team moniker?