• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are Cowboys really America's Team?

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not deflect for a moment and answer this salient question:

How is it that the Giants owners are now "the bitch of the league .... for ALL owners to pick on" when 29 other owners voted for the same punishment?

Mara is the one who proposed the sanctions as the head of the competition committee. They chose to make the penalties to the Cowboys and Redskins benefit the other teams, so that they'd have incentive to vote for it. They divided the cap space amongst the other teams.

Redskins and Cowboys treated the uncapped year as an uncapped year and broke no written rules. Yet, Mara used his position to try to gain a competitive advantage for his team.

Definitely a bitch move.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like I stated before. If we weren't America's Team yall wouldn't be posting on this board.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mara is the one who proposed the sanctions as the head of the competition committee. They chose to make the penalties to the Cowboys and Redskins benefit the other teams, so that they'd have incentive to vote for it. They divided the cap space amongst the other teams.

Redskins and Cowboys treated the uncapped year as an uncapped year and broke no written rules. Yet, Mara used his position to try to gain a competitive advantage for his team.

Definitely a bitch move.
what gets me is all the contracts the skins & Cowboys did had to be okayed by the NFL. yet years later they decide the cowboys & skins did something wrong. How in the hell can they say even though we okayed it, you guys were cheating. It was a ridiculous decision honestly.

skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what gets me is all the contracts the skins & Cowboys did had to be okayed by the NFL. yet years later they decide the cowboys & skins did something wrong. How in the hell can they say even though we okayed it, you guys were cheating. It was a ridiculous decision honestly.
welcome to how a cartel is run :suds:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"living on the Cowboys board"

Jesus H Tapdancing Christ... you're still crying the same old retorts from 1997?

Why do you take a message board so seriously? Why does a message board affect your life so dramatically?

Watching you rage quit because you couldn't handle differing opinions on a message board was hilarious. Only to watch you tuck tail and come crawling back because you couldn't live without said message board.

Lets not deflect what? You having trouble coming up with what Dallas and Washington did wrong?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap thing again

Geez What part of uncapped year is so hard to comprehend ? no ceiling no floor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What Mara did was beyond disgraceful to the Cowboys and Redskins I hope that worthless piece of skunk excrement chokes on his Pierre and drowns in his luxury box.

No bigger piece of trash in NY with the exception of Mayor Bloomberg who thinks he can play Nanny to everybody!

cadams

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys atr halfway there!

cadams

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree if the Steelers weren't a complete joke for like 40 years which is like half of their existence.
The cowboys are halfway to Forty years as a joke now!:lol:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what you choose to use your 2nd post with when your team has been even worse in the same time period?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins trolls gotta love them :boom:

Last edited by a moderator:

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much stock in being put into being "America's Team". Nothing special about the moniker that I see. It seems Dallas fans love to brag about it though and other teams fans try to fight for it. I am still trying to figure out what you get for having it?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much stock in being put into being "America's Team". Nothing special about the moniker that I see. It seems Dallas fans love to brag about it though and other teams fans try to fight for it. I am still trying to figure out what you get for having it?

attention......I also don't know a fan that pins that as something to have

give it to Pittsburgh.....they seem to care more than most

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
attention......I also don't know a fan that pins that as something to have

give it to Pittsburgh.....they seem to care more than most

I just can't believe this has gone on for 9 pages so far. Too much is being put into this.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't believe this has gone on for 9 pages so far. Too much is being put into this.

You haven't read the entire thread. It's not just Cowboy fans boasting. The trolls have played their part in this too. The trolls bring it up more than Cowboy fans do. This thread is just one of those rare occasions where a Cowboy fan starts it. On ESPN, 95% of the time it was trolls crying about the Cowboys having the name or questioning rather they deserve the name. Most Cowboy fans don't go around saying "we are America's Team" so bow down to us. The long-time Cowboy fans hardly even refer to them as America's Team anymore. A lot of times trolls just complain about the Cowboys having the name because of their irrelevance to the playoff picture since 1996.

Last edited by a moderator:

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that the Foreskins have been in the NFL for many more years than the Cowboy, and we have a much nicer trophy case than you, well, I guess the joke is on you, lol !!:doh: