• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone still follow college basketball?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the best a college game could be played. Timme taking that charge with 4 fouls was gutsy as hell.

Suggs with just ice in his veins.

I was most impressed with how UCLA managed to make Gonzaga play their style of game. I didn't think that could be done.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was most impressed with how UCLA managed to make Gonzaga play their style of game. I didn't think that could be done.

Huge props to UCLA. I was rooting for them throughout. They played discipline ball and made so many clutch shots. That they nearly beat Gonzaga should be a huge feather in their hat.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UCLA was fantastic.

I am not sure it was style as much as it was that UCLA made a lot of shots and Gonzaga really didn’t. It seemed like UCLA was hitting a tough contested jumper every couple minutes while Gonzaga missed a lot of clean looks they normally wouldn’t.

That is how upsets happen, Gonzaga just made 1 more play at the end.

Reactions: DJ

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge props to UCLA. I was rooting for them throughout. They played discipline ball and made so many clutch shots. That they nearly beat Gonzaga should be a huge feather in their hat.

Haven't seen it yet. But I heard that even USC congratulated them on Twitter.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. The Bruins gave the 'Zags their best test this Tourney.

Was hoping they'd win.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait till Cronin gets a great recruiting class.....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA was fantastic.

I am not sure it was style as much as it was that UCLA made a lot of shots and Gonzaga really didn’t. It seemed like UCLA was hitting a tough contested jumper every couple minutes while Gonzaga missed a lot of clean looks they normally wouldn’t.

That is how upsets happen, Gonzaga just made 1 more play at the end.

They were definitely playing UCLA's pace. They want to slow the game down and make it half court. Gonzaga wants to run. I thought Barkley explained it pretty well last night when he said that UCLA was extremely efficient. They played their style and were very efficient.

Gonzaga answered a few questions about how they'd respond when pressed too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were definitely playing UCLA's pace. They want to slow the game down and make it half court. Gonzaga wants to run. I thought Barkley explained it pretty well last night when he said that UCLA was extremely efficient. They played their style and were very efficient.

Gonzaga answered a few questions about how they'd respond when pressed too.

The game ebbed and flowed a bit. Was definitely Gonzaga’s pace for long stretches. It was 45-44 at half at Gonzaga didn’t even play that well. That is very fast.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say most NBA stars could have played football at a very high level.

There are exceptions like Curry, and even he might have made a pretty good QB.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game ebbed and flowed a bit. Was definitely Gonzaga’s pace for long stretches. It was 45-44 at half at Gonzaga didn’t even play that well. That is very fast.

Imo, it was the efficiency UCLA was scoring with that led to the higher score. They shot 54% from the field. There were a couple of times, especially in the 2nd half, where Gonzaga sped the game up and were able to stretch their lead out to 7-9 points. Then Cronin would call timeout, settle his team down and the game would revert back to UCLA's pace.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know what class Juzang is in but he can play for my team right now. He just looks like a winner.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, it was the efficiency UCLA was scoring with that led to the higher score. They shot 54% from the field. There were a couple of times, especially in the 2nd half, where Gonzaga sped the game up and were able to stretch their lead out to 7-9 points. Then Cronin would call timeout, settle his team down and the game would revert back to UCLA's pace.

Gonzaga averages 52 FGA per game over the season. Last night they shot 63 with about the same # of FTA and only 2 less TOs than average.

UCLA averages 46 FGA and took 59 last night.

I do think UCLA slowed it down at times, but at other times the game was played at a very fast pace.

Gonzaga can play fast and they can out execute anybody in half court. Last night they did both.

But I couldn’t disagree more that last night was UCLA’s pace. The game was played at a pace faster than either is used to until really the last few minutes when it slowed down.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was hit on the arm, the replay clearly shows that.

Yeah, I saw the slow-mo replay. That is never getting called. Never. He hit the ball at basically the same time that he bumped Riley’s elbow. Was clean up top, and minor contact below.

What you should be talking about is the fact that Suggs didn’t reestablish both feet in bounds before he touched the ball. Should have been UCLA ball on the baseline.

AD2022MVP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw the slow-mo replay. That is never getting called. Never. He hit the ball at basically the same time that he bumped Riley’s elbow. Was clean up top, and minor contact below.

What you should be talking about is the fact that Suggs didn’t reestablish both feet in bounds before he touched the ball. Should have been UCLA ball on the baseline.

It's college basketball, they call contact closer/stricter than does the NBA, it should have been a foul by their standards.