• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone still follow college basketball?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped caring 7-8 years ago, just tired of the same teams and the faceless players (the good ones only play one year, in the old days you'd get excited watching a great college player who'd been building his rep for 2-3 years face off against another), not to mention the much lower level of skill. Hasn't helped that Cal has been shitty for years.

Gotta say it's refreshing to see a bracket without Duke or Kentucky even in the thing, and some uncommon names with very high seeds like Illinois and Houston.

The 538 nerds say Gonzaga is the favorite, what do y'all think?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped caring 7-8 years ago, just tired of the same teams and the faceless players (the good ones only play one year, in the old days you'd get excited watching a great college player who'd been building his rep for 2-3 years face off against another), not to mention the much lower level of skill. Hasn't helped that Cal has been shitty for years.

Gotta say it's refreshing to see a bracket without Duke or Kentucky even in the thing, and some uncommon names with very high seeds like Illinois and Houston.

I have a weird way of following the game. I pay no attention to it all all, none. But do like the tournament and always watch that final.

Am amazed about Gonzaga, if not for college basketball who knew there was a Gonzaga.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a weird way of following the game. I pay no attention to it all all, none. But do like the tournament and always watch that final.

Am amazed about Gonzaga, if not for college basketball who knew there was a Gonzaga.
Right? Proud alma mater of John Stockton

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like you're confusing cbb with cfb

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be college football where it is the exact same teams every year and the players are in a literal sense more faceless.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gonzaga is filthy.

I think they are hands down the best team, but not facing many elite teams after New Year’s Day is a pretty big disadvantage.

If UVA can’t win it (highly doubtful) I would love to see Gonzaga take it down just to prove a non power conference team can.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzaga is filthy.

I think they are hands down the best team, but not facing many elite teams after New Year’s Day is a pretty big disadvantage.

If UVA can’t win it (highly doubtful) I would love to see Gonzaga take it down just to prove a non power conference team can.
I’m on the fence with Gonzaga.

Baylor has looked bad more often than not lately, but they had that huge layoff....

Illinois has been really impressive recently. Kinda leaning towards them.

Sucks Livers got hurt, cuz I was thinking Michigan could make a case, but not without him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m on the fence with Gonzaga.

Baylor has looked bad more often than not lately, but they had that huge layoff....

Illinois has been really impressive recently. Kinda leaning towards them.

Sucks Livers got hurt, cuz I was thinking Michigan could make a case, but not without him.

I have watched almost zero big 10 this year, so don’t know much about those teams aside from that they are very strong.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team is under self-imposed sanctions so I don’t know how much of the tourney I’ll tune in to. I know Gonzaga has been the best team all season. I was really bummed when their matchup with Baylor was cancelled. If they go all the way good for them. They’d be undefeated. I have a feeling this COVID bubble tournament is going to give us a champion no one expected, or at least not one of the top 3 seeds.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched almost zero big 10 this year, so don’t know much about those teams aside from that they are very strong.
Best I’ve ever seen from the Conference as a whole.

Dosunmu is a legit player for Illinois. And Cockburn is a straight up man. You’re gonna like what you see. They come at you in all phases. Serious on defense.

Iowa is a lot more than just Garza. But goodluck to anyone trying to stop him.

Michigan is deep. With NBA wings an athletic big in Dickinson(he falls away with all his shots, but he’s skilled) and Mike Smith at the point is exceptional without hardly ever looking to score. (He’s a Jimmy Butler disciple in the off-season)

I hate tOSU, so no praise. But they are tough for a team with no size.

And I wouldn’t sleep on Purdue, Maryland or Sparty either. Wisconsin is Wisconsin. Big and white.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be college football where it is the exact same teams every year and the players are in a literal sense more faceless.

Exactly. I love CBB. Some many random teams get to the elite 8/final 4. Shit Butler made it to 2 title games while being a mid major.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about Colgate over Arkansas? I know nothing about colgate but they're saying it can be a fun game which sounds like possible upset alert if you ask me

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about Colgate over Arkansas? I know nothing about colgate but they're saying it can be a fun game which sounds like possible upset alert if you ask me
I was a big fan of Adonal Foyle back in the day.

May have been the last time I saw Colgate play.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched more college basketball this year than in a long time but it’s just not the game it used to be in my opinion. I think Gonzaga finally gets over the hump and wins this year.