• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else playing the Destiny beta?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having fun with the PS3 version and I'm wondering if anyone is playing the PS4 version?

General thoughts:

-The game is pretty. The user interface is clean and attractive. The Presentation is top notch. The cut scene graphics are as good as it gets on the PS3 and the in game graphics are good enough even if they lack a bit in detail.

-The game isn't the least bit original. The intro music is a rip off of Star Trek. None of the rest of the music stands out. The whole graphics presentation is a cross with Star Wars and Mass Effect. The game feels more like a modern Perfect Dark crossed with World of Warcraft. As a whole the game comes off as very flat and lacking character compared to something like Borderlands.

-The gunplay reminds me of Halo and the upgrading reminds me of Mass Effect. Nothing revolutionary with the classes or the guns but the actual gunplay is fun. All of the weapons I tried had their uses and you can customize your build to fit your gameplay style. Mobs respawn on the maps and it keeps you on your toes. The controls work pretty flawlessly. No complaints there. Its easy to join a co-op group on the fly and you can tackle things on a Normal or Hard difficulty both of which seem to have lived up to their reputation (although Normal is a tad easy if you've been playing FPS for awhile)

I'm a bit up in the air about how popular this game will be but Im already liking it more than Halo. I haven't gotten to test out the PVP yet.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get to try it out on the X1 tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Glad to have Bungie back on the map as I played Halo religiously... (minus H4...cause fuck that game & 343i).

However, I'm holding out hope that the MCC & Halo 5 will be up to Bungie's caliber.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my two other thoughts from playing the other day:

-There are 3 races. Humans which look cool, some sort of mech people that look cool and some sort of elves which look godawful. Naturally I picked an elf dude just to see if there was a way to make him look cool but no. All mullets and flock of seagulls haircuts which really only comes into play in the main hub. Otherwise you are covered head to toe in customizable armor

-The beta had some network issues and some above average load times. I'm assuming that this is because its a beta and why the beta exists in the first place.

I'll hopefully get some PVP in tonight

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PVP felt very unbalanced to me, it left me rather disappointed. I don't really like the idea of bringing the weapons and powers that you find in the campaign into the multiplayer. Maybe I just needed more time to get used to it.

I'm still looking forward to the official release, I just hope that the map exploration is a bit more in depth than what we got in the beta. Gameplay was great, but the map felt very shallow.

Marlins Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still playing The Show 14 And Watch Dogs.

Destiny seems like a fairly Standard FPS to me, I don't get the hype

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Destiny's going to be a lot of fun.

Elements of some of my favorite games (Halo, COD, Diablo 3, Borderlands) all put together about as well as I could hope.

The campaign stuff is really fun with teams.

And the crucible (destiny's version of slayer/BTB/objectve games) has a lot of potential.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still playing The Show 14 And Watch Dogs.

Destiny seems like a fairly Standard FPS to me, I don't get the hype
:scratch:

Watch Dogs and The Show look like fairly standard sandbox and sports games. To each their own but Destiny looks to be mashing FPS with MMO elements. It'll be a huge game but Im not sure if its going to be revolutionary or anything. Its been almost a year and I haven't seen a reason to make the jump to the next gen of systems. What on earth happened to video games?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

Watch Dogs and The Show look like fairly standard sandbox and sports games. To each their own but Destiny looks to be mashing FPS with MMO elements. It'll be a huge game but Im not sure if its going to be revolutionary or anything. Its been almost a year and I haven't seen a reason to make the jump to the next gen of systems. What on earth happened to video games?

Every system takes awhile for great games to start coming out. If you're lucky, you get 1 truly great one at launch. Developers didn't really maximize the 360 until GTA 5, for example, and that was how many years after launch?

I'm itching for a really great game for sure, though.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every system takes awhile for great games to start coming out. If you're lucky, you get 1 truly great one at launch. Developers didn't really maximize the 360 until GTA 5, for example, and that was how many years after launch?

The thing with most of the games coming out right now.... is the fact that they have to "scale things back" a bit for the 360/ps3.

Which SUCKS.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that next year will be the year that players and developers really start to shift away from the last generation consoles. It's really disappointing when a game with great potential comes out and is clearly hampered by being developed for the 360 and PS3 (like Watchdogs), hopefully that doesn't turn out to be the case with Destiny.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imo, from a technical stanpoint the 360/Ps3 Generation maxed out around the time Skyrim came out. Thats really when you saw games really take off with those systems. GTAV is the most impressive video game ever created, imo, but thats a different subject altogether.

Currently my list of games that would make me want to make the jump are: Destiny and FF14: ARR. Not an impressive list so far but that gives me time to finish up all of the games I missed out on during the last generation.

I suspect the sequel to Titanfall will be 'the leap' that everyone is looking for.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't checked out the beta but I have this game pre-ordered.