• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ANYBODY WANT TO DEFEND BEVELL NOW????

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm considered the enemy and all that but I would like to offer my view.

A pass play in that situation really isn't as horrible as you think. The really horrible part here is the slant call. On the goal line you have very little space to throw a ball into and no way you are throwing low to avoid a pick off attempt on a play like that unless you are freaky tall. The much better play is play action and roll out Wilson. Then he can either run it in, pass it, or chuck it out the back of the endzone and plays to his strengths.

What really would concern me though is the fact that Bevell decided to throw Lockett under the bus instead of manning up to his play call. I would fire someone over that.

Kumquat, I think 90%+ of Seahawk fans would agree with what you posted, but we would most likely run the Beast on 2nd and 1.
Good post on your part though.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't like your coach setting up, getting, and exploiting mismatches? Good luck with that attitude.

Wait wait wait.... So you need to exploit mismatches when your on the 1 yard line in the Super Bowl with Lynch in the back field ? How about just pounding the effin rock forward with Lynch ? I would say that's a pretty effin good mismatch wouldn't you ? You don't need to get cute there for the obvious reason of taking unnecessary risks.... That's why were on the losing end right now and I stand by that... Worst call in Super Bowl history, so yes the @#$^#@ should be fired... If I was Paul Allen I would force Carroll to replace him and that's no joke... Bevell has done this crap many times in the past .... He's a below average OC and is definitely not the reason Seattle has had success...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait wait wait.... So you need to exploit mismatches when your on the 1 yard line in the Super Bowl with Lynch in the back field ? How about just pounding the effin rock forward with Lynch ? I would say that's a pretty effin good mismatch wouldn't you ? You don't need to get cute there for the obvious reason of taking unnecessary risks.... That's why were on the losing end right now and I stand by that... Worst call in Super Bowl history, so yes the @#$^#@ should be fired... If I was Paul Allen I would force Carroll to replace him and that's no joke... Bevell has done this crap many times in the past .... He's a below average OC and is definitely not the reason Seattle has had success...

Facing a 9 man front and if Lynch doesn't get in, you burn a timeout and now you have no choice but to pass the ball.

If Jermaine Kearse doesn't get destroyed by Brandon Browner it was an easy TD Lockette puts his hand in front of his body it is at worst an incomplete. If Wilson throws it just a little lower is is an incomplete or TD. If Butler doesn't make a simply tremendous play on the ball, it is at worst 3rd down.

The numbers don't lie. Passing in that situation is overwhelmingly low risk. There was NO ONE in the backfield except for Butler.

While I think that Butler and Browner deserve credit for the play more than anyone deserves blame, the person to blame the most is Ricardo Lockette. You CANNOT let your hands get behind your body in that situation.

Believe it or not the plan is to take advantage of what the defense gives you, not try and beat them at what they are defending.

Blaming OCs is the easiest thing in the world to do. Fans don't have a clue about what is actually going on but they know how to play Madden and they can always judge results. If Lockette pulls in the TD everyone says that it was a brilliant play call that caught the Patriots flat footed. He doesn't and it is the worst play call of all time. It is ridiculous.

The team has won 30 games in the last 2 years. I think the coaches have shown that they know what they are doing.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team has won 30 games in the last 2 years. I think the coaches have shown that they know what they are doing.

In before some dumb ass says Lynch and Wilson are just leet enough to overcome the always present bad play calling in 3... 2... 1...

(Wait for it, it's coming) :lol:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before some dumb ass says Lynch and Wilson are just leet enough to overcome the always present bad play calling in 3... 2... 1...

(Wait for it, it's coming) :lol:

And people will forget that Lynch fumbled the ball last year inside the 5 in the NFCC game.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And people will forget that Lynch fumbled the ball last year inside the 5 in the NFCC game.

And they'll forget the horrible play calling before halftime of the very same game where Bevell play-called the team to a touchdown to tie the game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they'll forget the horrible play calling before halftime of the very same game where Bevell play-called the team to a touchdown to tie the game.

Yup. Everyone was saying that we should take the points and not risk it.

I was upset when the play happened. But then I saw the All-22 and thought about it and realized that the pass was a good play call. It was a low risk pass but no play is zero risk.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tzorn would rather we go 9-7 next season without Bevell than go back to the SB for a 3rd time with him. That's how much hate he has.

9-7, 2-14, 0-16,,,,,whats the difference if your just going to go to the super bowl and shit it away like they did? I would have rather got blown out by 70 then to lose from poor coaching like that. Hell, not even making it to the super bowl would have been preferable to that.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tz, we all feel the pain of that call and there is no defense in it (even by a homer such as me).
Yet, you can't let the inmates run the asylum. I believe it is Pete's way or the high way no matter who you are. Of course, he would try to counsel anyone making an ultimatum but...

I know your right, but I cant help but to feel there will be repercussions from all of this with the players. I have a bad feeling that this team will implode next season. Hope i'm wrong.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell has done this crap many times in the past .... He's a below average OC and is definitely not the reason Seattle has had success...

I agree with this. I would say more then 50% of our pass plays are sandlot plays with Wilson running around and making something out of nothing due to pass blocking breaking down, receivers sadly not getting open, and having the wrong personnel on the field to execute in certain areas. Any OC can draw up run plays and Bevell struggles with anything more then that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know your right, but I cant help but to feel there will be repercussions from all of this with the players. I have a bad feeling that this team will implode next season. Hope i'm wrong.

If this team is so emotionally fragile that it can't lose one of the closest and best Super Bowls of all time without falling to pieces, then it is time to break the team up.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying just that. If you replace Bevell, even with someone you think is much better, you are starting over with the offense and it likely reduces your chances of going back to the SB next year by at least 80%. And there isn't anything anyone else can say that will change that opinion.

We have people here that think you can plug anyone in at OC and they still coast into a SB because of Wilson and Lynch. There are great QB's all over this league and they don't coast into championships. It's a lot harder than some are giving credit. Bevell might not be the top OC in the game, but he's lead that offense to back to back SB's so to suggest we can't reach a 3rd with him is ludicrous. It's insanity. It's the definition of over thinking.

How often have we seen Wilson do his best Houdini impression and Lynch drag multiple defenders for positive yardage after getting hit in the backfield? How many times have we heard Wilson praised for his improvisational skills when a play, as written, breaks down? It would be unfair to Bevell to say that the success of the offense has had nothing to do with him and everything to do with the players, but there have also been plenty of instances in which the players, Wilson and Lynch specifically, have made him look like a genius because they took a busted play and turned it into a productive play.

At this point, I think Bevell goes into the 2015 season as the Seahawks offensive coordinator. If Carroll was going to fire him, it would have happened sometime last week. That said, considering how rare it is for teams to make it to the Super Bowl three consecutive years to begin with, the only way you could trace the team's failure to get back to the Super Bowl next year to Bevell's firing is if the defense was as dominant as ever, but the offense saw its production fall off a cliff and that drop-off could only be attributed to the new OC and nothing else.

Also, not to be a dick, but where in the world did you get an 80+% reduction in the team's chances to get back to the Super Bowl if Bevell is fired? I'm not someone who blames Bevell for every problem this team has had since he's been here, but I think you might be giving him a bit too much credit for the team's success just to counter all the people who want to give him too little credit. I think most objective people would say that more of the credit for the recent success of the team should go to the defense, making it difficult to make the case that one change on offense, even if it's a change of coordinators, could reduce the team's chances of getting back to the Super Bowl by that significant a margin.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team is so emotionally fragile that it can't lose one of the closest and best Super Bowls of all time without falling to pieces, then it is time to break the team up.

Not sure what more would need to happen besides losing the biggest game ever due to a horrible play call and then have your OC throw the players under the bus. If they overcome this, they can overcome anything. It doesn't get worse.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what more would need to happen besides losing the biggest game ever due to a horrible play call and then have your OC throw the players under the bus. If they overcome this, they can overcome anything. It doesn't get worse.

While you have convinced yourself that it is the worst call in the history of sports, that doesn't make it so.

And Bevell's comments about Lockette are not exactly something that will stick with anyone who doesn't have a grudge like some fans.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, not to be a dick, but where in the world did you get an 80+% reduction in the team's chances to get back to the Super Bowl if Bevell is fired? I'm not someone who blames Bevell for every problem this team has had since he's been here, but I think you might be giving him a bit too much credit for the team's success just to counter all the people who want to give him too little credit. I think most objective people would say that more of the credit for the recent success of the team should go to the defense, making it difficult to make the case that one change on offense, even if it's a change of coordinators, could reduce the team's chances of getting back to the Super Bowl by that significant a margin.

It's not about giving Bevell credit. It's about changing our offensive system causing problems for the offense.

We don't have a traditional offense. A new coordinator would bring significant change. Maybe for the better but it will take time.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about giving Bevell credit. It's about changing our offensive system causing problems for the offense.

We don't have a traditional offense. A new coordinator would bring significant change. Maybe for the better but it will take time.

A new coordinator might not bring that much change in a run first offense. Sure there will probably be different schemes in the passing game but also the new coordinator could call more running plays inside the 3yd line where Bevell likes to pass.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since he only made it in from the 1 once in five times this year, yeah. Even disregarding that - which you shoukdnt - setting up and exploiting mismatches and using correct time and down management is EXACTLY what a coach should be doing.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facing a 9 man front and if Lynch doesn't get in, you burn a timeout and now you have no choice but to pass the ball.

If Jermaine Kearse doesn't get destroyed by Brandon Browner it was an easy TD Lockette puts his hand in front of his body it is at worst an incomplete. If Wilson throws it just a little lower is is an incomplete or TD. If Butler doesn't make a simply tremendous play on the ball, it is at worst 3rd down.

The numbers don't lie. Passing in that situation is overwhelmingly low risk. There was NO ONE in the backfield except for Butler.

While I think that Butler and Browner deserve credit for the play more than anyone deserves blame, the person to blame the most is Ricardo Lockette. You CANNOT let your hands get behind your body in that situation.

Believe it or not the plan is to take advantage of what the defense gives you, not try and beat them at what they are defending.

Blaming OCs is the easiest thing in the world to do. Fans don't have a clue about what is actually going on but they know how to play Madden and they can always judge results. If Lockette pulls in the TD everyone says that it was a brilliant play call that caught the Patriots flat footed. He doesn't and it is the worst play call of all time. It is ridiculous.

See? Billy Idol gets it!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-7, 2-14, 0-16,,,,,whats the difference if your just going to go to the super bowl and shit it away like they did? I would have rather got blown out by 70 then to lose from poor coaching like that. Hell, not even making it to the super bowl would have been preferable to that.
Then you would have missed the team you supposedly root for beat Carolina and the Green Bay in home playoff games.
I attended both games and had an absolute blast. In no way would I wish those didn't happen.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If anyone can dial them in, it is Pete.
Fear not, we will be back tougher than we were this year. Just watch.

...and mellow a bit bro. It's not good to carry so much weight. Tell Stu as well.