• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ANYBODY WANT TO DEFEND BEVELL NOW????

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say don't grieve or hold to your opinion, I just said stop killing yourself with the thoughts that the game was for sure a win if they had run. We all agree we would rather have lost doing what our strengths are than how we did, but you are just torturing yourself with the thoughts it was a slam dunk win if they had run. That's just not helping you.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples and oranges. The defense IS Carroll. They can bring anyone in and it wouldn't change. The offense may be based on his desires, but all of the details are laid out by the OC.

Completely different.

Not worried in the least about Quinn leaving. Could have brought in anyone and I wouldn't be worried. Offense is a whole different thing for this team.

Obviously Carroll is a defense-oriented guy, but I think that only enhances my point. If he decided to replace Bevell, I just don't think he'd waste championship window time, or waste a year of elite defense, by replacing him with someone who would chew up a lot of time teaching his players a totally different schematic language or anything else that might slow, even if only by a little, Wilson's progression as a quarterback and/or the offense's progression as a unit. It would make no sense for him to let all that hard work on defense go to waste by hiring a guy on offense whose scheme or terminology would result in a significant period of adjustment for the players. Obviously the best way to avoid any kind of adjustment period would be to keep Bevell on-board, but if he ever wanted to or had to let Bevell go and still keep continuity and avoid going through a protracted adjustment period, his best course of action would be to hire a guy whose offensive philosophy and terminology match what Bevell's been doing, but who doesn't put that philosophy and terminology to use exactly the same way Bevell does.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying just that. If you replace Bevell, even with someone you think is much better, you are starting over with the offense and it likely reduces your chances of going back to the SB next year by at least 80%. And there isn't anything anyone else can say that will change that opinion.

We have people here that think you can plug anyone in at OC and they still coast into a SB because of Wilson and Lynch. There are great QB's all over this league and they don't coast into championships. It's a lot harder than some are giving credit. Bevell might not be the top OC in the game, but he's lead that offense to back to back SB's so to suggest we can't reach a 3rd with him is ludicrous. It's insanity. It's the definition of over thinking.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying just that. If you replace Bevell, even with someone you think is much better, you are starting over with the offense and it likely reduces your chances of going back to the SB next year by at least 80%. And there isn't anything anyone else can say that will change that opinion.

We have people here that think you can plug anyone in at OC and they still coast into a SB because of Wilson and Lynch. There are great QB's all over this league and they don't coast into championships. It's a lot harder than some are giving credit. Bevell might not be the top OC in the game, but he's lead that offense to back to back SB's so to suggest we can't reach a 3rd with him is ludicrous. It's insanity. It's the definition of over thinking.

I've openly complained about Bevell way before this game... Remember when Lynch flipped him off because he wouldn't use him at the goal-line .... This was something Bevell has done in the past ....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet we are two time defending NFC champions with him.

I'd very much like a chance at getting back to that game again.

Don't fix it if it isn't broken.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hardest part is not the losing part... it's the way we lost ... We gave it away... Taking nothing from the Pats who did claw back into the game down 10 ... But I feel the coaching staff let the team and fans down with that stupid call.. It was just to big of a moment to get risky, it wasn't necessary ... It's gonna haunt us all for a long while.... Lynch was gonna score, I know it, you know it , every Pats fan knows it... Bevell is and arrogant guy to even consider what he did... I was screaming DON"T YOU THROW IT BEVELL before the play... Go LYNCH!! Don't even think about anything else!!!! When we ran a slant route I was in disbelief.. It was the worst call we could a made for that situation.... #@^#$ off Bevell.... just #@$^ off ... I hope Seattle dumps you ... The sooner the better...

Perfectly said.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Bevell is staying as our OC. Pete said in an interview right after the Super Bowl that Bevell is an integral piece of the team's future (or something similar to that).
It sounds like he is a lock to return.
Bitching about it wont change that.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suppose your right. Firing the bastard sure would take some of the sting away from that terrible fucking playcall though.

I'm still hoping and praying that Lynch gives the ultimatum that either Bevell goes or he goes.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Bevell is staying as our OC. Pete said in an interview right after the Super Bowl that Bevell is an integral piece of the team's future (or something similar to that).
It sounds like he is a lock to return.

He wouldn't say anything but that even if he was going to fire him. You don't say anything publicly until the deed is done.

I still would be surprised to see him fire him. You don't start clearing house when you are on back to back SB games. You just don't.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll would never fire Bevell. That would make Pete look bad for agreeing to the call and we know he would never admit to that.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll would never fire Bevell. That would make Pete look bad for agreeing to the call and we know he would never admit to that.

Wrong-Oh.

In the Percy Harvin fiasco, both PC and JS knew they were going to look bad in that decision, but did so for the good of the team.
Them's Big Balls.

Your being pissed is clouding you just a little.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your being pissed is clouding you just a little.

More then just a little probably.

Getting rid of a known cancer like Harvin is small beans compared to getting rid of a guy who called the worst play in the history of football and yet you agreed to it.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz, my point is we should not have been in a 11 set. We should have sent in a big package instead of 1 TE 3 WR's.
With 2nd and 1, a big package makes sense to me. At that point it doesn't matter what NE does. Even if they stack the line, RW could audible to a pass play.

So you don't like your coach setting up, getting, and exploiting mismatches? Good luck with that attitude.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is tzorn still on here saying 'uhhhh lots of ppl agree with me. Meh'?

I see he is. Laughable.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't like your coach setting up, getting, and exploiting mismatches? Good luck with that attitude.

Given the outcome it's obvious there were better options.

I've said all along that NE was quite poor inside the 2 in stopping the run all year. Line up in power set and run it. Their defense just gave up 4y on a run. Just get up and do it again. They got too cute worrying over the clock and pissed their game away because of it.

Once they were in 11 personnel then they had to react to that defensive front. They shouldn't have gone to that front to begin with. Run the read zone out of power if you want options. Can't tell you how many times Wilson has walked into the EZ untouched on those.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really hate to lose Lynch over this.

tzorn would rather we go 9-7 next season without Bevell than go back to the SB for a 3rd time with him. That's how much hate he has.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suppose your right. Firing the bastard sure would take some of the sting away from that terrible fucking playcall though.

I'm still hoping and praying that Lynch gives the ultimatum that either Bevell goes or he goes.

tz, we all feel the pain of that call and there is no defense in it (even by a homer such as me).
Yet, you can't let the inmates run the asylum. I believe it is Pete's way or the high way no matter who you are. Of course, he would try to counsel anyone making an ultimatum but...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why try to put words in my mouth?
On 2nd and 1 with Marshawn in the backfield it makes sense to me that we would put the jumbo package in. From that you can roll out, hand off, or run play action. On any game, at any point in the game.
It sounds like you don't quite understand football very well.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm considered the enemy and all that but I would like to offer my view.

A pass play in that situation really isn't as horrible as you think. The really horrible part here is the slant call. On the goal line you have very little space to throw a ball into and no way you are throwing low to avoid a pick off attempt on a play like that unless you are freaky tall. The much better play is play action and roll out Wilson. Then he can either run it in, pass it, or chuck it out the back of the endzone and plays to his strengths.

What really would concern me though is the fact that Bevell decided to throw Lockett under the bus instead of manning up to his play call. I would fire someone over that.