• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody else think this is Gore's last season here?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He finishes this contract and might even get another year out of him after that. Hes a beast

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much longer does Gore have on his contract?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
replace him and Alex Smith

OOOOOHHHHH!
threadalexed.jpg

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much longer does Gore have on his contract?

Cap numbers seem to be tricky to get exact numbers on, but

Via Gore's NinerCapHell.com profile, Gore is under contract through 2014, with his complete salary being:
2012 - $6,005,580
2013 - $6,450,000
2014 - $6,450,000

Gore's b-day is in May, so he will be 30 going into next season, 31 by the end of his contract, and will celebrate his 32nd birthday, in 2015, without a set contract.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(continued)

Gore's NCH base salary & "roster" salary are about 50/50 in making up his yearly 6-6.5 mil contract (would 'roster money' be counted as a bonus/potential dead money, even though his signing bonus is zero?).

With the new rookie scale in the last CBA, the 49ers might be able to eat any dead money if Gore falters within the coming years, but if the Niners continue to play consistent, playoff caliber football, I really want Gore to be on the roster & get a shot at a ring.

I know football isn't the place to be sentimental, but no one has bled red & gold for the Niners like Gore has since BY was still suiting up, but BY at least HAS a ring......

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(continued)

I know football isn't the place to be sentimental, but no one has bled red & gold for the Niners like Gore has since BY was still suiting up, but BY at least HAS a ring......

Exactly, most of these fans dont seem to give a crap about team loyalty. When he had two bad games last season, they were out in numbers demanding that he was done and he get traded. Its totally pathetic what passes for supporting the team now.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore has been the best back this season and he has looked good, he isnt going anywhere, thats not how JH operates

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, most of these fans dont seem to give a crap about team loyalty. When he had two bad games last season, they were out in numbers demanding that he was done and he get traded. Its totally pathetic what passes for supporting the team now.

Agree, but I attempt to be mindful of the hard fact that 'What have you done for us lately?' is the nature of the NFL.

The moment that encapsulates my respect for Gore was in 2010 when he fractured his hip against the Cardinals, still ran for another 50 yards or so before coming out - you KNEW he had to be in incredible pain to take himself out. I remember the camera panned to Gore standing on the sidelines & I remember looking in his eyes it was easy to tell that something was seriously wrong with him, but it also looked like he was dying inside not being out on the field with the rest of the team. At that point, I couldn't respect any player on the team more than Gore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I agree some take their criticism too far, I would also agree that some take their loyalty too far as well. Blind loyalty is no better than blind criticism IMO.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to Gore, my favorite RB was Roger Craig, then Garrison Hearst. Gore has surpassed them both in my mind. What did it for me was reading how after the Niners re-upped on his rookie contract well before his contract was up, he was crying at the HQ hugging everyone in the hallway, explaining how this will help him pay for his mom's dialysis, the reason he left early for the NFL to begin with. He has never complained and frankly was our lone bright spot on offense until the eventual emergence of VD last season. He was our offensive identity and he did it with 8 in the box every play and piss poor offensive scheming by the coaches. When his mother died, the game after it seemed as if EVERY 49er was playing for his mom, not just him and they helped keep him up. To me, he is in the same class as BY in terms of players I would love to see retire as a Niner. I am absolutely being sentimental but it also takes a lot for me to feel that way about a player. Gore earned my respect years ago, earned my admiration years ago, and earned my man-crush each and every time he suits up and grinds out the tough yards. I know its a business but there is something to be said about fandom and keeping certain players around for the good of the franchise and culture it brings.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to Gore, my favorite RB was Roger Craig, then Garrison Hearst. Gore has surpassed them both in my mind. What did it for me was reading how after the Niners re-upped on his rookie contract well before his contract was up, he was crying at the HQ hugging everyone in the hallway, explaining how this will help him pay for his mom's dialysis, the reason he left early for the NFL to begin with. He has never complained and frankly was our lone bright spot on offense until the eventual emergence of VD last season. He was our offensive identity and he did it with 8 in the box every play and piss poor offensive scheming by the coaches. When his mother died, the game after it seemed as if EVERY 49er was playing for his mom, not just him and they helped keep him up. To me, he is in the same class as BY in terms of players I would love to see retire as a Niner. I am absolutely being sentimental but it also takes a lot for me to feel that way about a player. Gore earned my respect years ago, earned my admiration years ago, and earned my man-crush each and every time he suits up and grinds out the tough yards. I know its a business but there is something to be said about fandom and keeping certain players around for the good of the franchise and culture it brings.

Umm are you forgetting the fact that he held out last year?

Look, Gore will probably go down as one of my favorite 9ers of all time. Just because you like them doesn't mean you can't move on when they have a clear drop off in their play. Granted Gore hasn't quite reached that point yet, but it's going to be here soon and we need to be ready to deal with it. If he's willing to take a pay cut then this becomes a different story.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with hunter taking 10-15 touches a game we should be able to extend the shelf life of gore, maybe a couple more seasons.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
with hunter taking 10-15 touches a game we should be able to extend the shelf life of gore, maybe a couple more seasons.

agree, Hunter and Jacobs will take some reps so Gore will be here at least next season. Gore is running great now so hard to foresee such a big drop-off? he'd need a big drop off before they'd consider cutting him next season.

past next season, we can only wait and see what he does in 2013?

next year /baalke either re-signs Jacobs "cheaper", or look for another "short yardage" back. look to the draft mid or late round, else free agent?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you talking about next year for Hunter to carry 10-15 times? Right now Kendall is carrying the rock at last year's pace of 7 carries/Gm, but even that will help to keep Gore's legs fresh. It will be interesting to see Harbaugh plays the Jacobs card

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking about next year for Hunter to carry 10-15 times? Right now Kendall is carrying the rock at last year's pace of 7 carries/Gm, but even that will help to keep Gore's legs fresh. It will be interesting to see Harbaugh plays the Jacobs card

i'm expecting hunter to get more touches or at least hunter/jacobs. gore hasn't ran the ball a whole lot so far.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree, Hunter and Jacobs will take some reps so Gore will be here at least next season. Gore is running great now so hard to foresee such a big drop-off? he'd need a big drop off before they'd consider cutting him next season.

past next season, we can only wait and see what he does in 2013?

next year /baalke either re-signs Jacobs "cheaper", or look for another "short yardage" back. look to the draft mid or late round, else free agent?

without gore we'll need a #1 guy. i don't think there will be an upgrade in free agency.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1