• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any ideas?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morin, Vinny, and the 17th pick for the 1st pick. Would you do it?

Seems like a lot of rumors about the flyers trying to get the first pick.. aligns with florida being a place vinny could go.. gotta add another big chip but I don't think hexy will trade schenn or couturier.. so that's kinda what I come up w/.

I would do it.

I can't see Florida wanting to move that far down even if they get a player like Samuel Morin - and he's still a few years away, Panthers are looking for players that can help them now and only Vinny would be able to help them now

I've said before, it just doesn't make sense for the Flyers to trade up, they don't have the necessary assets and it's too far down from number one

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Florida wanting to move that far down even if they get a player like Samuel Morin - and he's still a few years away, Panthers are looking for players that can help them now and only Vinny would be able to help them now

I've said before, it just doesn't make sense for the Flyers to trade up, they don't have the necessary assets and it's too far down from number one

I agree, just curious and wanting to talk about the draft. Getting very excited right now :drool:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, just curious and wanting to talk about the draft. Getting very excited right now :drool:

Hockey Central on Sportsnet Radio just said Braydon Coburn could be intriguing for Florida

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey Central on Sportsnet Radio just said Braydon Coburn could be intriguing for Florida

I was actually thinking about him last night and it occurred to me that there could be a 3 way deal including Edmonton. They have been trying to get Coburn for what, 2 season now. I could see us shipping out Vinny, Coburn, our 1st and another piece for the 1st overall. What the actual deal would look like is beyond me though. If some of the offers that are supposedly being made for the 1st are real though the Flyers are better off doing nothing.

Also this made me laugh and yes it is from hockeybuzz but not Ek himself.
Rumored offer: Sharp, Roszival, D prospect Adam Clendening and Chicago #1 to Florida for their number 1 and Erik Gudbranson

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morin, Vinny, and the 17th pick for the 1st pick. Would you do it?

Seems like a lot of rumors about the flyers trying to get the first pick.. aligns with florida being a place vinny could go.. gotta add another big chip but I don't think hexy will trade schenn or couturier.. so that's kinda what I come up w/.

I would do it.

I would do it in a secon w/o hesitating.Is this a rumor?:omg:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why but I think Hexy is going to make a big push for the 1st pick to take Ekblad. I know he's not the only GM who's looking into the 1st but something about his interviews is leaving me with the feeling he's willing to do a 2 year rebuild. I think he realistically sees the team 3 years away from being a serious cup threat and if that's the case I'm ok with dealing some guys now and trying to get extra 1st rounders for next years much deeper draft.

Also Vinny may not be gone till after July 1 because of the $2m bonus he's owed. I just hope we don't have to hang on to too much of that cap especially since the cap may not even reach $70m now.

Looks like cap will be set at $69 mil

NHL salary cap set at $69 million for 2014-15 season - ESPN

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Buffalo is still saying there doors are open to take on bad contracts. I say we ask what they'll want to take Vinny & Grossmann off our hands. Also I wouldn't mind signing Ehrhoff for 4 years at 4 per year.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Buffalo is still saying there doors are open to take on bad contracts. I say we ask what they'll want to take Vinny & Grossmann off our hands. Also I wouldn't mind signing Ehrhoff for 4 years at 4 per year.

I'd rather buy out Vinny and trade Nicklas Grossmann to Edmonton than to trade those guys to Buffalo and have to give up picks in return just to get them off our hands

Ron Hextall should not have to give up picks just to get rid of those guys, he didn't sign those guys so it shouldn't be his obligation to give up picks for the future just because of an idiot who signed those guys before

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both those guys still have some value worst case with Vinny the Flyers pay some of his salary. Grossmann is fine too its just that the Flyers already have Luke who's the same player. Other teams need a guy like that but I don't think that they want to give Grossmann away.