• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Brown says he's quitting the NFL

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the best players should leave.
The league won't miss a beat.

Worse entertainment is still entertainment.
Doesn't matter if it's two homeless mexican trannys fighting with nunchucks or a majestic battle between two full time armies of the most physically able.

:wtf:

If the best 10-20 players in the NFL left the game. No, you really would not notice a difference. You would have a new 10-20 best players. There's young talent everywhere waiting for their shot to fill those roles.

Careers are short anyway. The 10-20 best players in the league won't even be that for more than a couple years, maybe. Outside of a couple of QB's. This is especially true when talking about skill players like RB and WR. Which have the highest profile. They mostly rise fast and burn out quick.

All of this is besides the point anyway. None of this is connected to what I said.

The point is directed towards when those people (AB, other primadonna entertainers) start to believe that it makes them something extraordinary or spectacular outside the realm of what they do. In AB's case; one may even say he believes himself to be borderline "divine".

He's a "ball catcher". Just like you're what you are and I am what I am. We all can be replaced. As soon as we start thinking we're bigger than that. We need to be fucking checked.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please leave your social life out of this

It's tough sleddin looking for fun on a weeknight when you're illiterate, have no friends and can't afford a television.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he NEEDS football right now. Functioning everyday as a non-football playing former NFL player could be kinda rough on him...in another 6 mos or so out of the league we won't forget him, but his tweeting, social media attention getting stuff will fade away from the headlines.

I think it's the lack of attention that could take him out.
He may need football, but football can survive without him. All of this drama is of his own making...from the Steelers to the Raiders, to the Patriots ...AB caused all this grief. People bent over backward to please him, from his perceived slights from Steeler players, to Gruden kissing his ass, to Kraft cutting him for his threatening tweets against a women AND her kids...All of these were actions done solely by Brown. To this day he is unrepentant and still blames others. Only one person can alter his future and that is Brown. He needs to man up and accept responsibility for his actions, and if he can't and suck starts a .45 that is all on him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to figure out why you quoted me. You're shadow boxing. None of this is connected to my point. You missed it. Entirely man.
It wouldn’t be the first time I missed something. No clue what shadow boxing means though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may need football, but football can survive without him. All of this drama is of his own making...from the Steelers to the Raiders, to the Patriots ...AB caused all this grief. People bent over backward to please him, from his perceived slights from Steeler players, to Gruden kissing his ass, to Kraft cutting him for his threatening tweets against a women AND her kids...All of these were actions done solely by Brown. To this day he is unrepentant and still blames others. Only one person can alter his future and that is Brown. He needs to man up and accept responsibility for his actions, and if he can't and suck starts a .45 that is all on him.
Preaching to the choir on AB....no empathy from me...just stating I think he’s a messed up dude ....clinically...but agreed, entirely self inflicted

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the Browns try to sign him....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn’t be the first time I missed something. No clue what shadow boxing means though.

Fighting with the air. No one fighting back against you.

I sort of clarified my position in my reply to Eaglesnut up above.

And so far as the "businessman" part. Yeah, if he opens up a restaurant chain. Fine. He hasn't done that. Having money stuck into your pocket for doing a job at your place of employment does not make you a "businessman".

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the best players should leave.
The league won't miss a beat.

Worse entertainment is still entertainment.
Doesn't matter if it's two homeless mexican trannys fighting with nunchucks or a majestic battle between two full time armies of the most physically able.

:wtf:

I was actually thinking about this post even more. lol

What do you get if EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY NFL player leaves the NFL? College football. LMAO. Only a billion dollar industry with hundreds of millions of viewers every week.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EIzUhC4XkAExbJh

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preaching to the choir on AB....no empathy from me...just stating I think he’s a messed up dude ....clinically...but agreed, entirely self inflicted

You got the best he had and the worst he had. Luckily for you, the Steelers cut bait before he went completely off the rails.

The guy had problems dating back to before college. It's why he went to Central Michigan and was a 6th round pick and he didn't go to Michigan, Florida or even Alabama. He had that kind of talent.

The reason he behaved himself for as long as he did is very simple: The Almighty Dollar. He got paid, and paid again, let it go to his head (which admittedly took a hard shot) and went off the rails.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fighting with the air. No one fighting back against you.

I sort of clarified my position in my reply to Eaglesnut up above.

And so far as the "businessman" part. Yeah, if he opens up a restaurant chain. Fine. He hasn't done that. Having money stuck into your pocket for doing a job at your place of employment does not make you a "businessman".

Noted.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got the best he had and the worst he had. Luckily for you, the Steelers cut bait before he went completely off the rails.

The guy had problems dating back to before college. It's why he went to Central Michigan and was a 6th round pick and he didn't go to Michigan, Florida or even Alabama. He had that kind of talent.

The reason he behaved himself for as long as he did is very simple: The Almighty Dollar. He got paid, and paid again, let it go to his head (which admittedly took a hard shot) and went off the rails.

tbh...I didn't know anything about Brown before PIT drafted him, but he was a hungry late round pick that made good. I think Tomlin realized he was a little nutty and much like there were "Ben" privileges, namely no practice on Wed...there eventually became unofficial "AB" privileges...(late for meetings, missing meeting, late for practice, blowups with position coaches, etc.) but because he balled out on Sundays, they turned a blind eye.

It snowballed, and in his mind he was on the same level as Ben within the organization and Ben answering a question honestly on his radio show (basically said AB ran the wrong route and caused a INT)...which even if true he never should've said it)...that sent him off the deep end...never to return...not in PIT anyway.

Great player...not great at much else...really happy the way it played out with him going to OAK.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't even think it was about him going off the rails; it was about his transgressions going public. Without his legal issues, he's still a Patriot. The NFL will deal with difficult; they try to save face with legal issues (most of the time).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think it was about him going off the rails; it was about his transgressions going public. Without his legal issues, he's still a Patriot. The NFL will deal with difficult; they try to save face with legal issues (most of the time).

I think the "transgressions" are part of him going off the rails...throwing furniture off a 14 story balcony? Bizarre.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s sad to see what he is going through, he has a lot of talent going to waist. I really think he needs to get his head examined because something is wrong for sure

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the "transgressions" are part of him going off the rails...throwing furniture off a 14 story balcony? Bizarre.

Sure, that one is. The sexual assault allegations are much more troubling.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, this week he wants to come back and play.... don't worry, after he meets with the league next week, he'll throw another tantrum and say he doesn't want to play