• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Brown flopped according to Pacman Jones

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shazier smashing Gio's face was much worse. And they didn't even call a penalty. That changed the game completely.

"Defenseless receiver " stuff needs to be reworked. Head to head is a much more dangerous action imo.

idk if one was much worse than the other to be honest...both were tough hits, the difference is Brown had no time to react or brace for the blow, basically touched a foot on a ground and wham.

On the Shazier hit...there's a fair amount of input from people in or associated with the NFL that should not have a bias say his hit was clean. As a Steeler fan, I would have accepted it as a penalty if called, but I also see why it was not called.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys remember when this reporter flopped?

man-gets-hit-by-car-o.gif

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shazier smashing Gio's face was much worse. And they didn't even call a penalty. That changed the game completely.

"Defenseless receiver " stuff needs to be reworked. Head to head is a much more dangerous action imo.

By rule he was established as a runner..

Maybe the rule should add a clause that if the ball is caught with their back to the defense, they should get an extra step or two before being established as a runner. aka a football move becomes 4 steps instead of 2??

I dunno...then you'd prolly just see post-up routes on every play.

At best you could say Shazier "launched" or lead with the crown. (which I never understood, cuz your head is out in front, no matter what, so there's always a possibility that you are off target when the target moves)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe the rule should add a clause that if the ball is caught with their back to the defense, they should get an extra step or two before being established as a runner. aka a football move becomes 4 steps instead of 2??

At best you could say Shazier "launched" or lead with the crown. (which I never understood, cuz your head is out in front, no matter what, so there's always a possibility that you are off target when the target moves)

also...looking at your target is equally dangerous to the neck, so....who knows? It's a violent game. They prolly should've stayed with leather helmets and actually enforced the rules against steroids...shit will prolly end up being its demise.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe they could amend it to say: if you knock a player tFuck out because you smash him in the face with your head, and he fumbled, it's not a fumble. It's a penalty. You don't get the ball, they get a first down and 15 free yards.

I want THAT rule.

Also was garbage when Munchak got penalized when tPacMan pushed him after he pulled his hair.

Weird fuckin game that was.

(You know I hate the term "football move" almost as bad as "finish the process" right? Lol.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also...looking at your target is equally dangerous to the neck, so....who knows? It's a violent game. They prolly should've stayed with leather helmets and actually enforced the rules against steroids...shit will prolly end up being its demise.
There'd be a lot less injuries with no facmasks. A lot of grappling and wrestling guys down but none of the human missle stuff. Maybe less teeth, but you can always get new ones.

Nobody ever got smashed playing in the backyard. Cuz we didn't have helmets.

I think the NFL will be sustained for awhile with inner city meat that doesn't know any better and third world talent. But it can't last too long on this course.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also was garbage when Munchak got penalized when tPacMan pushed him after he pulled his hair.
I think that was Reggie Nelson. Nelson gave Todman a push out of bounds, and Munchak went to catch Nelson as he came towards him. Nelson seemed to want to re-initiate with Todman after that, but Munchak did grab him and pull him. Seemed like he may have been off balance, and there was another Steeler staff member under his feet. The hair was incidental I think, just becuase Reggie has hair EVERYWHERE.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at this angle of it:
BrownThunderousEeve.gif

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initially yeah. But then Nelson just wouldn't stop.

He didn't turn around to get back on the field. He was going right at Todman to either jaw at or bump him around.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IIRC the "leading with the crown" part of that penalty was implemented because it's actually more dangerous to the tackler as it compacts the spine and can possibly lead to paralysis.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe anything the NFL says. If he truly did suffer a concussion and was knocked out cold then he will not play next week. Tyler Eifert missed several games with a much less severe looking concussion. So, we'll see. I'm betting Brown is perfectly fine come Sunday.
You don't seem to understand, there are different levels of concussions. If a player passed the necessary tests he will play. It's not that hard to figure out