• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anthony Miller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of...As I was getting at before...Money talks. If they were 100% behind him, he would be getting a contract this offseason. He will not be. It is assured. Mahomes and Watson will...
Well I guess picking up his 5th year option for big bucks does not impress you. It is a contract tho.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been open all year. We had no time to throw and he was dropping a lot of balls too boot early in the year. The last 6 games the pass blocking has been much better.
He has 3 drops all season.....

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s no guarantee they are gonna pick it up and pay him 24 mil.

My understanding is they could pick it up and still get out of it. But the details I read were really vague and I'm not a cap guru. Either way...I highly doubt they fully commit that kind of money until after next season, or, at least, far enough into the season that they feel confident one way or another...and with how this season went, that's gonna be a confidence that is gained with a high amount of skepticism going in.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not paying him until he can show that he finally a viable atarter.....
He has two more games this year to get his shit together vs teams that has an up annd coming def in KC and against Minns fierce def......Outlook does not look good.....

Then I believe we sraft a qb to protect ourselves next in case it doesnt work out for QBisky......

Ao why would they pay him more untilhes proven would be beyond me......

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is they could pick it up and still get out of it. But the details I read were really vague and I'm not a cap guru. Either way...I highly doubt they fully commit that kind of money until after next season, or, at least, far enough into the season that they feel confident one way or another...and with how this season went, that's gonna be a confidence that is gained with a high amount of skepticism going in.

Picking up the 5th year does come with escape clauses if things go, or stay, south for Mitch. It's not guaranteed money. So you can pick it up and still find a new guy...kinda like Titans did with picking up Mariota's option and signing Tannehill. Not saying we want a guy like Tannehill. We obviously want better.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK corky well see who is right. spoiler It's me.

Right about what, exactly? Mitch being extended for a 5th year wouldn’t make me wrong...I didn’t say it won’t happen.

You’re wrong because you think Trubisky is some amazing QB despite the results on the field proving otherwise.

You’re a dumb, blind, homer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right about what, exactly? Mitch being extended for a 5th year wouldn’t make me wrong...I didn’t say it won’t happen.

You’re wrong because you think Trubisky is some amazing QB despite the results on the field proving otherwise.

You’re a dumb, blind, homer.
No I think Mitch is slightly better then average and still improving. I think our problems are bad play calling, bad oline, no TE and shit run game. At least take the time to know what you are talking about before attacking.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you explain how Anthony Miller had a bunch of drops, contributing to trubs issues?
Miller has had some key drops for sure but he is only one of many WRs that have had the dropsies. You say he has had 3 all year but I have seen more then that.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I think Mitch is slightly better then average and still improving. I think our problems are bad play calling, bad oline, no TE and shit run game. At least take the time to know what you are talking about before attacking.

Those other problems don’t mean that Mitch isn’t also a problem. Bad oline doesnt excuse Mitch....plenty of good QBs have had awful offensive lines and still played far better than our QB has.

You’re making pathetic excuses. It’s sad. Stop it.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller has had some key drops for sure but he is only one of many WRs that have had the dropsies. You say he has had 3 all year but I have seen more then that.

So you’re saying you know more than the box score?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this another instance, where everyone else who views the game, and documents it, has 3. But somehow, you see things differently.
And advanced metrics , and basic stats.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish I could find the article... but as for like 75% of the "drops" on Mitch's passes that his apologists love to bring up? They were attempts either to the LOS or barely past it. A lot of times they were also on like 3rd and 11 and well short of the line of gain. Not impact plays. Not even close.

Mitch only had something like 3 or 4 passes all season dropped beyond 10 yards. To be honest, the only two costly ones I recall... #1 - 3rd and intermediate backed up at our own 5 vs Detroit at home. Gabriel blatantly dropped a real nice Mitch throw over the middle that would have been 20 yards. #2 - Bears up double digits on Dallas with 3rd down and 4 minutes left. Mitch throws to a wide open Miller for a 1st down on the right sideline. Miller drops it. All in all, it cost the Bears a Dallas garbage time TD and FG. Where they could have probably just ran the clock out.

I feel like there may have been another one past 10 yards vs GB (week 1) or WSH. But I don't remember and that's really it.

Now, to go over the list of missed throws to wide open receivers past 10 yards by Mitch? I don't care if you're a legitimate genius. There's no way anyone could recall that off the top of their heads. Most games have multiple.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could find the article... but as for like 75% of the "drops" on Mitch's passes that his apologists love to bring up? They were attempts either to the LOS or barely past it. A lot of times they were also on like 3rd and 11 and well short of the line of gain. Not impact plays. Not even close.

Mitch only had something like 3 or 4 passes all season dropped beyond 10 yards. To be honest, the only two costly ones I recall... #1 - 3rd and intermediate backed up at our own 5 vs Detroit at home. Gabriel blatantly dropped a real nice Mitch throw over the middle that would have been 20 yards. #2 - Bears up double digits on Dallas with 3rd down and 4 minutes left. Mitch throws to a wide open Miller for a 1st down on the right sideline. Miller drops it. All in all, it cost the Bears a Dallas garbage time TD and FG. Where they could have probably just ran the clock out.

I feel like there may have been another one past 10 yards vs GB (week 1) or WSH. But I don't remember and that's really it.

Now, to go over the list of missed throws to wide open receivers past 10 yards by Mitch? I don't care if you're a legitimate genius. There's no way anyone could recall that off the top of their heads. Most games have multiple.

Great post

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more interesting piece is that the games where has the most bad throws are also the ones where the Bears cannot run the ball and throw a lot of passes.

Most of the games where he has been above average in "bad throws" have been games where he has thrown over 40 passes.

GB1- 45 passes, 17.7%
NO-54 passes, 22%
Phi- 21 passes, 23%
LAR-43 passes, 18.6%
NYG-41 passes, 24.3%
GB 2-53 passes, 26.4%