• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anthony Davis

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he mentioned at all yesterday? I don't remember any calls on him. If so he has come a long way from his rookie season

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he mentioned at all yesterday? I don't remember any calls on him. If so he has come a long way from his rookie season

Davis has been a model of consistency with his improvement - no calls yesterday.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nick Perry is not a major challenge for most RTs in the NFL today. However, AD did have a good game yesterday. When they tried to move Clay Matthews around he held him in check too, but for the most part Clay was lined up against Staley for a great majority of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis has been a model of consistency with his improvement - no calls yesterday.

I thought he didn't get any calls which is great that being in a hostile territory he didn't move early like he has in many other similar games.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he didn't get any calls which is great that being in a hostile territory he didn't move early like he has in many other similar games.

I'd credit whoever came up with that thing where Boone was looking back and tapped Goodwin. I'd assume Davis was watching and waiting for Boone to get set after signalling Goodwin, then from there Davis knew the snap was coming in a second or two.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Perry is not a major challenge for most RTs in the NFL today. However, AD did have a good game yesterday. When they tried to move Clay Matthews around he held him in check too, but for the most part Clay was lined up against Staley for a great majority of the game.

Bingo I agree but the two knocks I had on him was he was a penalty machine and he couldn't handle the speed rush. 1st knock seems to improve tremendously now we need to find out how he handles the speed rush.

Also he has matured a great deal because Boone wasn't beat (to my recollection) and I worried how well they would work together.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clay Matthews wants none of Anthony Davis after our last time playing GB (two years ago). Of course since then A.Davis has improved, especially this year from what I've seen in the preseason and week one. The first offense play of the game, he already had his elbow on top of a defender's throat on the ground.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just happy we didn't hear his name called once. Keep it up AD!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Davis and Bryan Bulaga entered the league the same year. I was and still am a big Bulaga fan and thought that 9ers should have waited to draft him instead of trading up to draft Davis. Yesterday, Davis had a better game than Bulaga. Albeit the opposing defense they played had a big part to do with the outcome on who played better, but still I like what I saw from Davis.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis and Bryan Bulaga entered the league the same year. I was and still am a big Bulaga fan and thought that 9ers should have waited to draft him instead of trading up to draft Davis. Yesterday, Davis had a better game than Bulaga. Albeit the opposing defense they played had a big part to do with the outcome on who played better, but still I like what I saw from Davis.

Yesir! Glad we didn't move him to RG this goes to show you that the phrase in Harbaalke we trust should be trusted by the fans

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt. Considering his age we could be solid at RT for a very long time and when Staley relents at LT, his transition back to his native position could keep us strong there for a while as well.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was just happy we didn't hear his name called once. Keep it up AD!

The guy has only been called for holding twice in his entire career, he had four false starts all of last year, he's been pretty consistent not getting those type of penalties, he just needs to temper it down after the play.

@Bingo
I still think Davis was the right selection. Rodgers escapes a lot of sacks while Alex Smith rolls right into them / holds the ball too long, hence Davis' stats against him being inflated. Bulaga also isn't nearly the mauler Davis is in the run game.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has only been called for holding twice in his entire career, he had four false starts all of last year, he's been pretty consistent not getting those type of penalties

Really? Do you have a link that proves that? Not saying that you are wrong but my perception is way off if that is true. I thought he had a problem with false starts especially away but I could be wrong.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has only been called for holding twice in his entire career, he had four false starts all of last year, he's been pretty consistent not getting those type of penalties, he just needs to temper it down after the play.

@Bingo
I still think Davis was the right selection. Rodgers escapes a lot of sacks while Alex Smith rolls right into them / holds the ball too long, hence Davis' stats against him being inflated. Bulaga also isn't nearly the mauler Davis is in the run game.

I was more concerned about his ability do defend the edge rushers. He has had serious problems with getting beat on the outside.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Bingo

Smith is responsible for more sacks against himself than any other player on the team - Smith intimated as much in a press conference just a few weeks ago stating he needs to take fewer sacks and more risks. Yesterday, he did exactly as he did last year – the opposite.

Davis has much more been the victim of stat sites like PFF that make completely erroneous statements resulting from a terribly inept analyses - albeit innocently inept.

There is not a stat site anywhere on the internet that can accurately disseminate sack responsibility unless they get the information directly from the team statistician; most are not even close and PFF is one of those sites that is not even close.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more concerned about his ability do defend the edge rushers. He has had serious problems with getting beat on the outside.

Davis' biggest problem is giving up protection too soon - but I would say handling the outside speed could use some improvement as well, however, I would not classify this as a "serious" problem.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis' biggest problem is giving up protection too soon - but I would say handling the outside speed could use some improvement as well, however, I would not classify this as a "serious" problem.

It was a serious problem last season. He looked slow and pathetic on several occasions. So far so good, but he will have a bigger challenge next weekend.

I also am curious about his false starts. I thought he had more than 2.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a serious problem last season. He looked slow and pathetic on several occasions. So far so good, but he will have a bigger challenge next weekend.

I also am curious about his false starts. I thought he had more than 2.

Several? Not sure how you are quantifying that but to get beat 4 or 5 times around the edge in 564 drop backs, while not exceptional is hardly indicative of someone deserving of your criticism. Besides, the best pass rushers will always make even the best tackles look ridiculous from time to time.

As for his FS's he had a couple during pre-season along with a illegal formation - but during regular season he has been pretty damn stout.