• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anthony Davis

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe wishes do come true........ :D

San Francisco 49ers: Offensive tackle Anthony Davis is tied for the lead in Pass Blocking Efficiency for tackles at 98.9% after allowing just one hurry in two games. It is a significant improvement after finishing in the bottom half of the league in 2011.

PFF Week 2 observation

encouraging.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the bad rap on Anthony Davis at this point stems from first impression. He was a top draft pick when he entered the league and suffered a lot of growing pains. That first impression somehow stuck and in so doing, amplified anything negative that he does justified or not.

ALSO there were many that didn't want him to succeed because it fulfilled their draft evaluation prophecy.

Edit: ALSO (x2) He's an easy person to hate being because his tweets are immature and he's not shy to open his mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ALSO there were many that didn't want him to succeed because it fulfilled their draft evaluation prophecy.

Edit: ALSO (x2) He's an easy person to hate being because his tweets are immature and he's not shy to open his mouth.

haaa...unfortunately yes.....then the disclaimer....."i hope i'm wrong...."

think what got fans talking at the time was trading up? i liked the pick at the time including the trade up BUT, envisioned him as the future, solid LT. he could still be worth his draft status shortly, we'll see?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haaa...unfortunately yes.....then the disclaimer....."i hope i'm wrong...."

think what got fans talking at the time was trading up? i liked the pick at the time including the trade up BUT, envisioned him as the future, solid LT. he could still be worth his draft status shortly, we'll see?

I'm glad that he's improving, though I was one of the ones that wanted to see him moved to rg this season. I still will never understand why we didn't just draft Bulaga without having to trade up?

Davis is looking like an early front runner for the pro bowl at his position though, just downright nasty.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was skeptical about davis and boone at their current positions. i still think our line would be better if they were switched with davis turning into the best guard in the league. overal our line has been playing well which allows the whole offense to function at a higher lvl.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm glad that he's improving, though I was one of the ones that wanted to see him moved to rg this season. I still will never understand why we didn't just draft Bulaga without having to trade up?

Davis is looking like an early front runner for the pro bowl at his position though, just downright nasty.

yes, no doubt his continued improvement is HUGE.

regarding the trade up, at the time IMO they envisioned a future LT? so IF that was the case, i can understand the trade up, cause if your evaluation projected this, then go get him. he was an LT all thru college right?

if a future LT was NOT the case, then yeah, just stay put and let the picks unfold. don't know if Baluga was the pick, but no reason to trade up for a RT. this considering we were sitting at 13th, not latter half of round 1.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i was skeptical about davis and boone at their current positions. i still think our line would be better if they were switched with davis turning into the best guard in the league. overal our line has been playing well which allows the whole offense to function at a higher lvl.

i was too on Boone, not so much i thought he'd fail, but felt more important to keep the swing tackle 'focused' on OT.

to me it didn't make sense moving Davis inside, cause he has more potential at OT. OT's are hard to come by as is.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was too on Boone, not so much i thought he'd fail, but felt more important to keep the swing tackle 'focused' on OT.

to me it didn't make sense moving Davis inside, cause he has more potential at OT. OT's are hard to come by as is.

ideally i would have liked to see staley at RT and davis at RG. with glenn dropping we could have grabbed him in the 1st. he's been playing excellent for a rookie LT.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
ideally i would have liked to see staley at RT and davis at RG. with glenn dropping we could have grabbed him in the 1st. he's been playing excellent for a rookie LT.

Dude was a steal. I can't believe he fell as far as he did. He must've had a character issue that conscerbed teams or something.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And ideally we'd have Alex Smith sitting on the bench.

Staley is a really good LT. Get the fuck off his back.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And ideally we'd have Alex Smith sitting on the bench.

Staley is a really good LT. Get the fuck off his back.

sure alex smith on the bench would be fine if we had someone like drew brees...

o wait, smith has been outplaying him lately...

staley would be better at RT, there aren't many elite LT's in the league and glenn has played absolutely amazing. buffalo's line is giving up very little qb pressure, if we had glenn and was able to shift guys like i said, smith would have a good 10 steamboats.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude was a steal. I can't believe he fell as far as he did. He must've had a character issue that conscerbed teams or something.

this year offensive linemen just fell. if someone woulda took decastro earlier that would have gotten the ball rolling. konz was my top pick cuss i never expected glenn to last too long in the 20s.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

staley would be better at RT, there aren't many elite LT's in the league and glenn has played absolutely amazing. buffalo's line is giving up very little qb pressure, if we had glenn and was able to shift guys like i said, smith would have a good 10 steamboats.

That's based on all the time Staley has recently spent at RT and Davis at RG?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's based on all the time Staley has recently spent at RT and Davis at RG?

well staley looked better at RT and with the power davis has in run blocking i think he would turn into the best guard in the league.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I'd put Staley at RT if we had someone like Joe Thomas. What's your point?

It seems to me that you hold Alex to lower standards than anyone else, and Staley to higher standards than anyone else. And when anyone criticizes Alex about anything you clinch your ass cheeks and start foaming at the mouth.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well staley looked better at RT and with the power davis has in run blocking i think he would turn into the best guard in the league.

What? You think Staley looked better at RT his rookie season than at any other point that he has played LT for us? Are you fucking kidding me?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's decent at LT, but if possible i'd much rather have him at RT. he looked more natural on the right side.