• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anthony Davis considering retiring again

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The report is that the coaches spent a great deal of time trying to convince him to stick it out and that Davis was 'leaning' towards staying.

I'd understand if he had stated that his heart wasn't into it several weeks ago, but not 2 days before the opener. This guy simply is not reliable, and much like Kaepernick, has practically become untradeable. I'm almost of the opinion that he has some mental disorder. This team was already behind the 8 ball to start the season as little was expected...not a good way to go into a season.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the anti-Favre - staying in until the last minute of the off-season before leaving right before the season starts. In retiring at the beginning of the off-season. One similarity is that players have to convince him to play at the last minute.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The report is that the coaches spent a great deal of time trying to convince him to stick it out and that Davis was 'leaning' towards staying.

I'd understand if he had stated that his heart wasn't into it several weeks ago, but not 2 days before the opener. This guy simply is not reliable, and much like Kaepernick, has practically become untradeable. I'm almost of the opinion that he has some mental disorder. This team was already behind the 8 ball to start the season as little was expected...not a good way to go into a season.

This probably has to do with the fact that he lost his starting job and is being a baby about it. He needs to chill...he will be needed as a starter sooner or later with the way injuries go in this league.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Davis is a head case. Luckily, the team has Tiller ready to go this year.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This probably has to do with the fact that he lost his starting job and is being a baby about it. He needs to chill...he will be needed as a starter sooner or later with the way injuries go in this league.

I thought it was Davis' idea to play guard in the first place?

Davis is a head case. Luckily, the team has Tiller ready to go this year.

Yup, and perhaps the rookie Garnett.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was Davis' idea to play guard in the first place?

Yup, and perhaps the rookie Garnett.

Yeap. Perhaps he doesn't want to make that move after all thinking that he can show other teams that he's still a viable tackle and doesn't want his inexperience in guard to devalue his services. I really really loved AD back when he just played and didn't open his yapper. Seems as if he's been taking pulls off of a little loudmouth punch lately and punched a ticket on the bipolar express.

Garnett is a steam roller. Once he finds his NFL legs I think he will be one of the best OL on the team. That coupled with Brown and Tiller coming into their own I think we will have a pretty nasty front.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeap. Perhaps he doesn't want to make that move after all thinking that he can show other teams that he's still a viable tackle and doesn't want his inexperience in guard to devalue his services. I really really loved AD back when he just played and didn't open his yapper. Seems as if he's been taking pulls off of a little loudmouth punch lately and punched a ticket on the bipolar express.

Garnett is a steam roller. Once he finds his NFL legs I think he will be one of the best OL on the team. That coupled with Brown and Tiller coming into their own I think we will have a pretty nasty front.
If anything it would add to his value, that he can start at Tackle or Guard. I dont understand this guy. I rather be a starter then a bench player. He wont the starting job and he gave it away. WOW. Either way Im ok with it because Tiller is good and we have Depth with Garnett.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yep, if i was him i'd be preparing for LT. He shouldn't have difficulty filling at RT if needed, so he should practice more at LT.

His mind-set should be "I'm the next LT for this team", cause frankly, Staley isn't young. AD could take over LT as soon as next year, who knows?

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, if i was him i'd be preparing for LT. He shouldn't have difficulty filling at RT if needed, so he should practice more at LT.

His mind-set should be "I'm the next LT for this team", cause frankly, Staley isn't young. AD could take over LT as soon as next year, who knows?

All I know is that I love the fact that Kelly wants the best guys on the field...even if it's at the expense of a veterans ego. AD should have known that coming back from a year off of football with young talented guys waiting in the wings. I would say that after week one, we had the right guys on the field.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All I know is that I love the fact that Kelly wants the best guys on the field...even if it's at the expense of a veterans ego. AD should have known that coming back from a year off of football with young talented guys waiting in the wings. I would say that after week one, we had the right guys on the field.

agree, AD only went to RG at the tail end of the off-season. Maybe he CAN be a better RG than Tiller, given more time? But he hasn't gotten in that time yet. So Kelly couldn't play AD at RG with such little experience, more so against Donald.

AD is like 3 or 4 years younger than Staley, he should 'try out' at LT now, practice there now.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...I think that kid needs to seek some professional help in the psychology department...all joking aside.

If he really did suffer a concussion, then he could have a serious issue. I think he suffered two concussions before retiring and now a third concussion without playing a down of real football? That doesn't sound good.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he really did suffer a concussion, then he could have a serious issue. I think he suffered two concussions before retiring and now a third concussion without playing a down of real football? That doesn't sound good.

I think he played 3 or 4 snaps at the end of last game? If he got a concussion there...it could be cause for concern. IMO he's dealing with some sort of mental condition which is unfortunate. I hope he seeks some professional help if this is the case.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MAYBE he doesn't really have a concussion, but this move doesn't hurt anyone's feeling.....again?