• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another "major, major university" wants Mack Brown (Nebraska?)

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck are you talking about? He's one of the top 3 winningest coaches in the BCS era. CFB did not begin in 2010.

So why the fuck are you so ready to get rid of him? Please, If he were that great you wouldn't be on here talking him up.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why the fuck are you so ready to get rid of him? Please, If he were that great you wouldn't be on here talking him up.

Numnuts, it's time for him to retire. To say he can't win at Texas is fucking stupid. He won a NC, played for another one, won 2 conference titles, went 3-1 in BCS bowls and is the top 3 winningest coach in the BCS era. There just comes a time when great coaches need to retire. Mack's record the past 4 years would be celebrated as excellence at Iowa, btw......

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numnuts, it's time for him to retire. To say he can't win at Texas is fucking stupid. He won a NC, played for another one, won 2 conference titles, went 3-1 in BCS bowls and is the top 3 winningest coach in the BCS era. There just comes a time when great coaches need to retire. Mack's record the past 4 years would be celebrated as excellence at Iowa, btw......

don't compare Iowa to Texas...It shouldn't be done. It is unfair.

Again, you guys are Texas. You AREN'T the Iowa's of the world. Of course winning a NC and a couple conference titles at Iowa and others is a great accomplishment..But YOU'RE TEXAS. For the love of God, you guys should be in the title hunt every single year. We should be talking about FSU/Texas match up right now.

You play in the big12, realistically , you got Oklahoma to knock off and that is it.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't compare Iowa to Texas...It shouldn't be done. It is unfair.

Again, you guys are Texas. You AREN'T the Iowa's of the world. Of course winning a NC and a couple conference titles at Iowa and others is a great accomplishment..But YOU'RE TEXAS. For the love of God, you guys should be in the title hunt every single year. We should be talking about FSU/Texas match up right now.

You play in the big12, realistically , you got Oklahoma to knock off and that is it.

Please, OU, Okie jr and Baylor would r*pe the ever living shit out of Oregon tomorrow. Big 12 has had 5 different champs in the last 5 years. There is parity in the Big 12. I'm not comparing our program to Iowa, I just said the last 4 years would be considered excellence at Iowa. It's not easy winning a NC, as a Duck fan you should know this seeing how your trophy case consists of air. Shit happens. Look at USC, Miami, Notre Dame, etc. Winning NC's is fucking tough.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and yet, he is still Bob Stoops bitch, your words, not mine.....still at Nebbish, he'd have to be better than this.....

pelini.jpg

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, OU, Okie jr and Baylor would r*pe the ever living shit out of Oregon tomorrow. Big 12 has had 5 different champs in the last 5 years. There is parity in the Big 12. I'm not comparing our program to Iowa, I just said the last 4 years would be considered excellence at Iowa. It's not easy winning a NC, as a Duck fan you should know this seeing how your trophy case consists of air. Shit happens. Look at USC, Miami, Notre Dame, etc. Winning NC's is fucking tough.

Only because Texas underachieves. You've won 1 NC in the last 43 years. Your texas team has lost 20 games in the past 4 season. You do WAY less with your talent than should EVER be excepted.

One thing you could compare with Iowa is that my team in the last decade has put more 2-3 star recruits into the NFL than your team has put in 4-5 star recruits.

And quit being a dumb-fuck to justify your last 4 years. Texas' record of 5-7, 7-5, 8-4 and 8-4 the last 4 years wouldn't be "excellence"...even at Iowa.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the Mack Brown era where Texas is supposed to win a BCS title every season.

# of BCS National titles
Georgia - 0
Notre Dame - 0
Oregon - 0
Washington - 0
Michigan - 0
Nebraska - 0
Penn State - 0

Quit acting like BCS National Titles are falling off trees.
These are GIANT programs with similar expectations who have failed miserably as well.

Miami (FL) Oklahoma, FSU, USC, and Ohio State have the same 1 title.

Only 2 coaches have more than Mack Brown.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think he's ready to retire. He might not think he is, but he looks it to me every time I see him the past couple of years.

I really don't see him going to Nebraska. Or anywhere else for that matter.

you often get stale if you do the same job for too long and he is in his 16th year at Texas. I agree he's is burnt out at Texas, but a fresh and new challenge/job/experience/environment as head coach of Nebraska would likely be great for him. He went to North Carolina and did the same thing Spurrier did at South Carolina...took a perennial 5-win team to a perennial Top 10 team. Then he went to Texas which, in the 14 seasons before Brown, only had two seasons with 9 or more wins and five seasons ranked in the final Top 25. once Brown took over, Texas had at least 9 wins and was ranked in the final Top 25 for each of the next 12 years straight.

Brown, like Saban, is 62, so he's got at least 5 years left to be the head coach at Nebraska. If Tennessee hadn't just hired a new coach, that would be another great fit for Brown, as he is from Tennessee.

note:

Tom Coughlin is 67, won a Super Bowl at 65

George O'Leary is 67, and has UCF in the Fiesta Bowl

Steve Spurrier is 68 and had South Carolina finish in the Top 10 each of the last two years

Bill Snyder is 74, and won a Big XII Championship and went to BCS Bowl last year

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the Mack Brown era where Texas is supposed to win a BCS title every season.

# of BCS National titles
Georgia - 0
Notre Dame - 0
Oregon - 0
Washington - 0
Michigan - 0
Nebraska - 0
Penn State - 0

These are GIANT programs with similar expectations who have failed miserably as well.

ND, Mich and maybe PSU get close to the same caliber recruit as Texas. They underachieve just like Texas. The other teams on your list COACH their teams with less talent.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

# of BCS National titles
Georgia - 0
Notre Dame - 0
Oregon - 0
Washington - 0
Michigan - 0
Nebraska - 0
Penn State - 0

Shhhh, apparently to Oregon and Iowa fan, two fans of programs that do not have 1 NC at all, winning NC's is the easiest thing in the world.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mack Brown won his only national title with a gifted, fast, athletic, illiterate, retard QB named Vince Young who scored a 6 on the Wonderlic. Hmmm, for some reason Texas seems to allow these types of players on their team currently.

Wonderlic questions

1. Paper sells for 21 cents per pad. What will four pads cost?
2. When rope is selling at $.10 a foot, how many feet can you buy for 60 cents?
3. The ninth month of the year is...

October
January
June
September
May

4. Which number in the following group of numbers represents the smallest amount?

7 .8 31 .33 2

BTW, Vince Young missed all of those.

Texas athletes routinely ranked in the under 50% when measured against Academic Progress. I wonder why?

We all now that Texas loves to brag how great it is at EVERYTHING but Texas never brags about their academic success of their athletes. Why?

When arguably the greatest player in Texas history is allowed to play for four years but cannot read at a fifth grade level, you have to wonder.

Mack Brown and Texas were the first team to go from playing in a national championship game and then the next year to have a losing record. Losing more games at home than they did on the road.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown isn't going to NE. Pelini will be back next year.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dog in the fight but if you're going to call someone ignorant at least use the right your.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown won his only national title with a gifted, fast, athletic, illiterate, retard QB named Vince Young who scored a 6 on the Wonderlic. Hmmm, for some reason Texas seems to allow these types of players on their team currently.

Wonderlic questions

1. Paper sells for 21 cents per pad. What will four pads cost?
2. When rope is selling at $.10 a foot, how many feet can you buy for 60 cents?
3. The ninth month of the year is...

October
January
June
September
May

4. Which number in the following group of numbers represents the smallest amount?

7 .8 31 .33 2

BTW, Vince Young missed all of those.

Texas athletes routinely ranked in the under 50% when measured against Academic Progress. I wonder why?

We all now that Texas loves to brag how great it is at EVERYTHING but Texas never brags about their academic success of their athletes. Why?

When arguably the greatest player in Texas history is allowed to play for four years but cannot read at a fifth grade level, you have to wonder.

Mack Brown and Texas were the first team to go from playing in a national championship game and then the next year to have a losing record. Losing more games at home than they did on the road.

that's precisely why you see the drop in top talent recruits in the B1G. Every B1G school except Nebraska are members of the AAU and have academic standards that won't allow most of the players that current "power schools" have on their rosters.

I will say though that Texas has the highest academic success in the Big 12

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah lol. Seriously not trying to be a dick and I usually could care less about grammar on a message board. But to fuck it up when calling someone else less than bright just makes me cringe.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah lol. Seriously not trying to be a dick and I usually could care less about grammar on a message board. But to fuck it up when calling someone else less than bright just makes me cringe.

actually it's couldn't care less. :suds: