• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another day of nothing: Bogaerts is ready, Clay isn't

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all

Boston is on it's 37th closer

If they miss out on the postseason, their in-ability to close out games would be a good bet as the main reason

Not important at all

I think we all agree on the importance of late inning relievers and closers...

would you be shocked to know the Sox trail the Yankees by about a 10th of a run in ERA from the 7th inning on? True story...

Red Sox have also blown 3 fewer late leads than the O's, and literally NO ONE is ever talking about the O's bullpen problems...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Sale in my book was the MVP going two innings and striking out a couple of the NL stars.

MO's was a charity good bye gift like it or not.

Yeah no shit

Chris Sale went an inning more than Mo

The circumstances gave the edge to Mo, but Sale was MVP by default, did nothing MVP worthy

Like Mo

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

would you be shocked to know the Sox trail the Yankees by about a 10th of a run in ERA from the 7th inning on? True story...

Red Sox have also blown 3 fewer late leads than the O's, and literally NO ONE is ever talking about the O's bullpen problems...

I was...when JJ was b lowing saves night after night...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know how much I care about ASG MVPs?

This much:

hissy_3cb741_803684.gif

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Red Sox offense is the best in baseball. They have made blowing leads very tough, that doesn't mean the Sox back end isn't a problem

And Jim Johnson has been a very shaky closer in spite of the big saves total, I think that's been pointed out

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Michelle Beadle on the radio

I love her

On Heat fans
"See, look, they are good. They won a bunch of ESPYs"
"Oh come on. This is an award from a network that might as well be called Heat/Tebow."

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still waiting for you to explain how Tillman was more deserving than Kuroda.

It was my anti-sabemetric stance that goes back a while

I know Kuroda was more deserving

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Tillman won 11 games. Of course, he deserved the ASG."

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love her

On Heat fans
"Oh come on. This is an award from a network that might as well be called Heat/Tebow."

I fucked her

Lol

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox offense is the best in baseball. They have made blowing leads very tough, that doesn't mean the Sox back end isn't a problem

And Jim Johnson has been a very shaky closer in spite of the big saves total, I think that's been pointed out

Agree with the 1st...I think just about every sox fan has been calling for relief help since Hanrahan went down...so we've acknowledged this...

The 2nd? The point was about perspective...hear every day people talking about how the Sox not having an established closer right now is going to be the downfall of the team...

And NOTHING about the O's with their established closer having a far worse pen.

Uehara has really stabilized things out there for the Sox..I know he blew 2 saves...but in his 6 other attempts? Every other one was a clean 1-2-3 inning....they need to manage him a little, and they definitely need another righty out there (De La Rosa is my bet). But they're not as god awful as you make them out to be....not today...

Last edited by a moderator:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love her

On Heat fans

It's ridiculous. The Heat are at least worth talking about. They are a very good team. But Tebow? He's a very mediocre quarterback.

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the 1st...I think just about every sox fan has been calling for relief help since Hanrahan went down...so we've acknowledged this...

The 2nd? The point was about perspective...hear every day people talking about how the Sox not having an established closer right now is going to be the downfall of the team...

Uehara has really stabilized things out there for the Sox..I know he blew 2 saves...but in his 6 other attempts? Everyone other one was a clean 1-2-3 inning....they need to manage him a little, and they definitely need another righty out there (De La Rosa is my bet). But they're not as god awful as you make them out to be....not today...

Orioles vbullpen hasn't been worse that the sox's

and o's pen has blown...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uehara has really stabilized things out there for the Sox..I know he blew 2 saves...but in his 6 other attempts? Everyone other one was a clean 1-2-3 inning....they need to manage him a little, and they definitely need another righty out there (De La Rosa is my bet). But they're not as god awful as you make them out to be....not today...

Totally agree. Uehera has been very good

My only point was about Cereal minimizing the importance of the pen

I think we would probably agree, and it's not a prediction, if the Sox fall short, the pen will more than likely be the biggest culprit. Unless Bucholz never returns, than we could look at the rotation