• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another 5 Years or More Miami

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're out of your mind. Herbert can consistently make every conceivable throw on the field, the same cannot be said for Tua. Herbert has been stuck with awful coaching the laat few seasons, yet you can still see that he has the tools to be a long-term franchise qb for LA. Tua has one of the so-called best offensive minds in the game working with him and he's a total front-runner.

I think Miami would take Herbert in a heartbeat over Tua

we also have to worry about Tua and concussions.

I could see him out of the league in 5 years just as likely win a super bowl.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never minded the cold weather - ok, when the temp gets below zero, that tends to be annoying. But it was always the snow and icy roads that made living in such a climate a pain in the ass.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His cap hits are $36mil and $32mil a year? Yeah, he gone.

The good thing about totally blowing a year is that the Chargers should be in a spot to draft replacements.
Yeah, I was thinking more about the cap hits and how much they can save by dumping him. Bosa, Mack, Allen and Williams all well north of 30 mil next year and dead cap in the the low to mid teens. I can see maybe 3 of the 4 gone next year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was thinking more about the cap hits and how much they can save by dumping him. Bosa, Mack, Allen and Williams all well north of 30 mil next year and dead cap in the the low to mid teens. I can see maybe 3 of the 4 gone next year.
The thing about the Chargers is that because they bottomed out, imo bringing back Mack or Allen doesnt make any sense because they're too old. Williams is only a year and a half younger than Allen. They might be forced to overpay him by the $5 mil or so just to even have a functioning offense.

Mebert mentioned their oline needs work but that might be the best unit on the team. Chargers have a 2 year rebuild ahead of them.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s harsh to label Tua a bust just because he didn’t play well last night. They were on the road in a tough environment in freezing weather against the defending Super Bowl champions. I like Tua fine, his health is a concern but he’s a decent QB, and they’ve been to the playoffs 2 years in a row, he’s certainly not a bust.
As I said last night, the Fins choke job against the Titans was an absolute killer, because they would be division champs if they had won that one, and would’ve played at home where they are a much better team. Tua was pretty much outstanding at home this year. Plus, the Fins D was decimated by injuries, they were without several key players. And they started a bunch of different combinations of guys on their O-Line this year, which makes it even more impressive that they had such a potent offense, they need to solidify their O-Line.
This thread reeks of being an overreaction to a bad finish to the season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s harsh to label Tua a bust just because he didn’t play well last night. They were on the road in a tough environment in freezing weather against the defending Super Bowl champions. I like Tua fine, his health is a concern but he’s a decent QB, and they’ve been to the playoffs 2 years in a row, he’s certainly not a bust.
As I said last night, the Fins choke job against the Titans was an absolute killer, because they would be division champs if they had won that one, and would’ve played at home where they are a much better team. Tua was pretty much outstanding at home this year. Plus, the Fins D was decimated by injuries, they were without several key players. And they started a bunch of different combinations of guys on their O-Line this year, which makes it even more impressive that they had such a potent offense, they need to solidify their O-Line.
This thread reeks of being an overreaction to a bad finish to the season.
I dont think he is a bust but he is probably about the 11th best QB in the league with probably close to the 11th best head coach. I think if healthy Miami probably had a top 5 roster but the one they were fielding was probably closer to 15th because of injuries.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully in step with you. I do think Herbert is a great talent, but the Chargers could never get over the hump this year.

I don't think they are near as talented as many think. Allen and Williams are nice WRs but they aren't game-breaking talent. Herbert has to constantly throw into tight windows.

The shot to start here was unnecessary and a carryover from the Politics threads. Be a better poster than that.

Next I love Herbert too, I have seen him make some incredible throws. But this year he was missing more often and I'm not as big on him, I sure don't think he is light years ahead of Tua. And I'm hardly the only poster to feel this way seeing as he is being compared to Kirk Cousins.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shot to start here was unnecessary and a carryover from the Politics threads. Be a better poster than that.

Next I love Herbert too, I have seen him make some incredible throws. But this year he was missing more often and I'm not as big on him, I sure don't think he is light years ahead of Tua. And I'm hardly the only poster to feel this way seeing as he is being compared to Kirk Cousins.
I am big on Herbert as well. I actually thought he could become the next Dan Marino, if the right scenario, but if he continues to be coached & game planned by nitwits eventually that will affect his game play even after he gets a good HC/OC. So lets hope he gets a decent one before he is mentally affected permanently.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think in regards to arm talent and the ability to make any throw, Herbert is far superior to Tua but I also don't think that necessarily means he is or will be the better QB. The Cousins thing is interesting in that Herbert has yet to take his team to that next level. And like Cousins and others, part of that may be on him. As with all these young guys, we need to wait and see how it all plays out. Hell, Stafford did nothing but put up stats until he went to L.A. A SB ring later and the narrative has changed dramatically on him.

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed to me that the Chiefs watched tape of the Dolphins offense and saw them run the same couple plays over and over again then planned to stop them. And Miami kept calling those same plays that weren’t working all game instead of idk anything else. Felt like just a horrible game plan by the Dolphins added to freezing weather than dudes who play in Miami ain’t used to.