• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrus Peat

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really hoping that he enters the NFL draft I want him

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Moses going to even be ready? He has that Lisfranc foot injury, yeah maybe he can shift to Guard when he's ready

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Moses going to even be ready? He has that Lisfranc foot injury, yeah maybe he can shift to Guard when he's ready

That's a very good question. Those injuries take upward of 12-14 months to heal. He will have no offseason to work on improving his technique. Not sure we can count on him for 2015. We need another tackle anyway. Trent will be in the last year of his contract. Who knows what is going to happen to him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there appears to be about 4-5 good OT prospects

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there appears to be about 4-5 good OT prospects

With a top ten pick (likely top five actually) You better be able to draft some one who is more than simply GOOD.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a top ten pick (likely top five actually) You better be able to draft some one who is more than simply GOOD.

hair split much ? geez we dont know how these guys will shake out for quite some time now so good is appropriate for now

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hair split much ? geez we dont know how these guys will shake out for quite some time now so good is appropriate for now

Sorry bro, but with top ten or better draft position.... the expectation is usually some where just shy of elite.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry bro, but with top ten or better draft position.... the expectation is usually some where just shy of elite.

if we stay there but geez have you researched a draft pick yet ? i said good for now until the process has played out

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we draft in the top 5, that pick should ultimately result in a perennial PB player (if we have done our homework). The question is are we better off with a top 5 pick and an elite player or trading back and getting a later 1st and a 2nd which results in 2 very good players, but maybe not elite?

I'm of the mind right now that we have so many holes to fill that we need to go with as many good players as we can get, forgoing the one elite player.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we stay there but geez have you researched a draft pick yet ? i said good for now until the process has played out

Really?? You are going to debate the logic that IF we pick a player in the top ten, irrespective of position, that player should not be expected to be boarder line elite at his position??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?? You are going to debate the logic that IF we pick a player in the top ten, irrespective of position, that player should not be expected to be boarder line elite at his position??

why do we waste time on stupidity ?

i said there are 4-5 good prospects at OT i didnt mention when we would draft them , i didnt mention shit other then there are 4-5 good prospects in the draft

we should pick an elite player there but all i damn said was there are 4-5 good OT's prospects

its early in the damn process

stop hair splitting or maybe hair splitting isnt the right word , stop reading shit into something that isnt there

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do we waste time on stupidity ?

i said there are 4-5 good prospects at OT i didnt mention when we would draft them , i didnt mention shit other then there are 4-5 good prospects in the draft

we should pick an elite player there but all i damn said was there are 4-5 good OT's prospects

its early in the damn process

stop hair splitting or maybe hair splitting isnt the right word , stop reading shit into something that isnt there

Skinsdad.. .the assumption has been that our first pick should go towards O-line. You of all people have been shouting to the rafters to any one who will listen that we have GOT to improve the o-line.

Now as it stands right now we have a top five pick. You can not assume we will trade out of the pick. Also many assumed Moses was a GOOD OT prospect. So as i said dude, if we make the pick from where we currently sit, or even a few spots down but still in the top ten, the logic has got to be the player better be hella more than just good.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think right now we are going to be in a tough position until the so called experts and combine gives us more info.
Some of these top guys at the OT position have injury history and some currently are not being graded as high as we thought.
However, there appear to be several borderline 1st round OTs.
Then you have Landon Collins, who I'm not sold on, but could be an option. Is he better than the kind from Louisville that plays for the Jets?
Could we improve the team if we traded out and possibly landed a 1st and 2nd or 1st and 3rd for our 1st?
...Whats a 6th overall going for nowadays?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad.. .the assumption has been that our first pick should go towards O-line. You of all people have been shouting to the rafters to any one who will listen that we have GOT to improve the o-line.

Now as it stands right now we have a top five pick. You can not assume we will trade out of the pick. Also many assumed Moses was a GOOD OT prospect. So as i said dude, if we make the pick from where we currently sit, or even a few spots down but still in the top ten, the logic has got to be the player better be hella more than just good.

that doesnt mean i have my myself dug in for an o/lineman with that 1st pick . if there isnt value there then simply pass and move on to the next need

my draft philosophy should be known to you by now but in case you forgot here it is

make a list of needs

draft the BPA at a position of need , if there isnt value at the spot for that need move on to the next one and so on

if you still cant get value you have 2 choices , draft the BPA or work out a trade

if safety is the best value then i take safety if OG is the best value on the board i take that if de or dt is the best value i take that

if we cant find value trying to fill a need then take The BPA

and what does assuming do shark ?

what due marines say about assuming ?

stop assuming i am hell or high water wanting an OT at all costs . jansen was a 2nd round pick and if we came away with a guy like that in round 2 or 3 i am fine with that (or later)

all i said was there were 4-5 good prospects at OT period

you assumed the rest

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... Marines work off the information at hand and the only assumption we tend to make is that no matter how well planned something is, its bound to screw up at some point. So what we know is, we have a top ten pick. We know that you, the pope and every person with any idea of what NFL stands for screams the Skins need O-line. So while I dont assume we will take a lineman in the top ten no matter what, its LOGICAL to expect that if we do take an o-lineman (or any other position) with our first pick, and its in the top 10-15 picks, he had better be more than just good.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... Marines work off the information at hand and the only assumption we tend to make is that no matter how well planned something is, its bound to screw up at some point. So what we know is, we have a top ten pick. We know that you, the pope and every person with any idea of what NFL stands for screams the Skins need O-line. So while I dont assume we will take a lineman in the top ten no matter what, its LOGICAL to expect that if we do take an o-lineman (or any other position) with our first pick, and its in the top 10-15 picks, he had better be more than just good.

that all could be true but again all i said is there are 4-5 good OTs .

if you added any more then that simple statement then you were wrong and i have corrected you on what i meant

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Top 5 pick not resulting in at the very least an above average player is inexcusable. Not getting a perennial starter there is inexcusable. This franchise has done pretty well in the 1st round over the last number of years (minus the QBs).

Now... Where they have always crapped the bed are in the high-mid round picks. Rounds 2-4. These guys make up the core of a good team. Wash. has gotten a few good zones here and there.. but way too many misses in key spots and guys that might take a decade to develop (if ever)

Last edited by a moderator: