• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Luck just an average QB

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think another way to look at it is will Brees or Big Ben make the HOF? Elite QB's make the HOF imo... I don't think either one makes it but Big Ben could have a shot due to his SB appearances/wins...

I actually think both Big Ben and Brees will make the HOF one day... most likely 7-8 QBs playing right now will make the the HOF.

Manning and Brady are locks
Rodgers if continues like he has played for few more years a lock

Next 2 I consider with best chances are Big Ben and Brees (have the championship, stats and longevity)

After that 3 more to choose from a long list (in no order).... Romo, Rivers, Newton, Wilson, Flacco, Luck, E. Manning

Championships help the cause... especially when stats are similar. E. Manning has 2 championships, still hard for me to put him with Big Ben and Brees however.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that 3 more to choose from a long list (in no order).... Romo, Rivers, Newton, Wilson, Flacco, Luck, E. Manning

Manning and Romo are, for the moment, the only 2 possible choices here. The others are either too young or too inconsistent.

SteelerKing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think both Big Ben and Brees will make the HOF one day... most likely 7-8 QBs playing right now will make the the HOF.

Manning and Brady are locks
Rodgers if continues like he has played for few more years a lock

Next 2 I consider with best chances are Big Ben and Brees (have the championship, stats and longevity)

Championships help the cause... especially when stats are similar. E. Manning has 2 championships, still hard for me to put him with Big Ben and Brees however.

Eli doesn't deserve the Hall with his career numbers, which include leading the league in interceptions three times and a career completion percentage under 60% (which is terrible in today's NFL), but he might get in because of the name on the back of his jersey and the two Super Bowl wins with SB MVPs. Putting him in ahead of Ken Stabler would be a crime though. Joe Flacco, likewise, doesn't belong in Canton. Romo has the numbers thus far, but lacks the hardware; Rivers is in a similar boat; Wilson has a shot if he maintains his career averages and gets another Super Bowl or two (something I think he's capable of); and I've already spoken my mind on Luck on the previous page. He has a long ways to go to be deserving of Hall of Fame type recognition.

The name I don't get on that list that I've also seen tossed around in MVP discussions is Cam Newton. I don't watch Panthers games unless they're playing in prime time or against my Steelers, so what has he done to garner MVP consideration? A 6-0 record (which is a team accomplishment)? His numbers are terrible. 26th in passing yards, 30th in completion percentage, 28th in passer rating, and 8th in interceptions. That doesn't add up to a MVP caliber season to me, even if the Panthers go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl. My thoughts on him being a Hall of Famer follow a similar line of logic. The numbers just aren't there.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning and Romo are, for the moment, the only 2 possible choices here. The others are either too young or too inconsistent.

I can't see Romo even getting consideration unless he wins a Super Bowl. His teams haven't done well in the win category compared to any of the others listed. Stats wise he lines up with some of the top guys but just his teams haven't found a way to win consistently.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Romo even getting consideration unless he wins a Super Bowl. His teams haven't done well in the win category compared to any of the others listed. Stats wise he lines up with some of the top guys but just his teams haven't found a way to win consistently.

I generally agree. I doubt he does but one Super Bowl run could get him there.