• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Luck just an average QB

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even being a homer in your sense. Watching the Steelers without Ben is like watching the Browns. Anybody with eyes can see that Ben makes that team.

IMO, it mainly has to do with just how awful his backups are imo...

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite QB's imo, is a player that performs at the highest level each and every season... Brees and Big Ben have not done that like Manning, Brady, Rodgers have...

Yeah, Luck is struggling... Would I label him "elite"? Helk no but he's definitely better than "mediocre"... He's just struggling...

When has Drew Brees and Big Ben not played amazing over the past say 6 years or so? Seems to me that they play a the highest level too.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe Luck does have the skill set to be great but this elite crap that many of you posters worry about is garbage. Why does everyone have to be elite or not elite? The Colts are a mess from top to bottom and it just isn't all on Luck. When you have a drunk owner and GM that has no clue and a coach that has a RB that is averaging over 4 yards per carry but doesn't use him that is a huge problem. Great call on special teams versus the Patriots in which Luck looked pretty good and the Colts had a chance to win that game. Trent Cole on defense has been pretty quiet as well. It's more then just Luck that is the problem.

Being elite wins championships? Just a thought...And all this is just coming out now. Before the season, many people had the Colts as a Super Bowl contender and weren't even worried about inside issues. Luck might have a "skill set," but so does plenty other QBs. Having a skill set doesn't really mean anything.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When has Drew Brees and Big Ben not played amazing over the past say 6 years or so? Seems to me that they play a the highest level too.

For example with Rodgers, he has only thrown double-digit (11, 13) interceptions his entire career... That to me is elite... He's done that while throwing for a high amount of TD's every season for the last 8 years... I don't see that from Brees or Big Ben... Brees has thrown double-digit INT's in ever single one of his seasons except for the time in San Diego... By all means, thats not the overall measuring stick but it's a start...

I think another way to look at it is will Brees or Big Ben make the HOF? Elite QB's make the HOF imo... I don't think either one makes it but Big Ben could have a shot due to his SB appearances/wins...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo may not be elite, but he is just under it.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For example with Rodgers, he has only thrown double-digit (11, 13) interceptions his entire career... That to me is elite... He's done that while throwing for a high amount of TD's every season for the last 8 years... I don't see that from Brees or Big Ben... Brees has thrown double-digit INT's in ever single one of his seasons except for the time in San Diego... By all means, thats not the overall measuring stick but it's a start...

I think another way to look at it is will Brees or Big Ben make the HOF? Elite QB's make the HOF imo... I don't think either one makes it but Big Ben could have a shot due to his SB appearances/wins...

Drew Brees and Big Ben are both easily HOFers. No questions asked.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Brees and Ben will get in eventually. Brees is the only player with 3 seasons over 5k plus the record for consecutive games with a Td plus a SB plus high completion pct in his career.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being elite wins championships? Just a thought...And all this is just coming out now. Before the season, many people had the Colts as a Super Bowl contender and weren't even worried about inside issues. Luck might have a "skill set," but so does plenty other QBs. Having a skill set doesn't really mean anything.

Trent Dilfer is elite over Dan Marino and Warren Moon then by your logic. Is Joe Flacco elite? Is Brad Johnson elite? Try again. Who are many that picked the Colts? If there were many and you actually waste your time reading that garbage. I don't can't what the media says or what others on television or the radio say. It's all about ratings for them and simple minds listens to garbage like that. I'm not brainwashed in believing that you need an elite QB to win games. I'm not as simple minded as many of you are and your fantasy football, pro bowl, MVP garbage and stats in you all live and die with. Teams win and lose games not just QB's. NFL franchises that are solid from top to bottom win Championships. It's a pretty simple concept but very true. Sooner or later some of you will possibly understand. Have a great night. Peace out.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just responding to the hoards of people who have called him elite his whole career. If he is indeed elite I think Rodgers is an appropriate measuring stick. If Rodgers is at the top of the universe statistically then elite QBs should at least be in his stratosphere. Luck isn't even close
Do you even take a breath when you're hob knobbing Rogers? Or do you breath out your ears?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Dilfer is elite over Dan Marino and Warren Moon then by your logic. Is Joe Flacco elite? Is Brad Johnson elite? Try again. Who are many that picked the Colts? If there were many and you actually waste your time reading that garbage. I don't can't what the media says or what others on television or the radio say. It's all about ratings for them and simple minds listens to garbage like that. I'm not brainwashed in believing that you need an elite QB to win games. I'm not as simple minded as many of you are and your fantasy football, pro bowl, MVP garbage and stats in you all live and die with. Teams win and lose games not just QB's. NFL franchises that are solid from top to bottom win Championships. It's a pretty simple concept but very true. Sooner or later some of you will possibly understand. Have a great night. Peace out.

Nice job putting words in my mouth. I do not believe any of that by any means. And if you were here, there were plenty of posters calling for the Colts to be a contender. I agree with you that teams win games and not just QB's. I agree with most of what you say.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I agree with you and you call it bullshit? I don't get it...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much coffee?????

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know c-ships tell the story but not the entire story... Marino, Fouts, Moon, Kelly were all great QB's... Someone going to prefer Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Jim McMahan, Mark Rypien over any of those 4? All of them won a SB... My guess is probably not...

Adam Morrison has 2 rings w/ the Laker... You going to take him over Charles Barkley & Karl Malone?

I just don't believe in taking the final stance on a player because he actually has a ring...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must not be able to read or don't listen to garbage on television because I haven't hear anything about Luck being a HOFer or elite by anyone. It's still early in his career so I'll hold judgement on Luck but I know many teams out there that wouldn't mind Luck on there team.

Um....

League insiders rank 32 starting quarterbacks into tiers - NFL

3. Andrew Luck | Indianapolis Colts
Average rating: 1.14 | Change in rating: +23.8%

2014 Rank: 5

Luck went from a disputed Tier 1 QB one year ago to a resounding choice after again carrying a weak roster to the postseason.

"Luck didn't get a 1 from everybody?" a GM asked. He was incredulous. "You want to talk about a guy who makes the team? He is Michael Jordan. Their defense sucks. Every game, he has to outscore everybody. He is the epitome of a 1. If I was to draft tomorrow any player in the NFL, it would be Andrew Luck one, Aaron Rodgers two."

The five voters who placed Luck in the second tier cited a few reasons. Some thought Luck needed to do a better job protecting the football. Others pointed to Luck's underwhelming resume in the postseason. Luck also benefits from playing in a weak division. (One defensive coordinator's response: "Those five guys didn't play against him.")

"It is almost like we are giving him the benefit of the doubt just in terms of numbers, but he has won games," another GM said. "Yes, he is in an easy division, but he won, even as a rookie. They would not win without him."

Some quarterbacks with winning records benefit from top-flight defenses and/or strong running games. Luck has won even with the Colts being especially weak in those complementary phases.

"I don't know who didn't give Luck a 1, but he is better than all of them," a head coach said. "He is as smart as Peyton, he is as accurate as Brady, he is tougher than Ben and he is as athletic as RG III."

Even those who thought Luck deserved a second-tier vote at this point felt as though he would ascend into the top tier before long.

"Luck is one of the great pressure performers in our league," a personnel director said. "He might have spells where accuracy is not great, but when the chips are on the line, he performs. For a young quarterback to survive some of the hits he has taken behind that line, not everyone would have done that. He is strong. He has an even head, which you have to have to be special at that position. I'd be surprised if soon we're not talking about him in same breath we talk about Aaron."

or....

Around The NFL's MVP predictions - NFL.com

4 out of 6 guys predicted Luck to win MVP.

or...

ESPN NFL commentators' 2015 Super Bowl, MVP predictions - NFL

Luck was the overwhelming choice.

If you haven't heard talk of him being elite then you weren't listening.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sucked for Luck. Now they suck with Luck. Put Hasselbeck back in the game.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job putting words in my mouth. I do not believe any of that by any means. And if you were here, there were plenty of posters calling for the Colts to be a contender. I agree with you that teams win games and not just QB's. I agree with most of what you say.
Um....

League insiders rank 32 starting quarterbacks into tiers - NFL

or....

Around The NFL's MVP predictions - NFL.com

4 out of 6 guys predicted Luck to win MVP.

or...

ESPN NFL commentators' 2015 Super Bowl, MVP predictions - NFL

Luck was the overwhelming choice.

If you haven't heard talk of him being elite then you weren't listening.

Well the fact you read or listen to anything that's from ESPN shows how ignorant and brainwashed you are. I don't listen to that garbage because I make my own judgements. I only watch ESPN for games nothing else. I'm not like most of you sheep. Simple minds believe anything ESPN says. Pretty pathetic.:L

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the fact you read or listen to anything that's from ESPN shows how ignorant and brainwashed you are. I don't listen to that garbage because I make my own judgements. I only watch ESPN for games nothing else. I'm not like most of you sheep. Simple minds believe anything ESPN says. Pretty pathetic.:L

Oh you are one of those all knowing types that doesn't rely on the media to inform you in any way. Gotcha. I'm sure you watch the All 22s of every game.

I do find it amusing that you shift from "Who is saying that Luck is elite?" to "Well no one cares what ESPN thinks" in the blink of an eye.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you all know that the Colts are garbage?