• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And The Woods Knob Gobbling Begins.......

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. What's crazy is what happens post impact. If you watch the pros club face it will remain square to the target well after impact. I have a +.03 handicap and compress the ball quite well, and I still struggle with not allowing the toe of the club to flip over right after impact. It's crazy how much compression tour players create keeping the club head stabilized post impact without flipping their hands.
The bane of my golf game but I can't stop doing it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you get to go sometime. It truly is amazing and I'm not easily amazed. I think the best day of all was the Wednesday practice round where you are free to walk around everywhere and they have the par three contest as well.

I've been twice (Mark O'meara and Zach Johnson)...once for a Wed practice round and the second time we had badges went on Friday...rainy and cold that time. We didn't bother to go back for the weekend.

Because I wasn't sure I'd ever get back there, we walked all 18 holes the 1st time...hung out at 16 for about 4 groups to come thru and finished up following Stewart Cink in. As many have said before me, TV just doesn't do it justice. The elevation change is unreal, nothing out of place.

I've been to the Masters, PGA, USO (tennis), NBA finals, World Series, TOUR Championship, NFL games, numerous PGAT events. The concessions and merchandise at the Masters is unlike any other major event I've been to....the stuff is already marked up 200% to begin with, most events jack it up even more...at Augusta, they don't.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been twice (Mark O'meara and Zach Johnson)...once for a Wed practice round and the second time we had badges went on Friday...rainy and cold that time. We didn't bother to go back for the weekend.

Because I wasn't sure I'd ever get back there, we walked all 18 holes the 1st time...hung out at 16 for about 4 groups to come thru and finished up following Stewart Cink in. As many have said before me, TV just doesn't do it justice. The elevation change is unreal, nothing out of place.

I've been to the Masters, PGA, USO (tennis), NBA finals, World Series, TOUR Championship, NFL games, numerous PGAT events. The concessions and merchandise at the Masters is unlike any other major event I've been to....the stuff is already marked up 200% to begin with, most events jack it up even more...at Augusta, they don't.
Nice. My favorite day was Wednesday watching the players skip the ball over the pond on 16 and the par 3 contest

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with the tournament on the line. You get your par at 12 and then you have two eagle-able holes and an easy birdie coming up at 13, 15 and 16. That's the way you play it. Have you ever seen disaster at 12 other than when the pin was on the right? Speith, all the clowns yesterday, nearly Fred Couples except for a miracle. No; you hit it in the middle and walk away with maximum of bogey

USE A 9 IRON INSTEAD OF A WEDGE then…the right side of 12 has grass on the backside of the green, not saying that where one wants to be, but its gettable green where the miss needs to long and not short.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with the tournament on the line. You get your par at 12 and then you have two eagle-able holes and an easy birdie coming up at 13, 15 and 16. That's the way you play it. Have you ever seen disaster at 12 other than when the pin was on the right? Speith, all the clowns yesterday, nearly Fred Couples except for a miracle. No; you hit it in the middle and walk away with maximum of bogey

we can armchair qb this forever but until we find ourselves in the same predicament with a tournament on the line we truly won't know how we will react.. Also, with pressure comes tension throughout your body (yes even pros) and we all know in golf if you are the slightest bit off disaster isn't too far off, regardless if you hit the right club or not. Things happen and things also get thrown out the window sometimes in pressure situations. Molinari had it rear it's ugly head at exactly the wrong time

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USE A 9 IRON INSTEAD OF A WEDGE then…the right side of 12 has grass on the backside of the green, not saying that where one wants to be, but its gettable green where the miss needs to long and not short.
I was thinking the same thing but any kind of push or slice pushed by the wind puts it in the water. I prefer the play Baldy went for; the middle of the green over the bunker.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can armchair qb this forever but until we find ourselves in the same predicament with a tournament on the line we truly won't know how we will react.. Also, with pressure comes tension throughout your body (yes even pros) and we all know in golf if you are the slightest bit off disaster isn't too far off, regardless if you hit the right club or not. Things happen and things also get thrown out the window sometimes in pressure situations. Molinari had it rear it's ugly head at exactly the wrong time
Exactly why you make the decision Woods did and not the ones the pretenders made. With Baldy's play there is no way the ball can go in the water because of the bunker.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly why you make the decision Woods did and not the ones the pretenders made. With Baldy's play there is no way the ball can go in the water because of the bunker.

I agree with you. However, even the pro's screw up

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. However, even the pro's screw up
Yes. Physical mistakes happen and are expected. It’s the mental errors like Molinari and koepka displayed on #12 that are the killers in my opinion

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget Tiger's nervy weak first putt on 12. He left himself an 8 footer that he could easily have missed. Just sayin' that in some circumstances, you feel the time is right to pull the trigger.

I'm with redseat....I feel no need to armchair QB these guys.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget Tiger's nervy weak first putt on 12. He left himself an 8 footer that he could easily have missed. Just sayin' that in some circumstances, you feel the time is right to pull the trigger.

I'm with redseat....I feel no need to armchair QB these guys.

Absolutely. Unless there are tour players on this bd it is kind of laughable to see folks state how these guys should be playing. Kind of reminds me how you see all of this criticism from the booth & studio from all of these failed ex-NFL coaches who made numerous mistakes when they were in the NFL. Ditto for Chamblee from the Golf Channel who criticizes everyone yet did next to nothing when he was a pro golfer.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. Unless there are tour players on this bd it is kind of laughable to see folks state how these guys should be playing. Kind of reminds me how you see all of this criticism from the booth & studio from all of these failed ex-NFL coaches who made numerous mistakes when they were in the NFL. Ditto for Chamblee from the Golf Channel who criticizes everyone yet did next to nothing when he was a pro golfer.

...and if one of those who dropped it in the drink had stuck the pin, birdied and went on to win, their bold move would be hailed.

Never is hindsight clearer than in golf!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course it's "gettable"... it's only 150 yards. But gettable and being the proper approach are 2 different things as Koepka & Molinari can now attest. Aiming right of the trap is never the smart play on 12.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you feel that way about Trump?
I will say this about Mr. Trump. Under his leadership he has not only made America Great Again, he has even made Tiger Woods Great Again. Look what happened to Baldy under President Obama. He was drunk driving, beating his wife and couldn't even complete a round of golf but under Trump he wins the Masters.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this about Mr. Trump. Under his leadership he has not only made America Great Again, he has even made Tiger Woods Great Again. Look what happened to Baldy under President Obama. He was drunk driving, beating beaten by his wife and couldn't even complete a round of golf but under Trump he wins the Masters.

Fixed.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
160 yds last sunday…you want to win a major then put on your big boy pants and go pin hunting or GTFO!

Not on 12 when the pin is on the right, you don't... not if you're smart. There are exceptions to this, but none that applied to Koepka, Molinari or Poulter at the time they drowned theirs ... like being down by several strokes on Sunday.