• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And now Zeke is playing again.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What evidence?
Other than Roger, has anyone who has reviewed this case thought Zeke should be suspended? Even the courts that overturn rulings in his favor say they are doing it only because of the power of his office

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The court is not going to evaluate the merits of his suspension or whether there was sufficient evidence to suspend him. The question is whether the process was fair to Elliott.
only evidence I'm aware of is the police didn't want to pursue this and the NFL's lead investigater, who happened to be female, was the only person on the investigating committee who bothered to interview the crazy bitch said Elliott should NOT be suspended cause the crazy bitch was not trustworthy.

perhaps if he was an eagle, you'd see the point.....take your shit down the hall

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only evidence I'm aware of is the police didn't want to pursue this and the NFL's lead investigater, who happened to be female, was the only person on the investigating committee who bothered to interview the crazy bitch said Elliott should NOT be suspended cause the crazy bitch was not trustworthy.

perhaps if he was an eagle, you'd see the point.....take your shit down the hall

Why are you always so angry. The poster didn't criticize Zeke or the Cowboys. He was 100 percent correct. They aren't dealing with the facts of the legalities of a supposed crime. They are reviewing whether or not the NFL has the right to suspend him. What did he say to piss you off and get you cursing? Lighten up a little.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What evidence?

There isn't any... Goodell is a dictator.

We've been down this rabbit hole. There is some evidence. Obviously, Cowboys fans don't think it's sufficient to suspend the guy for 6 games and, to be honest, you guys are probably right. But the NFL is the one that gets to decide what is sufficient to suspend him 6 games. And the courts aren't going to weigh the evidence against Elliott in relation to the domestic violence allegations / other incidents. They're going to determine whether the process was fair to Elliott. If it was, the NFL should win.

This is just my opinion but after reading his arguments, I don't think he's got a very strong case against the NFL. The circumstances are a bit unfair to him, especially given how inconsistently the NFL has applied the domestic violence policy. Overall, though, the process and procedures utilized by the NFL seem to have been fair. I suppose we'll see what the court decides sometime soon.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been down this rabbit hole. There is some evidence. Obviously, Cowboys fans don't think it's sufficient to suspend the guy for 6 games and, to be honest, you guys are probably right. But the NFL is the one that gets to decide what is sufficient to suspend him 6 games. And the courts aren't going to weigh the evidence against Elliott in relation to the domestic violence allegations / other incidents. They're going to determine whether the process was fair to Elliott. If it was, the NFL should win.

This is just my opinion but after reading his arguments, I don't think he's got a very strong case against the NFL. The circumstances are a bit unfair to him, especially given how inconsistently the NFL has applied the domestic violence policy. Overall, though, the process and procedures utilized by the NFL seem to have been fair. I suppose we'll see what the court decides sometime soon.
The only person in the NFL office to interview his accuser recommended no suspension. I bet if she said a year suspension was in order Roger would have listened to her. If you're not going to listen to your lead investigator, and you won't interview her yourself, why was she even interviewed in the first place

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only person in the NFL office to interview his accuser recommended no suspension. I bet if she said a year suspension was in order Roger would have listened to her. If you're not going to listen to your lead investigator, and you won't interview her yourself, why was she even interviewed in the first place

Not sure -- but her job isn't to determine the length of the suspension so, although that fact looks good for Elliott, I'm not sure how much legal relevance her recommendation has.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The appeal isn't about the facts or the evidence so it means nothing as far as whether or not Zeke is innocent and it means nothing as far as whether or not he will win his appeal. Goodell is an idiot, but the CBA is what makes him the favorite to come out ahead when this thing is finally settled. It doesn't mean it was fair and it doesn't mean it proved Zeke guilty of anything. It only proves Goodell can kind of do whatever he wants right now. But, I think Zeke gets his stay and this last a few months longer

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure -- but her job isn't to determine the length of the suspension so, although that fact looks good for Elliott, I'm not sure how much legal relevance her recommendation has.
That's BS, and if it were Wentz instead of Zeke you'd say is was BS too

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's BS, and if it were Wentz instead of Zeke you'd say is was BS too

It's not BS. I think you're overvaluing the lead investigator's recommendation.

Wentz wouldn't be in this situation.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not BS. I think you're overvaluing the lead investigator's recommendation.

Wentz wouldn't be in this situation.
LMFAO, what a jackass. Wentz can't be falsely accused? Why, because he's a white boy? He doesn't like girls? Come on dude

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. Roger made no attempt to interview the woman, or listen to the lead investigator, who actually interviewed her. Here are the facts: The woman tried to blackmail Zeke, No charges filed by police, Lead invesitgator interviews victim and recommends no suspension, however, Roger does not inteveiw victim, but suspends Zeke 6 games. That is beyond stupid.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO, what a jackass. Wentz can't be falsely accused? Why, because he's a white boy? He doesn't like girls? Come on dude

How about this? Wentz isn't in this situation and has never been in this situation.

How many NFL players are falsely accused of domestic violence in any given season? Poor Zeke, he's just a victim of this evil, malicious girl, right? You've got no clue if these are false accusations or not. I can't think of the last time it was uncovered that an NFL player was falsely accused of domestic violence.

To bring race into this is idiotic. It has nothing to do with that. Wentz is, by all accounts, an overall good person. Elliot is, by all accounts, an immature person that constantly puts himself in situations where something can go wrong. He's also possibly a criminal domestic abuser but we can't say for sure. But yeah, it has to do with race. Pathetic to bring up race here.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this? Wentz isn't in this situation and has never been in this situation.

How many NFL players are falsely accused of domestic violence in any given season? Poor Zeke, he's just a victim of this evil, malicious girl, right? You've got no clue if these are false accusations or not. I can't think of the last time it was uncovered that an NFL player was falsely accused of domestic violence.

To bring race into this is idiotic. It has nothing to do with that. Wentz is, by all accounts, an overall good person. Elliot is, by all accounts, an immature person that constantly puts himself in situations where something can go wrong. He's also possibly a criminal domestic abuser but we can't say for sure. But yeah, it has to do with race. Pathetic to bring up race here.
Spin it however you like. If it were Wentz, with the same LACK of evidence, you'd cry a river hypocrite

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spin it however you like. If it were Wentz, with the same LACK of evidence, you'd cry a river hypocrite

I already told you that you guys are probably right that the amount of evidence doesn't warrant a 6-game suspension -- but that's not what the court is going to be focusing on. His best chance to have the suspension reduced was with Harold Henderson and that didn't happen.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already told you that you guys are probably right that the amount of evidence doesn't warrant a 6-game suspension -- but that's not what the court is going to be focusing on. His best chance to have the suspension reduced was with Harold Henderson and that didn't happen.
You aren't breaking any news here Dude, everyone on this board knows it's not about guilt or innocence but about the power of the Commissioners office. The difference is, this is a witch hunt. Let's say a disgruntled ex girlfriend of Wentz, some chick from his hometown that he told her he loved in High School, calls him and says she wants $100,000 or she will say he RAPED her. He says no. She goes to the press. The police won't file charges, the NFL lead investigator says she is a fraud...and then Roger suspends Wentz for two years. You good with that? If not, the STFU

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't breaking any news here Dude, everyone on this board knows it's not about guilt or innocence but about the power of the Commissioners office. The difference is, this is a witch hunt. Let's say a disgruntled ex girlfriend of Wentz, some chick from his hometown that he told her he loved in High School, calls him and says she wants $100,000 or she will say he RAPED her. He says no. She goes to the press. The police won't file charges, the NFL lead investigator says she is a fraud...and then Roger suspends Wentz for two years. You good with that? If not, the STFU

I didn't realize that Elliott's accuser waited 5+ years to come forward with allegations against him. Great hypothetical.

It really is news to you guys. Cowboys fans can't accept that Elliott seems like a shitty person. This probably won't be his last battle with the commissioner's office.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize that Elliott's accuser waited 5+ years to come forward with allegations against him. Great hypothetical.

It really is news to you guys. Cowboys fans can't accept that Elliott seems like a shitty person. This probably won't be his last battle with the commissioner's office.
Jackass

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hearing is over and no decision has been given. It's 3:00 p.m. before a holiday weekend. Tomorrow is veterans day and the courts will be closed. My guess is he's playing this week since it seems unlikely a decision is made before the end of the day.