• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And now Zeke is playing again.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that is as likely to be successful as you do. It all depends on exactly what the court rules. People get convictions overturned on appeal often in our court system. Some are able to sue and win money and some aren't. One difference is that Zeke's "damages" are easily quantifiable from a monetary perspective. In this case I'm not sure if he would win anything unless they not only ruled the suspension did not follow the proper procedure in place but also found intent on Goodell or the league's part. I don't think that is likely. There is zero doubt that there was enough evidence for them to explain why they started the investigation. There was a Police investigation too. We can agree or not on how they handled it or whether we believe the "victim" but there was likely enough evidence for THEM to state THEY felt a suspension was warranted (much lower threshold than criminal case) after their investigation even if we look at the same evidence and very strongly disagree. And my recollection is that there is no provision in the league disciplinary process for less than 6 games. They made DV an automatic 6 game suspension. So the idea that it should have been 2 or 3 is faulty to me. IMO it is all or nothing.

The court wouldn't likely have to agree with their decision to suspend and could overturn it and possibly still leave Zeke unlikely to win money via a lawsuit. I would imagine at the very least he could try to recoup the game checks but that wouldn't even come from the league. Perhaps legal fees from the league? But I don't think he could sue for damages to let's say his reputation. The "facts" of the case are what can be argued as damaging and they mostly came out from the Police investigation. So I don't think he has much of a case there. And if he gets back his 6 game checks it doesn't really help the Cowboys because we can't replay those 6 games. The part I disagree with is why the court would agree to let his appeal be heard but not feel the need to put the suspension on hold. This is clearly conflicting to me and doesn't pass the common sense test even if there is legal justification for it. But this also works against him in a civli suit because even the court is agreeing to let the suspension be heard.
It will be interesting. If the court ends up ruling after the suspension, he would have a serious defamation case....but he would also have to turn over cell phone and email records that he didn't have to turn in to the NFL during all of this.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead and sleep on next week....

Yeah, I don't know if you know this but I don't play for the Eagles. And I'm not sleeping on anything. Zeke is great and I wanted to see him.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
selective reading remains all you.

any chance you could just block me?

I'm not the blocking type. 6 foot 175... I'm more the "give me the ball and watch me score" type. Blocking is for the big boys.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the blocking type. 6 foot 175... I'm more the "give me the ball and watch me score" type. Blocking is for the big boys.
You seem more like a soccer player.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball. My name was Cadillac in high school cause not only was I smooth I was long and lovely... hence "Cadillac"
You told me they called you "Pinto"...small and slow and everyone was embarrassed to claim you as their own:D

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You told me they called you "Pinto"...small and slow and everyone was embarrassed to claim you as their own:D

Naw bro... They called me the Cube cause I was like an ice cube, slippery!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about a half season too late Zeke...

Ezekiel Elliott drops suspension appeal
11265.jpg

Ezekiel Elliott will no longer appeal his six-game suspension.

He'll be eligible to return against the Seahawks in Week 16. Elliott could have brought his case back to the Second Circuit Court of Appeals on December 1 to try and get his suspension reduced from six games to four. But in the end, Elliott and his lawyers decided to bite the bullet and serve the full six games, feeling it was the best decision based on the "practical assessment of the current legal landscape." You can read the joint statement released by Elliott's agents Rocky Arceneaux and Frank Salzano in the link below.

RotoGrinders.com Daily Slant: Week 11 presents a terrible spot for Alfred Morris as the Eagles are 1st in adjusted yards (2.33, per FO). They are, however, giving up the 2nd-most recs (6.44/g) and rec TDs (0.44/g) to RBs. Rod Smith out-snapped Morris 38-22 last week and with the explosive Eagles coming to town, game flow could be similar. At $3.4k on DK, Smith is an intriguing GPP option
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about a half season too late Zeke...

Ezekiel Elliott drops suspension appeal
11265.jpg

Ezekiel Elliott will no longer appeal his six-game suspension.

He'll be eligible to return against the Seahawks in Week 16. Elliott could have brought his case back to the Second Circuit Court of Appeals on December 1 to try and get his suspension reduced from six games to four. But in the end, Elliott and his lawyers decided to bite the bullet and serve the full six games, feeling it was the best decision based on the "practical assessment of the current legal landscape." You can read the joint statement released by Elliott's agents Rocky Arceneaux and Frank Salzano in the link below.

RotoGrinders.com Daily Slant: Week 11 presents a terrible spot for Alfred Morris as the Eagles are 1st in adjusted yards (2.33, per FO). They are, however, giving up the 2nd-most recs (6.44/g) and rec TDs (0.44/g) to RBs. Rod Smith out-snapped Morris 38-22 last week and with the explosive Eagles coming to town, game flow could be similar. At $3.4k on DK, Smith is an intriguing GPP option
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Just read on Twitter that the NFL is making him do a clinical evaluation and then treatment if it is recommended. Is this normal protocol for all suspended players or just some or what?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read on Twitter that the NFL is making him do a clinical evaluation and then treatment if it is recommended. Is this normal protocol for all suspended players or just some or what?
hmmm...that's interesting. I'm torn on that one. Is it specifically in the CBA that they can force players to do that or take that type of action? I'd need to see the clause that allows that. It seems targeted to me

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole zeke thING is the NFL owners and goodell trying to ruin the Cowboys season. The officiating is also slanted in the oppositions favor. Thi's week Cowboys probably hAve 11 penalties for 130 yards. The Eagles have a max of like 3 penalties for 40 yards.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole zeke thING is the NFL owners and goodell trying to ruin the Cowboys season. The officiating is also slanted in the oppositions favor. Thi's week Cowboys probably hAve 11 penalties for 130 yards. The Eagles have a max of like 3 penalties for 40 yards.

You may not be wrong LOL

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if this guy ends up getting caught on tape should be be permanently banned from the NFL?