• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And now Zeke is playing again.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this? Wentz isn't in this situation and has never been in this situation.

How many NFL players are falsely accused of domestic violence in any given season? Poor Zeke, he's just a victim of this evil, malicious girl, right? You've got no clue if these are false accusations or not. I can't think of the last time it was uncovered that an NFL player was falsely accused of domestic violence..
But Agholar should have been suspended:

DA won't charge Agholor in sexual assault case

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hearing is over and no decision has been given. It's 3:00 p.m. before a holiday weekend. Tomorrow is veterans day and the courts will be closed. My guess is he's playing this week since it seems unlikely a decision is made before the end of the day.

I guess I jinxed him.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I was right.. as usual. The courts didn't believe him either.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been down this rabbit hole. There is some evidence. Obviously, Cowboys fans don't think it's sufficient to suspend the guy for 6 games and, to be honest, you guys are probably right. But the NFL is the one that gets to decide what is sufficient to suspend him 6 games. And the courts aren't going to weigh the evidence against Elliott in relation to the domestic violence allegations / other incidents. They're going to determine whether the process was fair to Elliott. If it was, the NFL should win.

This is just my opinion but after reading his arguments, I don't think he's got a very strong case against the NFL. The circumstances are a bit unfair to him, especially given how inconsistently the NFL has applied the domestic violence policy. Overall, though, the process and procedures utilized by the NFL seem to have been fair. I suppose we'll see what the court decides sometime soon.
Why are you trolling our thread?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that's it, right? No more appeals? The suspension is for sure going down now?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I was right.. as usual. The courts didn't believe him either.
Or as many have said the accusations are irrelevant, as per the CBA.
I'll ask again why isn't Jamison Crowder and/or Junior Galette suspended?
You live in a glass house bitch, so STFU.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezekiel Elliott - RB - Cowboys
The Second Circuit Court of Appeals has denied Ezekiel Elliott's motion for an injunction, immediately reinstating his six-game suspension.

Elliott has been "granted an expedited appeal of the larger case." His official appeal is still pending, but he's run out of legal maneuvers that would allow him to play while the Second Circuit considers his case. He is well and truly suspended for Week 10, and is eligible to return in Week 16 against the Seahawks. Alfred Morris will start and lead a committee against the Falcons. Rod Smith is expected to be the next man up, with Darren McFadden third. It's possible all three get a chance to establish the "hot hand."

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first hearing in Ezekiel Elliott's "expedited appeal" before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals has been set for Dec. 1.
In theory, it means Elliott could maybe have his ban overturned or delayed before it's through in Week 16, but the Dallas Morning News' Kate Hairopoulos — who has been all over the case — believes it would be a "fast process for whole thing to be completed within the six weeks." Right now, Elliott seems likely to serve all six games before the Second Circuit can decide on the merits of his appeal. That, of course, would make any victory more symbolic than anything else. Nov 9 - 4:59 PM

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first hearing in Ezekiel Elliott's "expedited appeal" before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals has been set for Dec. 1.
In theory, it means Elliott could maybe have his ban overturned or delayed before it's through in Week 16, but the Dallas Morning News' Kate Hairopoulos — who has been all over the case — believes it would be a "fast process for whole thing to be completed within the six weeks." Right now, Elliott seems likely to serve all six games before the Second Circuit can decide on the merits of his appeal. That, of course, would make any victory more symbolic than anything else. Nov 9 - 4:59 PM
For arguments sake, say the courts eventually rule against the NFL, and Zeke misses 4 to 6 games, how much does he sue the NFL for? Does Dallas also sue the NFL and Goodell?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For arguments sake, say the courts eventually rule against the NFL, and Zeke misses 4 to 6 games, how much does he sue the NFL for? Does Dallas also sue the NFL and Goodell?
I din't know if he will win, but I bet there would be a LOT of zero's involved...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this all puts a damper on my excitement. I was looking for to world war 3 in the Cowboy Eagles game
Plus my fantasy team took a hard hit. Maybe the week 17 game will be big.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that is as likely to be successful as you do. It all depends on exactly what the court rules. People get convictions overturned on appeal often in our court system. Some are able to sue and win money and some aren't. One difference is that Zeke's "damages" are easily quantifiable from a monetary perspective. In this case I'm not sure if he would win anything unless they not only ruled the suspension did not follow the proper procedure in place but also found intent on Goodell or the league's part. I don't think that is likely. There is zero doubt that there was enough evidence for them to explain why they started the investigation. There was a Police investigation too. We can agree or not on how they handled it or whether we believe the "victim" but there was likely enough evidence for THEM to state THEY felt a suspension was warranted (much lower threshold than criminal case) after their investigation even if we look at the same evidence and very strongly disagree. And my recollection is that there is no provision in the league disciplinary process for less than 6 games. They made DV an automatic 6 game suspension. So the idea that it should have been 2 or 3 is faulty to me. IMO it is all or nothing.

The court wouldn't likely have to agree with their decision to suspend and could overturn it and possibly still leave Zeke unlikely to win money via a lawsuit. I would imagine at the very least he could try to recoup the game checks but that wouldn't even come from the league. Perhaps legal fees from the league? But I don't think he could sue for damages to let's say his reputation. The "facts" of the case are what can be argued as damaging and they mostly came out from the Police investigation. So I don't think he has much of a case there. And if he gets back his 6 game checks it doesn't really help the Cowboys because we can't replay those 6 games. The part I disagree with is why the court would agree to let his appeal be heard but not feel the need to put the suspension on hold. This is clearly conflicting to me and doesn't pass the common sense test even if there is legal justification for it. But this also works against him in a civli suit because even the court is agreeing to let the suspension be heard.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that is as likely to be successful as you do. It all depends on exactly what the court rules. People get convictions overturned on appeal often in our court system. Some are able to sue and win money and some aren't. One difference is that Zeke's "damages" are easily quantifiable from a monetary perspective. In this case I'm not sure if he would win anything unless they not only ruled the suspension did not follow the proper procedure in place but also found intent on Goodell or the league's part. I don't think that is likely. There is zero doubt that there was enough evidence for them to explain why they started the investigation. There was a Police investigation too. We can agree or not on how they handled it or whether we believe the "victim" but there was likely enough evidence for THEM to state THEY felt a suspension was warranted (much lower threshold than criminal case) after their investigation even if we look at the same evidence and very strongly disagree. And my recollection is that there is no provision in the league disciplinary process for less than 6 games. They made DV an automatic 6 game suspension. So the idea that it should have been 2 or 3 is faulty to me. IMO it is all or nothing.

The court wouldn't likely have to agree with their decision to suspend and could overturn it and possibly still leave Zeke unlikely to win money via a lawsuit. I would imagine at the very least he could try to recoup the game checks but that wouldn't even come from the league. Perhaps legal fees from the league? But I don't think he could sue for damages to let's say his reputation. The "facts" of the case are what can be argued as damaging and they mostly came out from the Police investigation. So I don't think he has much of a case there. And if he gets back his 6 game checks it doesn't really help the Cowboys because we can't replay those 6 games. The part I disagree with is why the court would agree to let his appeal be heard but not feel the need to put the suspension on hold. This is clearly conflicting to me and doesn't pass the common sense test even if there is legal justification for it. But this also works against him in a civli suit because even the court is agreeing to let the suspension be heard.

Well they did suspend Josh Brown for ONE game. By most accounts they had much more substantial evidence on Brown also.

I'm just bitter and pulling for Zeke to be the one that ousts Goodell from the NFL.
He makes money for the NFL but other than that he's an embarrassment.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you always so angry. The poster didn't criticize Zeke or the Cowboys. He was 100 percent correct. They aren't dealing with the facts of the legalities of a supposed crime. They are reviewing whether or not the NFL has the right to suspend him. What did he say to piss you off and get you cursing? Lighten up a little.

selective reading remains all you.

any chance you could just block me?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this all puts a damper on my excitement. I was looking for to world war 3 in the Cowboy Eagles game
Plus my fantasy team took a hard hit. Maybe the week 17 game will be big.
Go ahead and sleep on next week....