• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And it has started

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really knew it was just a matter of time before fans, writers, etc. started to ask the questions about Romo. To some, he is playing the best football of his career. with 8 TDs and 1 Int ( which wasnt his fault) and 1 fumble. This has happened in a 4 game stretch as well. Now some are saying he is being too safe and not pushing the ball down field. I even read yesterday by one of the writers on dallascowboys.com that he is not throwing enough INTs. Really, are you serious. He has turned into too much of a game manager, lol. So which is it? I always said to the ones that talked about him being the daredevil- be careful what you wish for. I admit I would like to see him go down field more but not to force it to Dez in double coverage. Im really not sure how many deep routes Austin has actually ran. Truthfully, it would take Witten about 8 seconds to run 30 yards so thats not happening. I honestly think he is showing tremendous maturity. He isnt forcing it. He has 7 and 8 seconds at times this year and I just knew he was going deep, only to see a 7 yard completion to Witten. So which do you prefer

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has went down the field..........

Not his fault balls are dropped.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only people blaming Romo are the clueless national media who haven't watched a Cowboys game this year. IMO, if the Cowboys don't make the playoffs this year, the ax is gonna fall where it should....JG

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that he doesn't appear to be taking as many shots down field. He seems to be relying on runs after the catch, but he also appears to be a tick late on getting the ball where it needs to be. He is hitting his WR's, but either by route design or late timing they aren't being hit in stride or in motion.

I've always groaned about it, but so far it appears that I'm seeing more 3rd down plays that are a yard or two short of the first down and the receiver is standing still when he catches and then trying to turn upfield to stretch for the first.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about making good decisions, not about being a daredevil or too conservative. A good decision in one circumstance isn't necessarily a good decision in another. Peyton hasn't thrown ints this year and he is chucking it all over the yard and throwing a ton of deep balls. So I think it's silly to try to state that it is an either/or situation. There are times when you take more risks than others. You can both be aggressive and not make stupid mistakes at the same time, especially if you are getting $100M...

Throwing a 2 yard out on 3rd and 10 is stupid. Might as well just throw it out of bounds. Throwing the same pass on 2nd and 10 isn't stupid. Throwing a screen on 3rd and goal from like the 14 is dumb. the same pass on 2nd and goal probably is not. Throwing a deep ball to a WR on 3rd and 10 even if double covered may not be a bad decision, but on 1st and 10 it may be.

That article was asinine. I get his premise being that you need to do more than just throw 3 yard passes every play, but you can do that and also try to avoid interceptions. He worded it as if the interception itself could be a good thing as compared to saying throwing the type of pass that may result in an interception was a good thing. Well, I didn't read too much of it since I thought it was so stupid, but I think that's what he did.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we really have anyone that get deep? Obviously Dez is being blanketed everywhere he goes, and Im not real sure he has the double move down pat yet. I just think we have to get speed on the field. When Murray needs a break, that doesnt necessarily mean that Dunbar gets a carry off tackle. Throw him the ball. Our plays arent creative at all. Let a RB actually run a pattern, instead of heading to the flat.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a huge problem overall with Romo's start. If everyone on that team was playing as well, or as poorly, I think they would be 3-1 or 4-0 right now.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be more worried that we have two high round picks. One with a knee injury in college who has been a bust and mo claiborne who had 6th round talent. Janoris Jenkins was my selection. Now this season we waste a 2nd round pick on Escobar(poor mans david Lafleur) horrible drafting by Jerry who only had one good pick since Jimmy Johnson run out of town. Almost 20 years of mediocrity

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two losses are on the coaches and the scheme, bottom line. Nothing to do with Romo. Murray ran great versus SD yet we don't pound the ball up by ten. The Chiefs game was a loss to a good team, and once again we were just out coached. This team with better coaching would be 4-0. JG would be one hell of a GM, he is no HC though. BC is not the right man for the OC job, and as I mentioned before Rob Ryan was not the problem, in four games played we have given up 400+ passing to two different qbs that never happen to Rob even with a injured D in fact until this year we have never given up more than one 400+ yard passing QB in a season. All coaching, has to come a time where you stop placing blame on players and look at the coaches.

jonny_blaze

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be more worried that we have two high round picks. One with a knee injury in college who has been a bust and mo claiborne who had 6th round talent. Janoris Jenkins was my selection. Now this season we waste a 2nd round pick on Escobar(poor mans david Lafleur) horrible drafting by Jerry who only had one good pick since Jimmy Johnson run out of town. Almost 20 years of mediocrity

Jesus Christ drama queen, I'd normally say to get your panties out of a bunch but your ass seems to have swallowed them whole

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This team with better coaching would be 4-0"

No way...not with the dropped passes, penalties, and missed assignments.
This game is still about making plays or not making plays. San Diego kicked the shit outta Dallas after the Lee pick six, sure the Dallas defensive coaches failed to adjust after the first drive of the second half but Dallas the players failed on the field.

Now....Sunday night you had this team with 5 wins and if everything remains throughout the remaining season as it was in SD, then you might have a point. Either way, it's another Dallas group effort...coaching and playing thus far....certainly not all coaching

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This team with better coaching would be 4-0"

No way...not with the dropped passes, penalties, and missed assignments.
This game is still about making plays or not making plays. San Diego kicked the shit outta Dallas after the Lee pick six, sure the Dallas defensive coaches failed to adjust after the first drive of the second half but Dallas the players failed on the field.

Now....Sunday night you had this team with 5 wins and if everything remains throughout the remaining season as it was in SD, then you might have a point. Either way, it's another Dallas group effort...coaching and playing thus far....certainly not all coaching

Don't get me wrong, players need to play; but I certainly believe that the major reason why we aren't 4-0 is due to coaching, not saying it's all on the coaches but certainly a large part of it is. If we play and get coached like we did Sunday 5 wins on the season will be it yes. However you and I both know this team and they could come out Sunday and win and then lay an egg against the Skins the week after. To much talent to be this inconsistent every year. I'd love to see in this order Dungy, Chucky, or the A&M coach here next year as HC. Just my opinion and I could be wrong. Btw bring in Dungy with Moore next year and I promise this team not only makes the playoffs but seriously is banging on the door for a championship, and that's with the same D Coaches in place.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is missing or something we have is holding us back. The numbers say we have have improved in the weak spots from the past. The players and coaches say the right things. Its almost robotic now hearing them speak- get better collectively and individually each day...... each play is a life of its own..... put that one behind you, watch the tape and get better,.... They still find ways to crumble at the most crucial times- whether its a drop, playcalling, penalty, etc. This team is driving me nuts.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, players need to play; but I certainly believe that the major reason why we aren't 4-0 is due to coaching, not saying it's all on the coaches but certainly a large part of it is. If we play and get coached like we did Sunday 5 wins on the season will be it yes. However you and I both know this team and they could come out Sunday and win and then lay an egg against the Skins the week after. To much talent to be this inconsistent every year. I'd love to see in this order Dungy, Chucky, or the A&M coach here next year as HC. Just my opinion and I could be wrong. Btw bring in Dungy with Moore next year and I promise this team not only makes the playoffs but seriously is banging on the door for a championship, and that's with the same D Coaches in place.

Coaching scheme was a problem and certainly lack of adjustments in SD. Can't say the same about KC, but Dez drops a 1st down play on SD's side on our first second half offensive series and the next drive a holding wipes out a 1st at the SD32, two plays later Wittin drops a ball in the red zone. That's on the players. That is not coaching. Group effort here through 4 games....like the last 5/6 years

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is missing or something we have is holding us back. The numbers say we have have improved in the weak spots from the past. The players and coaches say the right things. Its almost robotic now hearing them speak- get better collectively and individually each day...... each play is a life of its own..... put that one behind you, watch the tape and get better,.... They still find ways to crumble at the most crucial times- whether its a drop, playcalling, penalty, etc. This team is driving me nuts.

I expect something to change and quickly. I sure would like to know what Romo's input to all this has been thus far. This shit looks and smells the same in many regards while the oline play has improved. I'd like to know how many times Romo changes from run to pass at the line. I'd like to know why they aren't throwing to Dez 12 times a game...single or double, I'd like to know why they haven't thrown the ball down the field more. I thought Romo was going to have a big say in all this. I don't see much improvement thus far and I'm open minded about a coach can only do so much on Sunday afternoon

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching scheme was a problem and certainly lack of adjustments in SD. Can't say the same about KC, but Dez drops a 1st down play on SD's side on our first second half offensive series and the next drive a holding wipes out a 1st at the SD32, two plays later Wittin drops a ball in the red zone. That's on the players. That is not coaching. Group effort here through 4 games....like the last 5/6 years

Stop using common sense or I will report you to the mods. The children have to be allowed to express their emotions in today's society.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect something to change and quickly. I sure would like to know what Romo's input to all this has been thus far. This shit looks and smells the same in many regards while the oline play has improved. I'd like to know how many times Romo changes from run to pass at the line. I'd like to know why they aren't throwing to Dez 12 times a game...single or double, I'd like to know why they haven't thrown the ball down the field more. I thought Romo was going to have a big say in all this. I don't see much improvement thus far and I'm open minded about a coach can only do so much on Sunday afternoon

I see Rivers vs the Cowboys the same way as I see our offense operating. We dont have a deep threat out there unless you want it to be Dez. Miles is banged up. Rivers took what the defense gave him all day long and thats what Romo has been doing. The difference- Rivers no names didnt drop 4 passes and his OLIne didnt commit crucial penalties. It was the same vs the Rams. He took what they gave him and guess what - two big plays open up Harris and Escobar. He claims he doesnt change the plays that much, whether he does or not I dont know. Murray has had a good year running the ball. I think they were fine and balanced the other day. If you look at play by play - they did what they had to do. I wouldnt have changed anything about the run/pass ratio. I mean sure you can slip a draw in there in the 4rth quarter a couple of times maybe but the situation called for pass. I hate to say this, because he is a future Hall of Famer, but I personally would rather see Wittens targets go from about 8 to 5. As far as Dez targets being 12 a game, I honestly think he is hurting and not getting much separation right now, whether its his ankle or back. If they are doubling him or triple teaming him, somebody else has to be open. I want to see WRs break a tackle or make somebody miss every once in a while.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I see Rivers vs the Cowboys the same way as I see our offense operating. We dont have a deep threat out there unless you want it to be Dez. Miles is banged up. Rivers took what the defense gave him all day long and thats what Romo has been doing. The difference- Rivers no names didnt drop 4 passes and his OLIne didnt commit crucial penalties"

I don't agree with this. Dallas has the receivers to stretch the field. It's only a comparison for that one sunday. This is a much different deal. Aikman had the run game but he still trusted himself to throw the ball a time or two each game in tight spots. Romo is the QB and seems to have major input in the attack each week. I'd like to see the adjustments. It's as if these coaches outthink themselves. Instead of being two plays ahead of the defense, they try to be 10 plays ahead. Why would you open the game with a run for ten then run a naked bootleg to start a game? That's beyond stupid. Why would a back have 12 of his 14 carries on first down with a 5 plus yard per carry and only have 2 other carries? Is that Garrett? Is that Callahan? Is that Romo?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who besides Dez can stretch the field that was out there Sunday? I dont trust 83 on a 7 yrd out route much less a double move to get deep. I would say that the first 10-15 plays of a game are somewhat scripted. Im just guessing of course , but most coaches I would think still do that to a certain extent. Im sure if Romo sees a matchup he likes then he changes it. Regardless of the bootleg, they still should have had a 1st down. I have said it forever - the perfect defense against Dallas is a soft zone. Make them go 12 plays- they will find a way to fuck it up. I dont think Romo has changed. I think he will go down field if it is there. He had 7 yrs before this to change and he never did. If this was really all about Romo , dont you think he would go to what he likes best and call the plays himself in a no huddle.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who besides Dez can stretch the field that was out there Sunday? I dont trust 83 on a 7 yrd out route much less a double move to get deep. I would say that the first 10-15 plays of a game are somewhat scripted. Im just guessing of course , but most coaches I would think still do that to a certain extent. Im sure if Romo sees a matchup he likes then he changes it. Regardless of the bootleg, they still should have had a 1st down. I have said it forever - the perfect defense against Dallas is a soft zone. Make them go 12 plays- they will find a way to fuck it up. I dont think Romo has changed. I think he will go down field if it is there. He had 7 yrs before this to change and he never did. If this was really all about Romo , dont you think he would go to what he likes best and call the plays himself in a no huddle.

"Who besides Dez can stretch the field that was out there Sunday?"

You understand the term stretch the field? 17 can stretch the field, so can 83, maybe even the rookie TE or witten could get down the field. How you going to throw the 15 yard crossing pattern if they never stretch the field. How doe the 20 yard out work if they don't bail? Why would they bail? Maybe cause the went deep on a pattern or two.

"If this was really all about Romo"
Never said that....but I did pose the question since he's hands on this season with game plans and what he whats to do