• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And it has started

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Escobar played 2 plays on Sunday so he didnt really get a chance. Look all Im saying is every team has drops. The 4 we had the other day were very big and came at bad times. If we catch 2 of them maybe its a different outcome.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Escobar played 2 plays on Sunday so he didnt really get a chance. Look all Im saying is every team has drops. The 4 we had the other day were very big and came at bad times. If we catch 2 of them maybe its a different outcome.

you're a solid cowboy fan with rose colored glasses when it comes to Romo. It's kinda what you do which is fine. keeps our conversations each year lively. I value your opinions and enjoy the back and forth.
I actually think Romo can play lights out and still throw a pick. He has never had to be perfect for me.

Know when to hold um and know when to fold um kinda thing I guess

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Who besides Dez can stretch the field that was out there Sunday?"

You understand the term stretch the field? 17 can stretch the field, so can 83, maybe even the rookie TE or witten could get down the field. How you going to throw the 15 yard crossing pattern if they never stretch the field. How doe the 20 yard out work if they don't bail? Why would they bail? Maybe cause the went deep on a pattern or two.

"If this was really all about Romo"
Never said that....but I did pose the question since he's hands on this season with game plans and what he whats to do

Completely agree. sending a WR or 2 on a fly pattern does wonders for the rest of the offense. If the defense fears the deep ball they won't crown the box, thus helping the short passes and running game. Even an over thrown fly pattern gets the defense back on their heels.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an outsider (non fan) I see Tony Romo on his 9th year and he has accomplished nothing. He is at the end of his career with the Cowboys and they should be looking for the future. The smart move is this should be his last year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so about the glasses. I have made it clear in the past- I dont know Xs and Os as well as most. I can only go by what I see on television. Believe me when Romo scrambled out of a mess the other day and looked downfield I was expecting a deep shot , then he threw to Witten for 7 or 8 yards. I dont know what he saw downfield. Maybe he had Dez in double coverage. I love the 300 yards passing games - which means going downfield usually. I thought he took some shots vs KC. I thought he took some vs the Rams eventhough it was a blowout. He was conservative vs SD, but he also saw more pressure I thought. The Oline is doing a very good job protecting him.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an outsider (non fan) I see Tony Romo on his 9th year and he has accomplished nothing. He is at the end of his career with the Cowboys and they should be looking for the future. The smart move is this should be his last year.

Go learn about the Salary Cap and get back to us. Besides the Cowboys have done NOTHING, it's not just Romo's problem, and fact is, it would not be all that easy to find a more capable QB than Romo.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Mark, there is a money issue with that.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rose colored glasses- yes maybe I do. I had them for Aikman as well . It used to piss me off so much that he he threw more passes to the one yard line than any QB in history it seemed. It was nothing for him to post a 19-26 game for 210 yds and no TDs. I remember one Thanksgiving playing the Vikings, Aikman threw for well over 400 yards and either 0 or 1 TD . I think Emmitt had 4 TDs in a losing cause. / With Romo, its a different story. I dont know how to explain my affection for him. Underdog mainly. I never liked Bledsoe or Testeverde. We were teased with Henson and Hutchinson. i just remember the preseason of 06 and I saw hope again for this franchise. I rememeber Parcells put him in vs the Texans in a blowout in about week 5. 1st pass- fly pattern to TO to the 1 yard line. Thedn he hit him on the next play for the TD. The next week Bledsoe gets benched at halftime, and Romos 1st pass is batted up in the air and Picked. I remember my dad laughing at me because I had wanted him all year. Then the Seattle fiasco. 2007 begins- he comes out on fire, winning the first 4 - slinging everywhere. I started my talks about best ever lol. People hated him. Then the trip to Buffalo- 5 picks a fumble or 3 , but he led them back. Its been a rollercoaster ever since. With media today and technology- Ive never seen a guy criticized as much. I just wish this dog would have his day.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two losses are on the coaches and the scheme, bottom line. Nothing to do with Romo. Murray ran great versus SD yet we don't pound the ball up by ten. The Chiefs game was a loss to a good team, and once again we were just out coached. This team with better coaching would be 4-0. JG would be one hell of a GM, he is no HC though. BC is not the right man for the OC job, and as I mentioned before Rob Ryan was not the problem, in four games played we have given up 400+ passing to two different qbs that never happen to Rob even with a injured D in fact until this year we have never given up more than one 400+ yard passing QB in a season. All coaching, has to come a time where you stop placing blame on players and look at the coaches.
:agree:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people think Dez stretches the field? He doesn't. He's not a speed guy ... not even in the slightest. He's a strong athletic receiver. But FAR from a speedster.

Austin is the closest thing to a speedster this team has at the receiver position.

I'll be the first to admit I've said I see Austin's time in Dallas coming to an end....... but when he isn't on the field ..... Defenses don't fear us deep. Not at all.

If we are going to survive with this current group of recievers... We HAVE to run the ball... and run it effectively.
That said we really need a receiver to step up. If they are going to double Dez someone has got to get open AND CATCH THE FUCKING BALL when they are open.

Team sport. Solo performances look good in fantasy football..... but look right shitty on the final score board

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the national guys seem to think Romo has become a game manager and is not airing it out enough blah blah blah.............

The way I see it the Cowboys just don't adapt the game plan when teams catch on and seem to start having our number and it has been this way for several years not just with Jason it was that way with Wade with the 2007 year exception when he took over the team.

is it part Jerry, part coaching, part player entitlement, maybe all 3. on more than 1 occasion I have seen this team come out looking unprepared and in a daze.

Winning is an attitude and so is Losing. I think Jimmy might be right about the "Optimistic Infection" what ever the cure it sure needs to be fixed. Lots of football left and I hope the Cowboys get the ship righted and have a successful season. ( Playoff win minimum )

If they don't right the ship we will be looking at a new coaching staff in Dallas next year. And no Im not saying Jason should be fired but at some point you have to look at the coaching because you cant fire all the players.

With that said I expect the Cowboys to win the division. Their record who knows ?

JMHO

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that he doesn't appear to be taking as many shots down field. He seems to be relying on runs after the catch, but he also appears to be a tick late on getting the ball where it needs to be. He is hitting his WR's, but either by route design or late timing they aren't being hit in stride or in motion.

I've always groaned about it, but so far it appears that I'm seeing more 3rd down plays that are a yard or two short of the first down and the receiver is standing still when he catches and then trying to turn upfield to stretch for the first.

Gary Kubiak loaned Jason Garrett his playbook. That's what it is.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people think Dez stretches the field? He doesn't. He's not a speed guy ... not even in the slightest. He's a strong athletic receiver. But FAR from a speedster.

Austin is the closest thing to a speedster this team has at the receiver position.

I'll be the first to admit I've said I see Austin's time in Dallas coming to an end....... but when he isn't on the field ..... Defenses don't fear us deep. Not at all.

If we are going to survive with this current group of recievers... We HAVE to run the ball... and run it effectively.
That said we really need a receiver to step up. If they are going to double Dez someone has got to get open AND CATCH THE FUCKING BALL when they are open.

Team sport. Solo performances look good in fantasy football..... but look right shitty on the final score board

You don't really have to be a speedster to stretch the field. He has more than enough speed to get down the field, and out jump or out fight someone for the ball. 2 of those to him a game should be mandatory.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo seems to miss the open go route more often than not and those are incredibly huge plays that you must succeed on. Perfect example was the first throw to Williams this year. That is the biggest reason we don't see more successful plays like that IMO. For some reason it just seems he misses the vertical throws. He is accurate on deep crossing patterns and outs, but not the pure vertical ones. Forget about completing them, how many times do his thows on those patterns end up over the wrong shoulder even? How many times a year does Eli hit Victor Cruz in stride for a long TD (3 times already this year)? When the WR knows where he is going and the CB does not, you don't have to be Ussain Bolt to get a step on him. We do have players that can stretch the field. We either don't run the plays, don't throw the passes, or don't complete the passes.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo seems to miss the open go route more often than not and those are incredibly huge plays that you must succeed on. Perfect example was the first throw to Williams this year. That is the biggest reason we don't see more successful plays like that IMO. For some reason it just seems he misses the vertical throws. He is accurate on deep crossing patterns and outs, but not the pure vertical ones. Forget about completing them, how many times do his thows on those patterns end up over the wrong shoulder even? How many times a year does Eli hit Victor Cruz in stride for a long TD (3 times already this year)? When the WR knows where he is going and the CB does not, you don't have to be Ussain Bolt to get a step on him. We do have players that can stretch the field. We either don't run the plays, don't throw the passes, or don't complete the passes.

Using Eli is a bad example. I have never seen a QB have more defenders miss on easy interceptions than he. Hell half of his long passes should be intercepted or at least knocked down. DB's look like Bob Eucker swinging a bat out there when the play against Eli.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using Eli is a bad example. I have never seen a QB have more defenders miss on easy interceptions than he. Hell half of his long passes should be intercepted or at least knocked down. DB's look like Bob Eucker swinging a bat out there when the play against Eli.

Totally disagree. Eli throws one of the best deep balls in the game IMO. All Cruz seems to have to do most times is squeeze his hands together and keep running.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally disagree. Eli throws one of the best deep balls in the game IMO. All Cruz seems to have to do most times is squeeze his hands together and keep running.

Agree he does throw a nice deep ball but too often the WR he is throwing to is well covered and the WR bails Eli out. All I'm saying is those deep completions could easily be very bad decisions on his part.

I remember Micheal bailing out Troy a few times. Micheal would purposely get flagged for PI if he saw that an interception possible. Wish our guys would play that way now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is kinda hard to overthrow cruz. As far as the ball landing where it needs (which shoulder & what not) Receivers run into the path of the throw as much as just running & the throw just hitting them in stride without adjusting their body. Receivers a lot of times have something to do with how the ball gets to them. I would take cruz over any of our WRs except for Dez. I agree with Manster on this one. A lot of times the WRs makes Eli look good.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree he does throw a nice deep ball but too often the WR he is throwing to is well covered and the WR bails Eli out. All I'm saying is those deep completions could easily be very bad decisions on his part.

I remember Micheal bailing out Troy a few times. Micheal would purposely get flagged for PI if he saw that an interception possible. Wish our guys would play that way now.

I can't believe I spelled Michael wrong. (TWICE)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is kinda hard to overthrow cruz. As far as the ball landing where it needs (which shoulder & what not) Receivers run into the path of the throw as much as just running & the throw just hitting them in stride without adjusting their body. Receivers a lot of times have something to do with how the ball gets to them. I would take cruz over any of our WRs except for Dez. I agree with Manster on this one. A lot of times the WRs makes Eli look good.

How much faster do you guys think Cruz is than our WRs? You act as if he is running a 4.3 40. And either way, that doesn't make it easier to hit a guy in stride if he is running a 4.3 anyway..and that post is just a big excuse. Both guys know and practice the pattern. The WR often only adjusts if it is thrown poorly. You act as if every go pattern was done via "a wink and a nod" at teh LOS after noticing single coverage or a mismatch.