• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An Inconvenient Truth About Washington....

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on what you make of it. I enjoy ice fishing, snow shoeing, broom hockey, fishing, hunting, etc... If you're into the outdoors such as hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, etc... it doesn't get any better than up here.

I hunt quail and ducks. There's no better place in the country for quail hunting than right here, and I can shoot plenty of ducks too.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? With your defense?

As bad as our defense is, theirs isn't any better. They've struggled with teams like K-state. They'll score some, but they will still have trouble running, and they won't be able to stop our offense.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hunt quail and ducks. There's no better place in the country for quail hunting than right here, and I can shoot plenty of ducks too.
They have excellent bird hunting up here along with bear, moose, elk, deer, caribou, etc.. No quail though.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does the robot mean ? :noidea:
The robot is Badmin. An old news bot SportsHoopla had at the beginning. That would generate and post sports related stories. Most of the time they were already posted by posters in threads. So the smiley means it is a thread that has already been done. Not sure how its relevant to your post or Washington's weak SOS :noidea: Especiall OOC SOS I think they were banking on conference SOS. But the PAC is a mess. With teams like Oregon,Stanford,etc...Falling that hurt their SOS quite a bit.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on what you make of it. I enjoy ice fishing, snow shoeing, broom hockey, fishing, hunting, etc... If you're into the outdoors such as hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, etc... it doesn't get any better than up here.

About half of my family have moved up there. I'm saving up for a trip up there to do some fly fishing for a few weeks next year. Can't wait!

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the first page then ignored the next 6, but I gotta say, at least were not losing to these teams.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swear I'm not trying to be a jackass, but is broom hockey an actual sport there? Me and my friends used to play that shit all the time after watching Mighty Ducks as a kid. :L

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swear I'm not trying to be a jackass, but is broom hockey an actual sport there? Me and my friends used to play that shit all the time after watching Mighty Ducks as a kid. :L
We play it on the lakes here in the winter. It's a cheap way to have fun. I used to play it a lot after the bar closed but not so much these days. I started putting on weight and got older ... so now I just watch 'em play and I might do a few minutes now and then when someone wants to sit out for a breather.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of Alaska if you don't mind me askin.

Just outside of Anchorage. My cousin was stationed up there for about 8 years. It is expensive, but he and his brothers won some sort of lottery and got to split up a bunch of property.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just outside of Anchorage. My cousin was stationed up there for about 8 years. It is expensive, but he and his brothers won some sort of lottery and got to split up a bunch of property.
I live about an hour twenty minutes drive north of Anchorage ... in Big Lake. TBH though the best fly fishing is in southwestern Alaska. You have to fly there but it's well worth the airfare.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of Alaska if you don't mind me askin.

To add to this.. I did have one other cousin get a job in Nome for a year, but that's hard core. They fly in everything they need before winter and no one goes in or out after that. Too much for her so she moved back to ohio.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live about an hour twenty minutes drive north of Anchorage ... in Big Lake. TBH though the best fly fishing is in southwestern Alaska. You have to fly there but it's well worth the airfare.

I'll have to ask my cousin about that. I can't remember the river, but they get dropped off upstream somewhere and spend a few days 'floating' back home.

Well, I'm about to head out w/the wife and grab a beer somewhere. Good talking with you and good luck on your season. If the Huskies go undefeated, they need to be in. No one wants to see two teams from the same conf in the playoffs.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to this.. I did have one other cousin get a job in Nome for a year, but that's hard core. They fly in everything they need before winter and no one goes in or out after that. Too much for her so she moved back to ohio.
I lived and worked in Nome for just over three months hanging iron but that was during the summer months. I like Nome a lot .... just not to live there. I also lived in Dillingham, AK for three and a half years and that's fly in only and that sucked balls. $12 for a gallon of milk and $6 for a loaf of bread.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived and worked in Nome for just over three months hanging iron but that was during the summer months. I like Nome a lot .... just not to live there. I also lived in Dillingham, AK for three and a half years and that's fly in only and that sucked balls. $12 for a gallon of milk and $6 for a loaf of bread.

Yeah, nice pictures she sent back, but just WAY too cold in the winter.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And bears. lots and lots of bears.
Bdub, is that avi coming down after Tuesday's election?

That sucker is..., is.... A cross between Stoops and Trump is just wrong!