• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An Inconvenient Truth About Washington....

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That USC game was an absurd ending. I was really surprised to see all the close calls Utah has had.

If you flip their schedule they are probably a 3/4 loss team. They probably beat Cal, but lose to BYU, USC and UW on the road. Cal isn't very good. The only teams Utah have beat somewhat handily are Arizona(2-7), San Jose State(3-7) and Southern Utah(5-4 FCS team). And those games weren't all that efficient for Utah as is.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you flip their schedule they are probably a 3/4 loss team. They probably beat Cal, but lose to BYU, USC and UW on the road. Cal isn't very good. The only teams Utah have beat somewhat handily are Arizona(2-7), San Jose State(3-7) and Southern Utah(5-4 FCS team). And those games weren't all that efficient for Utah as is.
Yeah it's looking pretty likely that Colorado ends up taking the south. I'm kinda of surprised Utah is ranked ahead of Colorado at this point.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of Ohio st.'s "ranked wins", Oklahoma and Nebraska are probably the most overrated teams in the country. Oklahoma's best win is a toss up between K state and Texas Tech. Nebraska's, Wyoming or Indiana?

Well at least we all know that Washington hasn't played a soul and this is confirmed.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they really are. There is a reason why Ohio State's SOS is 5th while Washington is barely top 40.
Wisky and Stanford are the same damn team.

Oklahoma has the best offense after playing TCU, Texas Tech, ULM, Texas and Kansas.....DUH, I'd hope so!!!

Tulsa is receiving votes???!!! Cool!

You whooped Rutgers better than we whooped Rutgers....you got me there.

And I guess we should have lost to Utah.....But we didn't :lol:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oklahoma has the best offense after playing TCU, Texas Tech, ULM, Texas and Kansas.....DUH, I'd hope so!!!

LOL not even close. Nobody, especially not two Pac 12 teams, are putting up 42+ points on them. Wisconsin is far better than Stanford this year. So is Oklahoma for that part. Again, the SOS doesn't lie.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's looking pretty likely that Colorado ends up taking the south. I'm kinda of surprised Utah is ranked ahead of Colorado at this point.

Probably a little recency bias in there. Utah even with their close loss to UW, looked better than Colorado did in their ugly win against UCLA. But if you look at the totality of their seasons, Colorado has been more impressive. Plus Utah's probably given a little benefit of the doubt since they've finished the last 2 years ranked. Not that that should matter but it probably does.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

please leave us out of any strength of schedule discussion. stanford needs to lie low this year, away from any national spotlight - maybe in '17'

we've got nothing for '16 (well except the wins at USC and UCLA, we'll pimp those)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't watch much football THIS YEAR do you. In previous years, this is true. This is the worst Stanford team especially in the trenches that we have seen in awhile now. And Wisky looks really good this year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one who's cage is rattled. I was merely trying to explain the conversation to you and got immediately got pissy and called it a circle jerk. No need to get so upset, I already acknowledged that you guys are in if you're unbeaten. If you have an argument to what's being said, fire away, but if not there's no need to get so upset.
There is no reasonable person on earth that can look at my comments in this thread and conclude I'm in any way upset, irritated, or particularly bothered. And it would appear that saying as much also falls on deaf ears.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if you are saying Ohio St's opponents are overrated and suck with the 5th best SOS, what does that say about Washington's? It means they haven't played a soul all year. Congrats!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reasonable person on earth that can look at my comments in this thread and conclude I'm in any way upset, irritated, or particularly bothered. And it would appear that saying as much also falls on deaf ears.
There's a conversation about Washington not being worthy of a top 4 spot right now and it's being backed up by a lot of credible reasoning, and you dismiss it as a "circle jerk". That's not what someone says who isn't a little rattled.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a conversation about Washington not being worthy of a top 4 spot right now and it's being backed up by a lot of credible reasoning, and you dismiss it as a "circle jerk". That's not what someone says who isn't a little rattled.
You aren't paying attention. Shall I quote you my first post to this thread? I mean we can keep going at this, but indeed THIS is the circle jerk I was talking about.

By the OP's own admission this was a trolling thread. The purpose wasn't to have a discussion, it was to create a fight. I don't bother to get into those. I have stated a few things and corrected a few others, but I don't feel the need to fight over what others think about the team I follow. I couldn't care less if you and everyone else thinks they are overrated. Doesn't change things for me, or for the team.

How many more rounds do you want to go before you let this go man?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember all these Ohio state fans bashing UW last week.

:laugh:

It'll be okay guys, all you have to do is beat Michigan.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alaska started it....he seems like an old grumpy fart :pound:

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alaska started it....he seems like an old grumpy fart :pound:
giphy.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would rather curbstomp em then stick a pitchfork in em and burn em :shocked: