• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An Inconvenient Truth About Washington....

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AG -- I think Washington is a quality team. I just think a soft schedule has given them a false sense of hope. Alabama is a completely different animal than anything Washington has seen. Unless Browning becomes a mobile QB prior to the CFP, Washington is going to get steam rolled.

Washington is tied for 46th in sacks allowed. What do you think Bama is going to do to your OL?
Browning can scramble decent enough although he's no dual threat QB by a long shot. That and some screen passes to slow down Bama's rush. I just don't see Washington getting curb stomped by anyone this year. Beat maybe, but not beat like a rented mule.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing. Why do some B1G fans say 'warsh' like they have a d1ck in their mouth instead of saying 'wash' like an American?

It's Washington, not Warshington. People don't warsh their fvkng clothes, they 'wash' them.
Cuz they got dicks in their mouths.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday in this thread can now be summed up easily.

SEC!!!! SEC!!!! SEC!!!!
Big10!!!! Big10!!!! Big10!!!!
Washington Sucks!!!!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top to bottom of the roster. OSU gets more guys drafted.

Weak sauce dude, how does your redshirts and guys who don't play help you win this year. You know your roster and your rotation, give a legitimate number on who plays to help you win games against real teams, not Nebraska, then make a bet.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Score estimates:

Alabama 45 Washington 20
Ohio State 44 Washington 23
michigan 34 Washington 17
Clemson 42 Washington 30
Louisville 49 Washington 41

This is if both teams are playing at the top of their game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban has done a good job turning those guys into great players. I would consider UW elite(top 4/5) in terms of talent this year. The one weak spot is O-line. But they have an elite QB, elite secondary, an elite RB and very good Wr's, LB's, and D-line. My guess would be that at least 80% of their starters this year will be drafted at some point.

I agree but to point out, when you play the best of the best one of the most important factors is having elite o-line play.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak sauce dude, how does your redshirts and guys who don't play help you win this year. You know your roster and your rotation, give a legitimate number on who plays to help you win games against real teams, not Nebraska, then make a bet.
I don't need to make a bet or do anything. You're the one challenging me. I don't know Washington that well, but I know OSU's damn well. A combination of recruiting rankings and Urban Meyer's history of churning out talent leads me to believe nobody outside of Bama is putting more guys into the league at this point, and it's a pretty well-founded thought.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree that they're top 5ish. However, I don't see their talent level as being close to the likes of Alabama, Ohio State, or Clemson, and michigan is at least on Washington's level and is still getting in elite recruits every year. I could honestly see just as many guys drafted off of Florida State even, they're just not as well-coached.

From a depth perspective, they are behind Alabama and Ohio State IMO. But they are right up there with Clemson and Michigan IMO. I'd say Clemson has more talent on offense, but UW has more talent on defense. And vice versa with Michigan. Washington is more talented on offense than Michigan is, but Michigan is more talented than Washington on defense.

Out of the 5 teams, I'd say Michigan's talent is the one with the least potential because they are all seniors. Kind of a perfect storm for them this year. None of them were good enough to leave early and be drafted where they wanted to be. With that said they are extremely well coached, and put in position to succeed.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to make a bet or do anything. You're the one challenging me. I don't know Washington that well, but I know OSU's damn well. A combination of recruiting rankings and Urban Meyer's history of churning out talent leads me to believe nobody outside of Bama is putting more guys into the league at this point, and it's a pretty well-founded thought.

I'm not challenging you, I made a prediction, you said I'm nuts so I rebutted with a "bet" but then you come back with our redshirts vs their redshirts. I don't know either of your teams redshirts or guys that stand on the sidelinestate. Not exactly a fair assessment in saying dudes who don't play have anything to do with this season.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a depth perspective, they are behind Alabama and Ohio State IMO. But they are right up there with Clemson and Michigan IMO. I'd say Clemson has more talent on offense, but UW has more talent on defense. And vice versa with Michigan. Washington is more talented on offense than Michigan is, but Michigan is more talented than Washington on defense.

Out of the 5 teams, I'd say Michigan's talent is the one with the least potential because they are all seniors. Kind of a perfect storm for them this year. None of them were good enough to leave early and be drafted where they wanted to be. With that said they are extremely well coached, and put in position to succeed.
This is a big part of why I give them the nod over Washington. Their defense is so disciplined. When they're playing at the top of their game, they are an absolute nightmare.

I have nothing against Washington. In fact, I'm rooting for them to take over the Pac 12. I love their history and have a tremendous amount of respect for Petersen and what he's accomplished. However, this is a team that won just 7 games last year and has only beaten 1 ranked team this year. They have a long way to go before they can start to be mentioned along with the elites in terms of talent.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not challenging you, I made a prediction, you said I'm nuts so I rebutted with a "bet" but then you come back with our redshirts vs their redshirts. I don't know either of your teams redshirts or guys that stand on the sidelinestate. Not exactly a fair assessment in saying dudes who don't play have anything to do with this season.
I didn't say our redshirts vs. their redshirts. I said our current roster, top to bottom, will have more players drafted than Washington's current roster, top to bottom. Simple as that.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but to point out, when you play the best of the best one of the most important factors is having elite o-line play.

I agree. When we played Bama in the title game it was glaring how much better they were in the trenches. We had good players in those positions, Bama had great players in those positions.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy to think about bc though they have the youngest team in the nation and 12 guys drafted last year lol
Nick Bosa technically isn't a starter and he's on track to be drafted no lower than Joey. I wish Barrett would go pro after this year so we could see Burrow. He has pro potential.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a big part of why I give them the nod over Washington. Their defense is so disciplined. When they're playing at the top of their game, they are an absolute nightmare.

I have nothing against Washington. In fact, I'm rooting for them to take over the Pac 12. I love their history and have a tremendous amount of respect for Petersen and what he's accomplished. However, this is a team that won just 7 games last year and has only beaten 1 ranked team this year. They have a long way to go before they can start to be mentioned along with the elites in terms of talent.

Yeah their defense is tremendous. I think the offense has it's limitations, and it would be interesting to see them go up against a team like Bama, OSU, Clemson etc. who have dudes on the D-line.

I'd love to see a UW/Colorado Pac 12 title game. I'm glad the Pac 12 CG is now a neutral field game.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say our redshirts vs. their redshirts. I said our current roster, top to bottom, will have more players drafted than Washington's current roster, top to bottom. Simple as that.

Hence why I said name a number of dudes your counting as playing. Guys who are on the roster that don't play doesn't have one ounce to do with what I'm saying. I could say we our 94 roster was better than UW or Oregon's 94 roster but I can't count Ryan Leaf on that roster since he wasn't playing.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happened to Smiles ID? I remember you two going at it in threads that would go on for pages and pages. Good Times. I think it was you that called him out on being a Green Beret AND Ranger or something.

It was Stoopsdeman I exposed as another internet G.I. Joe !

SmilesId was always promoting BSU as the best. I used to rag him about their schedule.

Fun times !

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browning can scramble decent enough although he's no dual threat QB by a long shot. That and some screen passes to slow down Bama's rush. I just don't see Washington getting curb stomped by anyone this year. Beat maybe, but not beat like a rented mule.

Here is the problem, and it is the same problem UM will have if we play Bama, decent scrambling doesn't work when the guys chasing you are faster than you.

And if screen passes were all you had to do -- everyone would run them repeatedly on Bama. The problem is -- they have stud athletes all over the field. The one weak spot over the last year or two is intermediate to deep routes. The QB's who have been able to take advantage of this -- Chad Kelly and DeShaun Watson. Both can beat you on the ground (they have 35 rushing tds between the two in their career) and both can beat you with their arm.

Even if UM were to beat OSU and go on to face Bama at some point. I think OSU has a better chance to beat Bama than Michigan.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Years ago when CBSSports was still going...I would wait till November and then do a similar thread about Boise State.

Good times ! :dhd:

Funny you should mention Boise St. As I was reading this thread I was thinking that a lot of the naysayers on Washington seem to think that they're this year's Boise St.

Oklahoma thought they would steamroll a Chris Petersen coached Boise team and we all saw how that turned out. I'm not saying Washington would win, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a closer game than a lot of people in this thread expect.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Score estimates:

Alabama 45 Washington 20
Ohio State 44 Washington 23
michigan 34 Washington 17
Clemson 42 Washington 30
Louisville 49 Washington 41

This is if both teams are playing at the top of their game.
Thanks for sharing.