• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An Inconvenient Truth About Washington....

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you should mention Boise St. As I was reading this thread I was thinking that a lot of the naysayers on Washington seem to think that they're this year's Boise St.

Oklahoma thought they would steamroll a Chris Petersen coached Boise team and we all saw how that turned out. I'm not saying Washington would win, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a closer game than a lot of people in this thread expect.

Could be. I would eat a lot of crow for this thread if the Huskies win it all ! :nod:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington has been a surprise if you simply look at the fact that they're unbeaten. However, when you look at how big of a nosedive the Pac 12 has taken this year, it's not surprising. When your best win is over Utah, it's not saying much. Stanford is a shell of what they were last year, Oregon is a complete dumpster fire, and that isn't leaving much else. Is Washington State really that good? They've struggled mightily recently against some bad teams. It would shock me to see Washington beat a team like Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State or michigan, given that they are as young as they are, and that they are really untested. They played two ranked teams last year, both double digit losses, and have faced one ranked team this year. OSU and Alabama have faced that many ranked teams in the last month.
Again you want to go back to the circle jerk and I'm not interested in it. These are fools arguments and are entirely irrelevant. Completely. It requires a lot of speculation to come to any conclusions over who they would or would not beat moving forward. They are now undefeated and if they remain that way they are in the playoffs. There is always that possibility they won't win out anyway which if they are as bad as some of you want to claim will end up working itself out in the process.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you want to go back to the circle jerk and I'm not interested in it. These are fools arguments and are entirely irrelevant. Completely. It requires a lot of speculation to come to any conclusions over who they would or would not beat moving forward. They are now undefeated and if they remain that way they are in the playoffs. There is always that possibility they won't win out anyway which if they are as bad as some of you want to claim will end up working itself out in the process.

I will actually be pulling for the Huskies to upset someone in the playoffs if they make it.

I have no dog in the fight. Our mascot died, our coach got fired, we loss to Bama again....

What a year we've had ! :gaah:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going back to any circle jerk. I'm merely stating facts. I've said several times on here that Washington is a very talented team, but the fact remains that they are very young and untested. I'm not sure why that rattles your cage so much. Yes, if they're unbeaten, it would take some crazy scenario to keep them out of the playoff. This whole conversation, however, has been about right now. If the playoffs started today, it'd be difficult to say they've earned the nod. Clemson, OSU and michigan each have 3 ranked wins, while Alabama is convincingly moving through one of the hardest schedules in the nation. It's hard to say these aren't the 4 best resumes in the country to this point.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a circle jerk and who's cage is rattled? :L Sensitive much?

Jesus, some of you are quick to try to start fights. I'm not interested in aiding you on that. None of this matters in any way. At all.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going back to any circle jerk. I'm merely stating facts. I've said several times on here that Washington is a very talented team, but the fact remains that they are very young and untested. I'm not sure why that rattles your cage so much. Yes, if they're unbeaten, it would take some crazy scenario to keep them out of the playoff. This whole conversation, however, has been about right now. If the playoffs started today, it'd be difficult to say they've earned the nod. Clemson, OSU and michigan each have 3 ranked wins, while Alabama is convincingly moving through one of the hardest schedules in the nation. It's hard to say these aren't the 4 best resumes in the country to this point.
Two of Ohio st.'s "ranked wins", Oklahoma and Nebraska are probably the most overrated teams in the country. Oklahoma's best win is a toss up between K state and Texas Tech. Nebraska's, Wyoming or Indiana?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. I would eat a lot of crow for this thread if the Huskies win it all ! :nod:

Won't happen this year, but I could see them in a year or two being in the CFP again and making noise.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a circle jerk and who's cage is rattled? :L Sensitive much?

Jesus, some of you are quick to try to start fights. I'm not interested in aiding you on that. None of this matters in any way. At all.
You're the one who's cage is rattled. I was merely trying to explain the conversation to you and got immediately got pissy and called it a circle jerk. No need to get so upset, I already acknowledged that you guys are in if you're unbeaten. If you have an argument to what's being said, fire away, but if not there's no need to get so upset.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of Ohio st.'s "ranked wins", Oklahoma and Nebraska are probably the most overrated teams in the country. Oklahoma's best win is a toss up between K state and Texas Tech. Nebraska's, Wyoming or Indiana?
2/3 of Washington's schedule is under .500. OSU has faced more ranked teams than they have teams that are under .500.

Want to talk overrated? What has Utah done? This is the only ranked win you have this year, and unlike Nebraska and Oklahoma, they have a loss to a team with a losing record on their resume.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2/3 of Washington's schedule is under .500. OSU has faced more ranked teams than they have teams that are under .500.

Want to talk overrated? What has Utah done? This is the only ranked win you have this year, and unlike Nebraska and Oklahoma, they have a loss to a team with a losing record on their resume.
Oregon took Nebraska to the wire in Lincoln.
Who would be favored between Stanford and Wisky?
What about Utah and Oklahoma?
Tulsa/Idaho? Who gives a fuck.
NW gave you a run for your money and they have a losing record.
We both played Rutgers with similar results.
And you lost to Penn St.

You see, the schedules aren't that different right now.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't happen this year, but I could see them in a year or two being in the CFP again and making noise.
What do you see that makes you think they'll be better in a year or two?

Serious question, because Browning likely only has one year left, and next year will be a reloading year on defense. Not that that means they can't be in the discussion again, but still seams weird to say they need another year when they're loaded right now.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon took Nebraska to the wire in Lincoln. - And Nebraska is our 3rd best win.
Who would be favored between Stanford and Wisky? - LOL are you serious serious? Wisky by at least 13 on a neutral field.
What about Utah and Oklahoma? - Again, are you serious?? Oklahoma has the best offense in the nation.
Tulsa/Idaho? Who gives a fuck. - Tulsa is receiving votes to be ranked right now. They would be Washington's 2nd best win right now if you played them.
NW gave you a run for your money and they have a losing record. - Arizona gave Washington a run for their money and they're worse than NW.
We both played Rutgers with similar results. - No. Our margin of victor was 23 more points than yours. That is not similar.
And you lost to Penn St. - Who is ranked higher than anyone you've faced. Ya'll needed a very controversial punt return to beat Utah. Penn State, in that environment, would give you all you could handle.

You see, the schedules aren't that different right now.
Yes, they really are. There is a reason why Ohio State's SOS is 5th while Washington is barely top 40.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they are a little overrated as well. I'd have them in the 26-30 range more than likely. Their best performance was that they played UW close. USC gave the game away against Utah IMO. And then some of their other scores are beating BYU by 1, Oregon State by 5 and UCLA by 7(without Rosen). They aren't good on offense, and they are simply good on defense this year as opposed to last year when I would have considered them a great defense. They've been aided by schedule this year, played all the bad teams on the road and all the good/better teams at home.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might not know if Washington is top 4 . But we do know these teams who lost already gotta sit and hope they do lose or they are shit outta luck.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are a little overrated as well. I'd have them in the 26-30 range more than likely. Their best performance was that they played UW close. USC gave the game away against Utah IMO. And then some of their other scores are beating BYU by 1, Oregon State by 5 and UCLA by 7(without Rosen). They aren't good on offense, and they are simply good on defense this year as opposed to last year when I would have considered them a great defense. They've been aided by schedule this year, played all the bad teams on the road and all the good/better teams at home.
That USC game was an absurd ending. I was really surprised to see all the close calls Utah has had.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks ^^ ...It was rumored for the past week or so that he was going to come back in time for the ASU game and then this piece comes out this morning. This fvkn sucks.
Ugh... and he was a senior. That really, really sucks. Poor kid.