• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An Inconvenient Truth About Washington....

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're moving the goalposts with what I said which is where your disconnect is with my statement. I don't know either of yours or UW's depth or rotations.
What do you mean? Does Washington only play 22 players each and every game? OSU and Bama don't. That's why they are by far at the top of this conversation, let alone the fact that they have arguably the two most talented starting lineups in the game.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We needed this thread tbh. I get the sh1ts of UM and Ohio St. fans running their gob like those two programs walk on water. Fvk 'em is what I say.
OSU fans have earned the right to talk the talk, my friend. Remember back when Oregon was running all over everyone in the Pac 12? OSU shut them down - twice. Outside of the Pete Carroll USC days, the big boys of the Pac 12 just don't tend to stack up with the teams they face from east of the Mississippi.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We needed this thread tbh. I get the sh1ts of UM and Ohio St. fans running their gob like those two programs walk on water. Fvk 'em is what I say.

^^^This guy after every cupcake Washington beats
washington-state-fan-popcorn.gif

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU fans have earned the right to talk the talk, my friend. Remember back when Oregon was running all over everyone in the Pac 12? OSU shut them down - twice. Outside of the Pete Carroll USC days, the big boys of the Pac 12 just don't tend to stack up with the teams they face from east of the Mississippi.
I'm old enough to remember Don James Washington teams using the B1G like a cheap $20 crack h0 at a Howard Johnsons.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean? Does Washington only play 22 players each and every game? OSU and Bama don't. That's why they are by far at the top of this conversation, let alone the fact that they have arguably the two most talented starting lineups in the game.

Ok, what's the number on the depth chart for this bet that UW has more guys drafted? I know UW's best player isn't eligible for the draft this year so obviously it has to be spread out through the depth chart. What, top 30 guys getting the most snaps?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Darron Lee, except he was a QB before Meyer turned him into a 1st rounder at OLB. Malik Hooker is a 3* who is getting Ed Reed comparisons and will be a 1st rounder. Elflein was also a 3* who is going 1st/2nd round. He also has Robert Landers and DaVon Hamilton, both 3*, playing at an extremely high level right now.

I have nothing against Washington and acknowledge that they're a talented, well-coached team. However, they haven't gotten to that elite upper-echelon yet.

Urban has done a good job turning those guys into great players. I would consider UW elite(top 4/5) in terms of talent this year. The one weak spot is O-line. But they have an elite QB, elite secondary, an elite RB and very good Wr's, LB's, and D-line. My guess would be that at least 80% of their starters this year will be drafted at some point.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing. Why do some B1G fans say 'warsh' like they have a d1ck in their mouth instead of saying 'wash' like an American?

It's Washington, not Warshington. People don't warsh their fvkng clothes, they 'wash' them.

and melk. Drink your melk.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW has been very fortunate with team health. That's been a big part of this run. They do have a few banged up right now, but no major players are expected to not play this coming week. They do have plenty of depth and rotate quite a few guys, particularly on defense, but then who doesn't? And their blow out wins have given them lots of reps for the 2s and 3s which you really need to help them grow and be ready to jump in.

I'm not going to get between you and wazzy. Kind of odd watching a coug arguing in favor of anything UW related so I want to let that shit go and enjoy it. :lol:

TBH no one expected UW to be this far along this year because they are super young. There are like 3 senior starters on the D and one on the offense or something like that. A whole lot of underclassmen starters. You expect far more growing pains with that kind of a team and yet they have grown in leaps and bounds since the last 4 games of last season through now. Only Bama has a longer active winning streak and there are many other teams that have played soft schedules that don't have that.

I have no idea what UW would do right now today against Ohio State, Michigan, or Bama. Anyone who suggests they would win or for sure would lose hasn't watched much college football.

The question for now is who has earned the right to face the top teams in the playoffs and the old battle of quality losses vs weaker wins isn't going to go away.

Everyone wants to say that the committee is sending a loud lesson to all AD's about their schedule, but are they really? If UW still gets in going 13-0 because of that conf championship aren't they still just saying you have less margin of error, but schedule a weak OCC schedule and run the table you are still in anyway?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lord help you if you think far and away more Buckeyes on your starting 22 will get drafted than the Husky 22.

Nobody knows the answer to that right now. But if past history is any indication more Buckeyes will get drafted than Huskies. Just going back 5 years...

2016: Ohio State- 12 / Washington- 2
2015: Ohio State- 5 / Washington- 4
2014: Ohio State- 6 / Washington- 2
2013: Ohio State- 3 / Washington- 1
2012: Ohio State- 4 / Washington- 2

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW has been very fortunate with team health. That's been a big part of this run. They do have a few banged up right now, but no major players are expected to not play this coming week. They do have plenty of depth and rotate quite a few guys, particularly on defense, but then who doesn't? And their blow out wins have given them lots of reps for the 2s and 3s which you really need to help them grow and be ready to jump in.

I'm not going to get between you and wazzy. Kind of odd watching a coug arguing in favor of anything UW related so I want to let that shit go and enjoy it. :lol:

TBH no one expected UW to be this far along this year because they are super young. There are like 3 senior starters on the D and one on the offense or something like that. A whole lot of underclassmen starters. You expect far more growing pains with that kind of a team and yet they have grown in leaps and bounds since the last 4 games of last season through now. Only Bama has a longer active winning streak and there are many other teams that have played soft schedules that don't have that.

I have no idea what UW would do right now today against Ohio State, Michigan, or Bama. Anyone who suggests they would win or for sure would lose hasn't watched much college football.

The question for now is who has earned the right to face the top teams in the playoffs and the old battle of quality losses vs weaker wins isn't going to go away.

Everyone wants to say that the committee is sending a loud lesson to all AD's about their schedule, but are they really? If UW still gets in going 13-0 because of that conf championship aren't they still just saying you have less margin of error, but schedule a weak OCC schedule and run the table you are still in anyway?
Joe Mathis probably won't play until the ASU game and he's a beast.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, what's the number on the depth chart for this bet that UW has more guys drafted? I know UW's best player isn't eligible for the draft this year so obviously it has to be spread out through the depth chart. What, top 30 guys getting the most snaps?
Top to bottom of the roster. OSU gets more guys drafted.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban has done a good job turning those guys into great players. I would consider UW elite(top 4/5) in terms of talent this year. The one weak spot is O-line. But they have an elite QB, elite secondary, an elite RB and very good Wr's, LB's, and D-line. My guess would be that at least 80% of their starters this year will be drafted at some point.
I would agree that they're top 5ish. However, I don't see their talent level as being close to the likes of Alabama, Ohio State, or Clemson, and michigan is at least on Washington's level and is still getting in elite recruits every year. I could honestly see just as many guys drafted off of Florida State even, they're just not as well-coached.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Mathis probably won't play until the ASU game and he's a beast.
I thought Jude said there was a good chance he returns, must have read that wrong.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might but he just had his foot cast removed less than two weeks ago.
Actually, just reported that mathis is gone for the year. Foot surgery. :tsk:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama may beat Washington, but they won't steam roll 'em. You can that to the bank.

AG -- I think Washington is a quality team. I just think a soft schedule has given them a false sense of hope. Alabama is a completely different animal than anything Washington has seen. Unless Browning becomes a mobile QB prior to the CFP, Washington is going to get steam rolled.

Washington is tied for 46th in sacks allowed. What do you think Bama is going to do to your OL?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington has been a surprise if you simply look at the fact that they're unbeaten. However, when you look at how big of a nosedive the Pac 12 has taken this year, it's not surprising. When your best win is over Utah, it's not saying much. Stanford is a shell of what they were last year, Oregon is a complete dumpster fire, and that isn't leaving much else. Is Washington State really that good? They've struggled mightily recently against some bad teams. It would shock me to see Washington beat a team like Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State or michigan, given that they are as young as they are, and that they are really untested. They played two ranked teams last year, both double digit losses, and have faced one ranked team this year. OSU and Alabama have faced that many ranked teams in the last month.