• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An Inconvenient Truth About Washington....

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing. Why do some B1G fans say 'warsh' like they have a d1ck in their mouth instead of saying 'wash' like an American?

It's Washington, not Warshington. People don't warsh their fvkng clothes, they 'wash' them.
Blame that on the UPers and Wisconsin folks. I can't figure that shit out either.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a beautiful job done in regards to a troll thread. I have to give the LSU poster kudos on this one. 28+ pages and still going. I couldn't have done a better job myself.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a beautiful job done in regards to a troll thread. I have to give the LSU poster kudos on this one. 28+ pages and still going. I couldn't have done a better job myself.
n6Yy3ol4.jpg

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State, far and away. It's not even close. I'd also strongly argue Clemson and michigan. I can't even begin to figure out where you come up with this assertion.
I wouldn't expect you too. You are use to 10 guys getting drafted every year off of Ohio st, that it seems impossible for another team to have equal or similar NFL talent. UW has NFL players at every level of both sides of the ball. Their whole secondary will get drafted, two LB's probably will, and probably 3 d-lineman. They have a Heisman QB, a sophomore RB with back to back 1000 yard seasons and a WR that's second in the nation with 13 TD's. They have a top notch return man as well. Their offensive line is probably their weak spot and that has NFL talent as well with Trey Adams.

It doesn't matter how many "5 star recruits" you get and there can only be 11 players on the field at one time.

So if you can't "begin to Figure" that out, that's on you.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ! Ha ! They sure are viewing and responding to the thread !

It doesn't matter what they are saying, it only matters that they are paying attention to your Husky team !

You definitely have gotten some attention in this thread !

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Years ago when CBSSports was still going...I would wait till November and then do a similar thread about Boise State.

Good times ! :dhd:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't expect you too. You are use to 10 guys getting drafted every year off of Ohio st, that it seems impossible for another team to have equal or similar NFL talent. UW has NFL players at every level of both sides of the ball. Their whole secondary will get drafted, two LB's probably will, and probably 3 d-lineman. They have a Heisman QB, a sophomore RB with back to back 1000 yard seasons and a WR that's second in the nation with 13 TD's. They have a top notch return man as well. Their offensive line is probably their weak spot and that has NFL talent as well with Trey Adams.

It doesn't matter how many "5 star recruits" you get and there can only be 11 players on the field at one time.

So if you can't "begin to Figure" that out, that's on you.
Actually, it does. There's a reason why the National Champ every year is usually a team that is bringing in top-flight recruits, as well. It's not a coincidence that OSU, Bama and FSU have won the last 5 National Championships and also are routinely near or at the top of the recruiting rankings.

It doesn't seem impossible for another team to have equal or similar NFL talent. That team, however, is not Washington. They have talent, yes. They don't have OSU talent yet. There's a very real chance that between 9-11 of their starters on defense are drafted, with up to 3-4 of them being first rounders. It's not that different on offense, with maybe Dontre Wilson being the only one who isn't drafted.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State, far and away. It's not even close. I'd also strongly argue Clemson and michigan. I can't even begin to figure out where you come up with this assertion.

I don't know if I would put Washington 2nd, but they have a shit load of talent, and it's well coached. They also start 8 sophomores and only start 5 seniors. Michigan starts something like 20 seniors and a lot of them are red shirt seniors.

Ohio State has more talent in terms of highly regarded prospects, but if there's one coach that can turn a 2/3 star into an NFL player it's Peterson. Just an example, Sidney Jones was 3 star out of high school and in only his junior season he's projected to be a 1st rounder.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 24 hours ! Way to go ! :dhd:

upload_2016-11-7_13-28-50.png

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well lord help you if you think far and away more Buckeyes on your starting 22 will get drafted than the Husky 22. It will be hard to make some kind of bet on that since some may not come out this year but figure out a way to bookmark it and figure out a bet.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I would put Washington 2nd, but they have a shit load of talent, and it's well coached. They also start 8 sophomores and only start 5 seniors. Michigan starts something like 20 seniors and a lot of them are red shirt seniors.

Ohio State has more talent in terms of highly regarded prospects, but if there's one coach that can turn a 2/3 star into an NFL player it's Peterson. Just an example, Sidney Jones was 3 star out of high school and in only his junior season he's projected to be a 1st rounder.
Just like Darron Lee, except he was a QB before Meyer turned him into a 1st rounder at OLB. Malik Hooker is a 3* who is getting Ed Reed comparisons and will be a 1st rounder. Elflein was also a 3* who is going 1st/2nd round. He also has Robert Landers and DaVon Hamilton, both 3*, playing at an extremely high level right now.

I have nothing against Washington and acknowledge that they're a talented, well-coached team. However, they haven't gotten to that elite upper-echelon yet.

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Years ago when CBSSports was still going...I would wait till November and then do a similar thread about Boise State.

Good times ! :dhd:
Whatever happened to Smiles ID? I remember you two going at it in threads that would go on for pages and pages. Good Times. I think it was you that called him out on being a Green Beret AND Ranger or something.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lord help you if you think far and away more Buckeyes on your starting 22 will get drafted than the Husky 22. It will be hard to make some kind of bet on that since some may not come out this year but figure out a way to bookmark it and figure out a bet.
Actually that's exactly my point. It goes way beyond the starting 22. OSU is the only team who can come close to the depth Bama has. We're rotating in 4/5* guys on our second team on both sides of the ball.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just Washington. One of my favorite memories was when big fat mouth fvkhead Woody Hayes and his overrated team came into the Rose Bowl vs a Terry Donahue coached UCLA team and got boat raced. It was a year or two after that when that nutcase went off on the Clemson player and they finally put that old fvk out to pasture.

Woody has more National Championships then Washington does in their history. Overrated :pound:

I'm sorry for your loss. Fans like you are why I want to root against Washington even though I want to see them beat the best of the best. It's best you keep your mouth shut old man river.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly was the Michigan St. game vs Bama. If you think Bama is going to steamroll a Chris Petersen coached Washington team anything like they did the B1G champions last year then you got another thing coming. People in the midwest don't know jack fvking sh1t about Washington football. This is like a time warp all over again. Bo Schembechler and Woody Hayes were two of the whiny'st cvnts to ever coach the game and all they did was give their sh1t projections to the press right up until the Rose Bowl were they usually got curb stomped. Dejavu all over again.

Yes. Bama will steam roll Washington if they play them. And I couldn't care less about teams from the 60's and 70's from the Midwest. I'm talking about the team from the south, who has had the #1 recruiting class for 7 straight years and has more 5 star recruits on their bench waiting their turn than Washington will see in 10 years.

If it makes you feel better. I think Alabama will beat whoever they face this year. I just think the other teams will keep it slightly closer because they will have faced other quality teams to help prepare them.

I'm all for fandom for your favorite team, but take off the blinders when talking to other CFB fans. I will put it in perspective for you -- from 2013-2016, Budda Baker is the highest ranked recruit brought in by Washington over the last 4 years at 55th nationally. Over that same time period, Alabama has signed 29, that is twenty nine recruits ranked higher.

CFB is about who can collect the most talent. No one does it better than Bama right now. To take it a step further. Bama has TWENTY 5 star recruits in the last 4 years. Washington has 0.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woody has more National Championships then Washington does in their history. Overrated :pound:

I'm sorry for your loss. Fans like you are why I want to root against Washington even though I want to see them beat the best of the best. It's best you keep your mouth shut old man river.
Woody was a fat mouth nutcase pos who belonged in a straight jacket.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Bama will steam roll Washington if they play them. And I couldn't care less about teams from the 60's and 70's from the Midwest. I'm talking about the team from the south, who has had the #1 recruiting class for 7 straight years and has more 5 star recruits on their bench waiting their turn than Washington will see in 10 years.

If it makes you feel better. I think Alabama will beat whoever they face this year. I just think the other teams will keep it slightly closer because they will have faced other quality teams to help prepare them.

I'm all for fandom for your favorite team, but take off the blinders when talking to other CFB fans. I will put it in perspective for you -- from 2013-2016, Budda Baker is the highest ranked recruit brought in by Washington over the last 4 years at 55th nationally. Over that same time period, Alabama has signed 29, that is twenty nine recruits ranked higher.

CFB is about who can collect the most talent. No one does it better than Bama right now. To take it a step further. Bama has TWENTY 5 star recruits in the last 4 years. Washington has 0.
Bama may beat Washington, but they won't steam roll 'em. You can that to the bank.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that's exactly my point. It goes way beyond the starting 22. OSU is the only team who can come close to the depth Bama has. We're rotating in 4/5* guys on our second team on both sides of the ball.

Now you're moving the goalposts with what I said which is where your disconnect is with my statement. I don't know either of yours or UW's depth or rotations.