• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An Inconvenient Truth About Washington....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you see that makes you think they'll be better in a year or two?

Serious question, because Browning likely only has one year left, and next year will be a reloading year on defense. Not that that means they can't be in the discussion again, but still seams weird to say they need another year when they're loaded right now.

You start 8 sophomores and only 4 seniors. With the success UW has had this year, it will only help out in recruiting. I don't see a mass exodus of underclassmen leaving the program -- you could lose Baker and possibly Jones. With so many returning -- I wouldn't be surprised to see them do what Jourdan Lewis and Jake Butt did at UM and come back (both were all-american's last year).

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alaska started it....he seems like an old grumpy fart :pound:
I haven't went back and checked ... but I'm pretty sure it was Ohio St. and Michigan posters that started in on Washington first ... not positive but that's what I'm thinking.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif
104e935ea8.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You start 8 sophomores and only 4 seniors. With the success UW has had this year, it will only help out in recruiting. I don't see a mass exodus of underclassmen leaving the program -- you could lose Baker and possibly Jones. With so many returning -- I wouldn't be surprised to see them do what Jourdan Lewis and Jake Butt did at UM and come back (both were all-american's last year).
If Ross, Baker, and Jones leave this year it's hard to imagine them taking any kind of massive step forward in this absence. Browning coming back and having Gaskin, Pettis, and most of that line in tact bodes well even if Ross isn't there, but hard to know what kind of pass rush and secondary they will have.

Sure, they could still get better. Any time you have a world class QB you have to like your chances and this staff has done wonders on defense ever since coming to this campus.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey trustme, you owe me an avy.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Wooching, King, Mathis for sure. I'd be shocked if Jones, and Victor are back, Baker probably won't be back. So that's the star of the D line, probably losing both star line backers, losing at least one star corner, probably both, and probably the stud safety.

Petersen is killing it as far as recruiting goes, I'm not worried about the future, but that's a lot to lose on defense to say next year will be the year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't went back and checked ... but I'm pretty sure it was Ohio St. and Michigan posters that started in on Washington first ... not positive but that's what I'm thinking.

Mkay, thanks for the update gramps lol

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Wooching, King, Mathis for sure. I'd be shocked if Jones, and Victor are back, Baker probably won't be back. So that's the star of the D line, probably losing both star line backers, losing at least one star corner, probably both, and probably the stud safety.

Petersen is killing it as far as recruiting goes, I'm not worried about the future, but that's a lot to lose on defense to say next year will be the year.
Of all the ones that might come out the one that's almost a lock is Ross. He knows all too well how injuries can derail your career and he's putting up video game numbers. I can't imagine he returns and risks another injury taking out his massive payday at the next level. Baker is probably gone given so many scouts talking about him as a very high first round pick. Jones and Victor I don't really have a feel for their decision, but that's a whole lot of juniors that might be coming out. Mathis and Wooching graduating out are both huge as well.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington lost three guys in the 1st round of the NFL draft and a 2nd rounder ... all on the defensive side of the ball and Washington ended up leading the PAC in defense the following year. That was Petersen's first year as UW's HC. He's almost to the point to where he just reloads.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington lost three guys in the 1st round of the NFL draft and a 2nd rounder ... all on the defensive side of the ball and Washington ended up leading the PAC in defense the following year. That was Petersen's first year as UW's HC. He's almost to the point to where he just reloads.
Yeah I'm confident he will. I wouldn't be shocked if they plug the next guys in and keep clicking, but at the same time, we know what they have right now, they're loaded with NFL talent. I'm not suggesting it has to happen this year, more just trying to understand how someone looks at the team, who's for sure leaving, and who's most likely leaving, and says "nope, these guys need one more year."

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you are saying Ohio St's opponents are overrated and suck with the 5th best SOS, what does that say about Washington's? It means they haven't played a soul all year. Congrats!
I'm not saying they suck, I'm saying that the schedules are more alike than different.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't watch much football THIS YEAR do you. In previous years, this is true. This is the worst Stanford team especially in the trenches that we have seen in awhile now. And Wisky looks really good this year.
They look really good on defense, but they struggle to score. I'd love to see those teams mash it up. Stanford ends the year with at least 9 wins.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying they suck, I'm saying that the schedules are more alike than different.

I disagree. Ohio State didn't play an FCS school this year. Washington did, Portland State.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly OP was trying very hard to start a shit storm.....

:clap: congrads they should make you a mod around here!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you are losing 3 for sure, with two other possibilities? If he has been killing it recruiting, it seems you would have guys ready to take over, plus 6-8 guys returning. Plus an offense with all of your weapons returning.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Ohio State didn't play an FCS school this year. Washington did, Portland State.
Bowling green = Portland state this year. They haven't beat a fbs team this year and their only win is a big sky team by 1

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowling green = Portland state this year

Bowling Green isn't good but they aren't an FCS program. So Bowling Green > Portland State.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are losing 3 for sure, with two other possibilities? If he has been killing it recruiting, it seems you would have guys ready to take over, plus 6-8 guys returning. Plus an offense with all of your weapons returning.
Uh... losing 3 for sure, with 3 (I'd say more than) possibilities. That's more than half the starting defense... and yes they should be fine and ready to keep going, but that's not the point here. I just wanted to know why you don't think this is the year, but next year is, when we're probably gonna lose half our defense. Usually when someone makes that comment about a team it's because they're really young and returning a bunch of NFL prospects, we're looking at the opposite of that on defense.

Offense is a different story. If you were just looking at the offense I'd agree with you.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington will lose John Ross (WR) who's going 1st round after this season. He's a one man army.

11831a8eda.jpg