• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An Inconvenient Truth About Washington....

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good. I'm happy we finally won the game, so use my week as a breather before the others
Yo give him this
5zD6gdK.png

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never pumping up Minnesota. I've never said they're anything more than an average team. However, given the fact that they're actually receiving votes and would undoubtedly be ranked if they were to win this weekend, it's still closer to a quality win than those other 3 teams, who will likely not come close to being ranked anymore this year.

They might, but they actually have to win those games. After watching them get dismantled by a decent but not great Okie State, I'm doubting they're able to beat Oklahoma, and Baylor is not going to be ranked by season's end. They're barely holding on right now at 25th.

You said Minnesota was a better opponent then the three (BYU, TCU, Kstate) I stated. You were absolutely pumping up Minnesota. You proved that by saying Minnesota is "still closer to a quality win than those other 3 teams." GTFO with that. I would challenge that if those other 3 teams I mentioned had minnys schedule, said teams would be better then 7-2. Minnesota has a backloaded (if you really want to call it that) schedule. Anything other then 7-5 will be shocking to most.

No, they don't have to win those games for them to have a tougher schedule. Actually for SoS, losing those games would prolly be better. Furthermore, sure the score was bad but we didn't get dismantled by okie st. 3 possessions in which we turned the ball over was the difference in the game. It was the exact amount we lost by. Yes WVU lost that game, no excuses they should have been better. But they not once got manhandled.

I agree with you that I doubt we will beat OU, and even if Baylor goes unranked we'd more then likely played more ranked teams then PSU. again, that has to count for something.

***side note
I hope you kick the ever living shit out of TTUN

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me what the hell that cake reward means?? I have no damn clue

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing how LSU held Bama to 10 pts. while not scoring a single fvkng point themselves I think LSU should get the 4th playoff spot. Nothing says 'quality football' like not scoring any points at home.
meh, our offense isn't exactly striking fear in anyone's hearts the past couple of years

against that bama D? i wasn't expecting too much really

don't know why you're going after LSU, we're not in the mix

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, our offense isn't exactly striking fear in anyone's hearts the past couple of years

against that bama D? i wasn't expecting too much really

don't know why you're going after LSU, we're not in the mix
Who started this thread?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington lost three guys in the 1st round of the NFL draft and a 2nd rounder ... all on the defensive side of the ball and Washington ended up leading the PAC in defense the following year. That was Petersen's first year as UW's HC. He's almost to the point to where he just reloads.

I will say this -- the Washington fan base is a confident bunch. In reality though -- there are very few schools who 'reload' instead of rebuild. Teams like Alabama and Ohio State reload -- because they have multiple years of top 5 recruiting classes. I'm hoping and praying someday UM will be able to do this, but I'd be foolish to say we won't see a big drop next year when we lose 15 or 16 starters, with only one full recruiting class for Harbaugh on the team.

What Washington has going for them is very good skill position players coming back on offense and your offense is what makes Washington as good as you are.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington isn't Wisconsin either.

Wisconsin has one of the best defenses in the country -- on offense though, they are not going to run the score up on anyone.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Washington has going for them is very good skill position players coming back on offense and your offense is what makes Washington as good as you are.

What they have is a damn good coach. If a coach is good and knows what skill set his recruits have, he can develop accordingly.

Coach Petersen is that kind of coach. He did much the same at Boise St.

Took 2 and 3 star recruits and made them play at a higher level.

I wish he were looking to come to BR ! :nod:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this -- the Washington fan base is a confident bunch. In reality though -- there are very few schools who 'reload' instead of rebuild. Teams like Alabama and Ohio State reload -- because they have multiple years of top 5 recruiting classes. I'm hoping and praying someday UM will be able to do this, but I'd be foolish to say we won't see a big drop next year when we lose 15 or 16 starters, with only one full recruiting class for Harbaugh on the team.

Washington is solid on both sides of the ball. The defense has a projected 10 starters that are NFL bound not to mention Washington leads the PAC in points allowed. The UW secondary is one of the best in the country according to multiple sites.