• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said I don't go to many other spots here on the hoop. Occasionally, I go to the fantasy football and the nfl general but never enough to notice what he may have done on those boards. I know he had a problem with the new posters but I thought that had been worked out somewhat. Now mitziman and him have gone back and forth for awhile. Just the time frame of the posts the other day is what I noticed. He was into it with mitziman. Cali came back with good luck. He then said something at 11:51. At 8:50 Cali asks him to explain himself. Whether he did through pm or on this board and it was erased I don't know. 3 hours later he was gone. I can't speak for him but I was still crying I my beer at that time. Again, his past actions on other boards I really don't know, but what he did on Sunday seemed very minor. Mods have tuff jobs, I understand.

Ah I gotcha now. No, I didn't see anything with Mitzi the other day. This stuff is more about things that have been simmering for months now and not any one conversation or one thing said.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please.......
enough already

oh......it's the smacktalk thread and you're just stirring a little here as well.

Onward Mod Power!

Cali. My point was this is what you chose as your last straw. Read it again...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But he was replying to her quote. In her quote he bolded HTTR. This usually means he is talking about that.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, until recently I thought that meant hater but it means hail to the redskins. He then clarified it was smack talk thread.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Onward thru the fog! I'll miss PDay

On another note what happened to Twist?

In my Vince Lombardi voice- "what the hell is going on out there?"

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heater, I know your history with Pday. I wish you guys could have buried the hatchet. I disagreed with what you did with your first post here but I have never bothered with trolls. At the time , I thought you were just trying to poke a stick. After a couple of more post by you I saw a different side and knew you were just screwing around. He never gave in however and he may never would have. Can't speak for him. He always used the terms thick skin. Believe me, over the course of my time posting with him, we have gone back in forth many times and I had to have that thick skin.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read Ford's post!

I read Ford's post and don't need to read it again. I also know he just had a short term 'put you on notice' ban. I also read between the lines that it seems to at least be in part to people crying (either in private, or in public) to the mods. People who likely were giving it as much as they were getting it. His last action was what was chosen to highlight and then permanently ban him. If he had such a history of non-stop inappropriate posts, then why not at least wait for one of those posts? IMO, you can't ban someone for something they said in the past, that you knew about and didn't act on at the time. It came off as a petty act of 'I'll show you not to mess with me'. Again, I like Cali it's not about that and I like Ford too. I also have interacted with people on the other boards and enjoy that as well.

I'm not saying he didn't bring this on himself - heck, I've said a lot of things on here that could have had me banned too. I am not one to ever advocate for banning anyone unless they talk about people's family or make some kind of weird threat. I wouldn't have banned BJJ or some of the others either even though I may not have cared for their posts. Look at the "Ryan Williams signed to practice squad thread". I never saw PDay make comments like some others did in that thread and they not only weren't admonished in any way, but the response was almost as if they were justified for what they said.

Bottom line is the board has rules and the Mods are here to enforce them and most of the mods I've interacted with are good posters as well as fair mods. It's really not a big deal to be banned from an anonymous message board when there are a million more out there. I just think it sets a bad precedent with the way it was handled.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last straw... Yes, you do have a point there. What you don't seem to understand is this was a much larger issue than this 'point' you are focusing on.

So yes, you have a legit point BUT and this is a big BUT...

That post is only one small instance in a pattern of behavior that obviously wasn't changing. Alone, it means nothing. With the full body of work, it shows complete disregard or respect for everyone involved with the Hoop. Not just me as a mod, but all mods and the job we do voluntarily.

If you want to believe it was that single post and my personal butthurt that led to his ban, so be it. Not everyone is going to agree on this. I get that.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heater, I know your history with Pday. I wish you guys could have buried the hatchet. I disagreed with what you did with your first post here but I have never bothered with trolls. At the time , I thought you were just trying to poke a stick. After a couple of more post by you I saw a different side and knew you were just screwing around. He never gave in however and he may never would have. Can't speak for him. He always used the terms thick skin. Believe me, over the course of my time posting with him, we have gone back in forth many times and I had to have that thick skin.

You all never gave anyone from FN a chance. We were ambushed from the beginning, but I'm not going to rehash that. I'm done with that..It was over 2 months ago. After that I had no encounters with Pday. I haven't really posted that much over here since.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last straw... Yes, you do have a point there. What you don't seem to understand is this was a much larger issue than this 'point' you are focusing on.

So yes, you have a legit point BUT and this is a big BUT...

That post is only one small instance in a pattern of behavior that obviously wasn't changing. Alone, it means nothing. With the full body of work, it shows complete disregard or respect for everyone involved with the Hoop. Not just me as a mod, but all mods and the job we do voluntarily.

If you want to believe it was that single post and my personal butthurt that led to his ban, so be it. Not everyone is going to agree on this. I get that.

Nope. Read my post again if you must. I fully understood all of that. So if it was such a pattern of behavior that wasn't changing, then why not wait for one of those posts?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Ford's post and don't need to read it again. I also know he just had a short term 'put you on notice' ban. I also read between the lines that it seems to at least be in part to people crying (either in private, or in public) to the mods. People who likely were giving it as much as they were getting it. His last action was what was chosen to highlight and then permanently ban him. If he had such a history of non-stop inappropriate posts, then why not at least wait for one of those posts? IMO, you can't ban someone for something they said in the past, that you knew about and didn't act on at the time. It came off as a petty act of 'I'll show you not to mess with me'. Again, I like Cali it's not about that and I like Ford too. I also have interacted with people on the other boards and enjoy that as well.

I'm not saying he didn't bring this on himself - heck, I've said a lot of things on here that could have had me banned too. I am not one to ever advocate for banning anyone unless they talk about people's family or make some kind of weird threat. I wouldn't have banned BJJ or some of the others either even though I may not have cared for their posts. Look at the "Ryan Williams signed to practice squad thread". I never saw PDay make comments like some others did in that thread and they not only weren't admonished in any way, but the response was almost as if they were justified for what they said.

Bottom line is the board has rules and the Mods are here to enforce them and most of the mods I've interacted with are good posters as well as fair mods. It's really not a big deal to be banned from an anonymous message board when there are a million more out there. I just think it sets a bad precedent with the way it was handled.

Like I said and I'm saying this for the last time. I didn't have any conversations in any way with him since July. I had no involvement in his banning. You are free to think otherwise. But you'd be wrong.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heater you are wrong in saying nobody gave you guys a chance. I talked to Otis daily as did twist. I never got into who of where people came from. I could care less. To me it was just more people to talk football or whatever.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all never gave anyone from FN a chance. We were ambushed from the beginning, but I'm not going to rehash that. I'm done with that..It was over 2 months ago. After that I had no encounters with Pday. I haven't really posted that much over here since.

That was bull shit then and it's bull shit now and all you have done for the past 2 months is rehash it any chance you get. No one even knew what FN was at the time. We just knew someone came on talking shit about the Cowboys on a Cowboy Board in the middle of a Cowboy discussion. See that as you will...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Read my post again if you must. I fully understood all of that. So if it was such a pattern of behavior that wasn't changing, then why not wait for one of those posts?

And I'll point out, why bother? The style obviously wasn't changing after multiple opportunities to do so. After the ban, there were continued examples of this already. Sometimes, enough is enough.

It is not necessary to list PDays posting history to justify this banning or wait for one more post ...to show what this pattern of behavior was.

If you can't take Fordmans word that multiple instances occurred and multiple PMs occured that led to this, I don't know what to tell you. Some things are bigger than what is seen on the open board.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but what is left is what happened on the open board.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarntt brings up the open board and yes that's what we are left with. That's why I continued to ask last night what he did wrong? Some of us have went back and forth for 8 to 10 yrs. Twist and Pday were always a part of it. The open board thing makes me think about twist. Before twists buddies ask why I didn't go to bat for him like I am PDay, I did. I just did it with Pms. Ford knows how I feel about both.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did notice on our Pickem game twist was still in form lol with his comments

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but what is left is what happened on the open board.

I do understand where you are coming from and you're frustration with how this went down.

I even understand that it looks like it was about that one single post. That is a legit point and lends itself to the butthurt, biased arbitrary banning school of thought. I assure you it was not the case.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Cali , you are the mod and have to make tough decisions- I totally understand that. You say that it's based on the past and I can understand that as well. We all know Pday could and would be an ass. That was his style for 10 yrs. He let people know up front what he stood for and what he was against. Ass whip comments?? That's what he called them. I'm still not totally sure what that meant but I have an idea. Again you are the mod, but I have to admit when you answered my question last night about permanent with a "Yep", it did make me scratch my head. I get it, who the hell am I to question how u answered something. To me that was kind of like , I run this place and can do whatever I please and there isn't a damn thing u can do about it. You don't have to explain yourself any more, but that's what I was left with last night.