• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, he's explained his story many times. Not everyone can love the Cowboys and live in Dallas.

However, your comment does make me wonder if there are any Eagles fans that actually live in Philly? :pound:

I grew up in Bucks County, PA. Graduated from PSU.

Job at IBM took me to RTP, NC. And now I'm in Nashville.

Living in PA wasn't much of an option unless I wanted to work at Lockheed Martin... but the offer from IBM was so much better. Glad I went that way too because Lockheed cut 1/3 or their workforce not long after I would have joined.

Nothing can explain somebody's favorite teams being 1,373 miles apart.

as one of my favorite old posters once said:

If you are a "life long" Cowboys/Yankees fan, do not try and convince me you are not a bandwagoner. I don't believe you.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Living in PA wasn't much of an option unless I wanted to work at Lockheed Martin... but the offer from IBM was so much better. Glad I went that way too because Lockheed cut 1/3 or their workforce not long after I would have joined.

If you are a "life long" Cowboys/Yankees fan, do not try and convince me you are not a bandwagoner. I don't believe you

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are a "life long" Cowboys/Yankees fan, do not try and convince me you are not a bandwagoner. I don't believe you.
same shit different day

I sat in the Cotton Bowl at 6 years of age, lived in Dallas my whole life and couldn't care less about your bandwagon theory.

move on roy or join forces with PE1 with reagrds to all that

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same shit different day

I sat in the Cotton Bowl at 6 years of age, lived in Dallas my whole life and couldn't care less about your bandwagon theory.

move on roy or join forces with PE1 with reagrds to all that

are you a yankees fan too?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I'm from the Nashvegas area myself. I disagree about the favorite team thing. We got the Titans in 98? It would have been easy to jump on that wagon at that time but I didn't. I became a Cowboy fan in 1977. Yes their Super Bowl years. My aunt moved there and that's all I knew. The Cubs- oh well- cable TV since 82.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I'm from the Nashvegas area myself. I disagree about the favorite team thing. We got the Titans in 98? It would have been easy to jump on that wagon at that time but I didn't. I became a Cowboy fan in 1977. Yes their Super Bowl years. My aunt moved there and that's all I knew. The Cubs- oh well- cable TV since 82.

There's a rule for you too... and I believe you pass:

If you do not live within 100 miles of an NFL city, you are free to root for whomever you want, as long as you are not a fan of two or more of the following teams - Cowboys, Lakers, Bulls, Yankees and Red Wings

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure as Hell wouldn't be a bandwagon Eagles fan LMAO
latest

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the statement doesn't apply to you. not sure why you're upset.
upset?

why is it a person comes to this board to clearly talk shit, shit is returned and now I'm upset.

shit....up your game if you're going to claim you are upsetting the natives

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have this argument with Texas fans all the time. A vast majority of the "in your face" t-sips never went there, but they were the school on TV and so they are the ones people fell in love with. Same with the Yankees, Lakers, Cowboys, Packers, etc. If you are good, you are on TV. If you are on TV you get a following.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side, a lot of people also end up hating the local team and routing for a rival because the local team assholes turn them off from the team. I could easily see someone disliking he Giants.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upset?

why is it a person comes to this board to clearly talk shit, shit is returned and now I'm upset.

shit....up your game if you're going to claim you are upsetting the natives

you're the one throwing the fit about something that doesn't apply to you.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys are good again, so now we are all band-wagoners? If your team(s) sucks and has sucked for a long time, nobody really cares about your allegiances. It seems there is one exception to this = Philly fan. Philly fan has had nothing to root for for so long they've forgotten what that feels like. They now reside to only root against teams. They don't have championships to talk about, they only have themselves. And so the saying goes 'misery loves company.' Get in line behind PE1.

Ever since games have been broadcast on TV, kids can become fans overnight. Who's to say they can only watch one team and only root for one team and why? That is some bs dictatorship parenting. Some people choose to follow players more-so than the team. It doesn't make it wrong, just an angle that die-hards don't adhere to. Fact is we all took our own path into watching sports, most eventually played them. Those who got to go to the big stadiums at a young age were no doubt hooked by the experience. Most likely, those teams that you went to as a young kid are the teams you root for today. Some never got that lucky as a youth and don't have the inclination to go now, but still enjoy watching it all on their couch.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys are good again, so now we are all band-wagoners? If your team(s) sucks and has sucked for a long time, nobody really cares about your allegiances. It seems there is one exception to this = Philly fan. Philly fan has had nothing to root for for so long they've forgotten what that feels like. They now reside to only root against teams. They don't have championships to talk about, they only have themselves. And so the saying goes 'misery loves company.' Get in line behind PE1.

Ever since games have been broadcast on TV, kids can become fans overnight. Who's to say they can only watch one team and only root for one team and why? That is some bs dictatorship parenting. Some people choose to follow players more-so than the team. It doesn't make it wrong, just an angle that die-hards don't adhere to. Fact is we all took our own path into watching sports, most eventually played them. Those who got to go to the big stadiums at a young age were no doubt hooked by the experience. Most likely, those teams that you went to as a young kid are the teams you root for today. Some never got that lucky as a youth and don't have the inclination to go now, but still enjoy watching it all on their couch.

it has nothing to do with being good again... nice try.

It has everything to do with rooting for multiple bandwagon franchises...Being a yankees AND cowboys fan makes you a bandwagoner.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it has nothing to do with being good again... nice try.

It has everything to do with rooting for multiple bandwagon franchises...Being a yankees AND cowboys fan makes you a bandwagoner.
Care to explain what is a bandwagon franchise and how it becomes one?