• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first I've heard of the term 'bandwagon franchise'. Can you provide a list of all the exclusive members that make up this classification?

Essentially it is every franchise that has ever won anything.

Thus, the Eagles don't have any bandwagon fans. They are very sensitive to bandwagon fans though. Their fans are like the Hipsters of the NFL.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... bandwagon yankees cowboys fan talking shit. Let me guess... you're a laker fan too?
Yup, riding this Cowboy bandwagon has been paying off for years now...dumbass...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in Bucks County, PA. Graduated from PSU.

Job at IBM took me to RTP, NC. And now I'm in Nashville.

Living in PA wasn't much of an option unless I wanted to work at Lockheed Martin... but the offer from IBM was so much better. Glad I went that way too because Lockheed cut 1/3 or their workforce not long after I would have joined.

Nothing can explain somebody's favorite teams being 1,373 miles apart.

as one of my favorite old posters once said:

If you are a "life long" Cowboys/Yankees fan, do not try and convince me you are not a bandwagoner. I don't believe you.
Says the guy 500 miles from Philly!!! Why aren't you a Panther fan?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a rule for you too... and I believe you pass:

If you do not live within 100 miles of an NFL city, you are free to root for whomever you want, as long as you are not a fan of two or more of the following teams - Cowboys, Lakers, Bulls, Yankees and Red Wings
LOL...Whose ass did you pull that rule out of??? I am a fan of one team that isn't in my area and I've been a fan of that team since I was about 6. You are a fan of no team in your area, just like PE1. Why is it Philly fans are all bent out of shape over that I don't know...but I really don't care either.:noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Roy Munson...Typical thin skinned Eagle fan, got his boo boo feelings hurt because I criticized his team. Get a tissue, pull up your panties and stop crying...

At least he goes right to the internet losing an argument 101 theory of telling everyone how upset they are!!!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...Whose ass did you pull that rule out of??? I am a fan of one team that isn't in my area and I've been a fan of that team since I was about 6. You are a fan of no team in your area, just like PE1. Why is it Philly fans are all bent out of shape over that I don't know...but I really don't care either.:noidea:

Here's the reason

c5b12b2a5e1dec5f5a0d4ebac0bed6a1.jpg

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in Bucks County, PA. Graduated from PSU.

Job at IBM took me to RTP, NC. And now I'm in Nashville.

Living in PA wasn't much of an option unless I wanted to work at Lockheed Martin... but the offer from IBM was so much better. Glad I went that way too because Lockheed cut 1/3 or their workforce not long after I would have joined.

Nothing can explain somebody's favorite teams being 1,373 miles apart.

as one of my favorite old posters once said:

If you are a "life long" Cowboys/Yankees fan, do not try and convince me you are not a bandwagoner. I don't believe you.
Nobody gives a fuck.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Roy Munson...Typical thin skinned Eagle fan, got his boo boo feelings hurt because I criticized his team. Get a tissue, pull up your panties and stop crying...

At least he goes right to the internet losing an argument 101 theory of telling everyone how upset they are!!!

hahaha... bandwagon yankees/cowboys dude is mad that I upset his fantasy land where he just picks teams that are winning to root for.

Cavs fan this year by any chance?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Essentially it is every franchise that has ever won anything.

Thus, the Eagles don't have any bandwagon fans. They are very sensitive to bandwagon fans though. Their fans are like the Hipsters of the NFL.

Cowboys
Yankees
Lakers
Bulls (dating myself a bit)
Notre Dame (again dating myself)

Its not about "ever won anything"... its really the above teams plus the hot teams at any given time... Tons of bandwagon cubs fans right now, but that thing was filling up before they won anything.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
Yankees
Lakers

Its not about "ever won anything"... its really the above teams plus the hot teams at any given time... Tons of bandwagon cubs fans right now, but that thing was filling up before they won anything.
Whatever you say Fan Cop. Anyone else find it a coincidence that the two loudest fan cops are Eagles fans who dont live near the team.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you say Fan Cop. Anyone else find it a coincidence that the two loudest fan cops are Eagles fans who dont live near the team.

sounds like you're doing a fine job trying to play fan cop.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha... bandwagon yankees/cowboys dude is mad that I upset his fantasy land where he just picks teams that are winning to root for.

If he were just a Dallas fan this year then you might have a point. Or if he was a fan in the 90's and hasn't been back since. But when your team hasn't been a factor for 20+ years and you have sported their colors the entire time, well calling them a bandwagon fan is funny. Might as well just say what you really mean, which is "I have nothing else to hold over you or your team so I'll question your geographic proximity to your team".

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
Yankees
Lakers

You aren't a bandwagon fan when you have been through two decades of nothing with that team. Bandwagon fans jump on when winning starts and jump off when winning stops.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right back to the "we must all be upset with you"??? dolt Seems that's your go to move. I always find it a good way to distract the fact that you have pretty much nothing to say.

Wasn't the discussion how your team was swept by the NFC East so far? How's that feeling??? Damn if you just didn't absolutely choke away that Cowboy game...that's gotta sting even for a fan accustomed to losing...The more I think of it, the more I realize what a huge choke that was, no?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't a bandwagon fan when you have been through two decades of nothing with that team. Bandwagon fans jump on when winning starts and jump off when winning stops.

I would disagree with the big 3 or 4. After that, sure. But Cowboys, Yankees and Lakers maintain their bandwagons in down years/decades because of the number of championships.