• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by the way Earl. Thanks for including me in your message. Trust me when I saw I read everything you post because even if I don't agree with everything you write you at least make me rethink my stance. You are definitely on one of the high rungs of the football knowledge ladder.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's BS. I never go at anyone personally who doesn't come at me first. You included. PDay and Twist would. I think Twist was a great poster. PDay I couldn't stand, but it's no one's fault but his own. No one gets banned at the Hoop without a warning, and I would bet Ford and Cali both PM'd him to chill.

BS

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't say I need this board, but I need PDay's opinion on here. He tells it like it is and is often 100% right. I'm sure many Cowboy fans could learn a lot from an old timer like him. I know I have. Guys like Manster, jaarnt, Twist, you, and many more are a big reason why I come to this board. If PDay isn't here or any of you other guys, I won't have much reason to post here. I've even missed posters like Bovey and FRYE(when he stirs the pot without personal attacking). This board is about entertainment for me and if not much is here, I find it hard to find a reason to post here.

I'm not saying I want everybody to have free reign because then it could become too bad. I think mods for the most part have been great on SportsHoopla. But I just completely disagree with permabans unless it's people who just bring nothing intelligent to the boards and are just here to troll. I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with this name, xJokerz, but this is the type of person that deserves permabans. He race baits, personal attacks, trolls 100% of the time, and he's known on various message boards. That to me seems like when a permaban is warranted. PDay has been combative. No argument there, but he hasn't been over-the-top to the point that he should have no voice on SportsHoopla again.

I agree earl. I don't know the guy you speak of Joker. There was a short lived poll on here the other night to bring twist and Pday back. I'm not sure if you saw it. It had to be removed and I asked the question could anything be done. Ford said he wasn't sure, so maybe there is still a slight chance. Permabans are really harsh IMO.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I shouldn't have posted about the poll. Sorry.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to say this as kinda of a joke, but who knows.

What if we put the 2 of them in a cage. 1 specific thread just for them, which they can't leave. Ban if they do. All parties enter at their own risk. I myself don't really need to post in 7 different cowboys threads.

Plus you could bust on the 2 of them in another thread and they can't respond.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prove it. Everyone's posts are dated. You will find plenty where I've personally attacked guys. Go back and find one where they didn't start it. Dare ya. Including you on this thread. Then PM Ford, Cali, Hammer, whoever us want and ask if I've ever once asked them to ban PDay or anyone else. That's why I say shit back, I fight my own battles. Prove your point or STFU

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having no clue what was said to PDay in private messages no one but the mods know for sure. That being said Could PDay be an ass? Absolutely! Was he correct a lot of the time? Absolutely!
This board is better with PDay & Twist IMO

Totally agree!!!

If the goal here is to turn the Hoop into a bunch of daisy tip-toing academics, then I believe we have witnessed two giant steps in that direction with the banning of those two classic posters.

There's still jarnnt and Manster, but it's likely that I will check in much less than before.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prove it. Everyone's posts are dated. You will find plenty where I've personally attacked guys. Go back and find one where they didn't start it. Dare ya. Including you on this thread. Then PM Ford, Cali, Hammer, whoever us want and ask if I've ever once asked them to ban PDay or anyone else. That's why I say shit back, I fight my own battles. Prove your point or STFU

like i said you can not post without being abusive. and on top of it you criticize PD for backstabbing people when they've been banned and you have done exactly the same thing toward him since his banning and you claim you are different. no you are not

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvxT7rRA2fI]Harry Nilsson Without you (With Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said you can not post without being abusive. and on top of it you criticize PD for backstabbing people when they've been banned and you have done exactly the same thing toward him since his banning and you claim you are different. no you are not

And I've told you to go through my posts and show me where I started it. I will admit to attacking people who attack me, but I've never ever gone to a Mod. As I've said, if you have a problem, feel free to PM

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I've told you to go through my posts and show me where I started it. I will admit to attacking people who attack me, but I've never ever gone to a Mod. As I've said, if you have a problem, feel free to PM

You went after a person for simply saying Agenda Agenda. Ever time someone doesn't agree with you you get in a huff. I'm not s saying you are the instigator but you have just about as much blame ad others do. Yes I'm included. I know I'm not all that innocent. That a big difference, I can and will admit it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You went after a person for simply saying Agenda Agenda. Ever time someone doesn't agree with you you get in a huff. I'm not s saying you are the instigator but you have just about as much blame ad others do. Yes I'm included. I know I'm not all that innocent. That a big difference, I can and will admit it.

I will 100% say that I can and have been a straight up Dick to some guys. I don't care if a person agrees or disagrees with me, I like to debate. However, I really try to never make the attacks personal until it's made that way to me. I disagree with Romo all the time, have never called him one name. Thats because he didn't do it to me. I've argued with you alot, but we've been civil lately, and I'm not insulting you now.. RJ came on and said ''hey UK, fuck you''. I'm not gonna go out of my way to start shit with the guy, in fact, he's one of my favorite posters on here. But from here on out, yeah, he can kiss my ass. But there's no doubt I should let a little more slide before coming back at guys, so noted

Last edited by a moderator:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will 100% say that I can and have been a straight up Dick to some guys. I don't care if a person agrees or disagrees with me, I like to debate. However, I really try to never make the attacks personal until it's made that way to me. I disagree with Romo all the time, have never called him one name. Thats because he didn't do it to me. I've argued with you alot, but we've been civil lately, and I'm not insulting you now.. RJ came on and said ''hey UK, fuck you''. I'm not gonna go out of my way to start shit with the guy, in fact, he's one of my favorite posters on here. But from here on out, yeah, he can kiss my ass. But there's no doubt I should let a little more slide before coming back at guys, so noted

I think the problem is when you think in absolutes. You paint your point of view into a corner, then you have no choice (using that thought process) but to go over the top if whoever you are debating with doesn't bend. I have seen you get drawn into some drama but I also seen you go get the drama.
Personally that part I don't care about one way or the other. I think message boards in general need some disagreements & if some get heated so what. thin skinned people shouldn't post on those boards.
However. Once you go on to the next subject don't drag that drama to the next subject. People that deal in absolutes like the part I just bolded have a hard time separating conversations.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem is when you think in absolutes. You paint your point of view into a corner, then you have no choice (using that thought process) but to go over the top if whoever you are debating with doesn't bend. I have seen you get drawn into some drama but I also seen you go get the drama.
Personally that part I don't care about one way or the other. I think message boards in general need some disagreements & if some get heated so what. thin skinned people shouldn't post on those boards.
However. Once you go on to the next subject don't drag that drama to the next subject. People that deal in absolutes like the part I just bolded have a hard time separating conversations.

Well, you are one of the straightest posters on the board, so I guess that is the way I come off. I will try and work on that. I'd like to get along with all fellow cowboys fans to be honest

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem is when you think in absolutes.

Agreed the only absolutes are Death and Taxes but with a good attorney ,. tax planner etc you can get out of taxes but Death well that's 1 nobody can escape. And I wont go into the religious beliefs part that is a whole different conversation :)

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This means you have never agreed with me. :yahoo:

nutz6977

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am going to throw my two cents in on this one also. I don't post mainly because I enjoy reading what everyone else is posting. I also came over when the espn boards closed and am on here quite regularly. I am a huge fan of this board just like the espn board. I will say that it is not the board itself but the guys like Pday and the other regulars that keep me hooked. It's why I followed you over here. It's great entertainment and you get an insightful football comment every once in a while. From people being able to voice their own opinions to the ones just looking for conflict, that is what makes this board entertaining. Again just my two cents.