• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with 99%. Don't think I can agree with the FRYED idea. Not saying he didn't know his stuff but he was so stubborn on the wrong side so often I think he did it only to get us riled up. Yes it made for entertainment but so do trolls. Smack Frog was nothing but troll to. Would he make the board better. One thing I can credit Fried for. He had a way of uniting the rest of us.

Yeah I don't expect many to agree with me on that lol. It's just really about personal preference. It's hard to argue for a guy like FRYE to have posting rights. And yes, FRYE was good at uniting a lot of us.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by the way Earl. Thanks for including me in your message. Trust me when I saw I read everything you post because even if I don't agree with everything you write you at least make me rethink my stance. You are definitely on one of the high rungs of the football knowledge ladder.

Appreciate it, Manster. You make me rethink my stance too. There have been so many times I've wanted to come to this board and bash the Cowboys so hard. But you and PDay make me rethink. That's another reason why we all need guys like PDay and you here, because when things look bad, we need someone to bring some hope and objectivity to this board. This team can be so frustrating and there's so many times I wanna go off on them. But then I'll read a post from you or PDay and it makes me feel a little better.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree earl. I don't know the guy you speak of Joker. There was a short lived poll on here the other night to bring twist and Pday back. I'm not sure if you saw it. It had to be removed and I asked the question could anything be done. Ford said he wasn't sure, so maybe there is still a slight chance. Permabans are really harsh IMO.

Damn, I missed it. I'm so deep into mmos, it's hard to always see everything on this board. That's why a lot of times I post late at night. So deep into League of Legends and Age of Wushu.

Hopefully Ford brings them back. PDay, Ford, and Twist go back like rubbers. I have a feeling they both will get their posting rights back. This board needs them both. And shout out to Warpath(Bovey) too. I'd love to see him back. I miss debating with him about our teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I missed it. I'm so deep into mmos, it's hard to always see everything on this board. That's why a lot of times I post late at night. So deep into League of Legends and Age of Wushu.

Hopefully Ford brings them back. PDay, Ford, and Twist go back like rubbers. I have a feeling they both will get their posting rights back. This board needs them both. And shout out to Warpath(Bovey) too. I'd love to see him back. I miss debating with him about our teams.

mmo's? ...what are you playing Earl?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate it, Manster. You make me rethink my stance too. There have been so many times I've wanted to come to this board and bash the Cowboys so hard. But you and PDay make me rethink. That's another reason why we all need guys like PDay and you here, because when things look bad, we need someone to bring some hope and objectivity to this board. This team can be so frustrating and there's so many times I wanna go off on them. But then I'll read a post from you or PDay and it makes me feel a little better.

Maybe that why we can be civil while we disagree. I like to look at the glass half full but can see there is still a lot of empty area in said glass. You see the glass half empty but still acknowledge there's water there.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't expect many to agree with me on that lol. It's just really about personal preference. It's hard to argue for a guy like FRYE to have posting rights. And yes, FRYE was good at uniting a lot of us.

actually I am one of those that think perma banning should be extremely rare.
I always enjoyed pointing out how Frye was a skins fan in real life (even though the skins fans didn't appreciate me saying that)
I didn't mind the rah rah of FWD & counter ego, when they got banned. hell Ericko at ESPN threatned to come to my house & kick my ass LOL. Of course all I did was laugh at that notion, & I didn't want him banned from here. So I guess I am that one poster that agrees with you. I didn't want frye banned either.

I could always ignore posts from the posters that start going over the top.

Only time it sucked is when they go over the top in all 84 threads. Then I think is the time for a warning.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never ignored anyone. I would get a laugh out of Frye and his seemed hatred for certain players. I would enjoy watching him beat his chest when certain ones had a bad game but I never took him seriously. Whatever happened to Blue Jersey Jinx.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never ignored anyone. I would get a laugh out of Frye and his seemed hatred for certain players. I would enjoy watching him beat his chest when certain ones had a bad game but I never took him seriously. Whatever happened to Blue Jersey Jinx.

before the cowboys board & skins board had their little feud where everyone was being booted from each others board. I actually liked debating with the skins fans that would come over here. Some of their comes backs or attacks were actually funny. I kinda like when certain troll posters can do it in a witty style.

Not the common you guys suck crap but being slick with their trash talk. I found it entertaining actually. LOL
Also would give me something to counter. Don't care to counter unimaginative trolling.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never want to really admit this in public but I miss Rectum. I mean Reptec. Yes he was a troll but he brought wit to his trolling.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did. Always liked him. When he was actually serious, he really knew what the hell he was talking about and he remembered the old days. He was funny though. I spit by beer all over my keyboard one night after he said something. lol.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lordy, I leave this board for 4 months and look at what happens?
A smack talk thread is just that...talking that smack.
Thick skin is required and almost everything should be allowed.
I did not see anything terribly out of line that warranted a perma ban.

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like nothing more than someone being Butthurt while being a skids fan while taking crap from a cowboys fan on a cowboy's board smack talk thread. If you want to get all butthurt stay on your own board and ban them from posting on the skids board. I'd say grow a set but that doesn't apply when talking about said banner....

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evaluating the Cowboys after opening the season against the 9ers is tough. They're one of the best teams in the NFL. not too many teams will beat the 49ers. Romo and the offense will improve early on, the Cowboys running game looked solid. The game this week vs the Titans will be a better game to judge the Cowboys by. If they lose again by a large margin, reassessing their talent level may be in order but I don't think they will lose. I see them winning this game 27 to 20 with another strong performance by Murray.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never want to really admit this in public but I miss Rectum. I mean Reptec. Yes he was a troll but he brought wit to his trolling.
A witty troll is a rarity these days.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like nothing more than someone being Butthurt while being a skids fan while taking crap from a cowboys fan on a cowboy's board smack talk thread. If you want to get all butthurt stay on your own board and ban them from posting on the skids board. I'd say grow a set but that doesn't apply when talking about said banner....

Exactly! But don't forget the most important part... the post for which he was banned was because he used the EXACT SAME expression that she used. When he put it in his post, then she got all uptight and demanded an explanation.

It's complete BS.

Can I sign up for "mod power" and ban a mod for dangling her "mod power" and then using it because another poster acknowledged it, albeit sarcastically? That's what I want to know.

Last edited by a moderator: