• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amari Cooper

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr's QBR
2015: 41.2 ranked 32nd
2016: 54.6 ranked 17th
2017: 51.0 ranked 22nd
2018: 43.5 ranked 26th

Goff
2018: 79.9 ranked 3rd

Brady
2017: 73.2 ranked 3rd

Brees
2016: 65.1 ranked 8th
2015: 70.4 ranked 4th

There is no doubt you can make numbers say what you want them to say. There is more to the story than comparing two receivers stats and claiming victory. Also there is more to it than drop rate. Some quarterbacks throw a ball that is more catchable than others. So to me comparing drop rate is insane as there are to many variables like QB, opponent, and weather. All I hope is this, having Cooper on the field makes opposing defenses have to respect the pass and not sell out on the run. If defenses have to play a little more honest then things might start to open up for the offense. I have no problem with the trade for this reason, it would be a shame to waste what our defense has been doing this year. They have kept this team in every game this year. I would give up a #1 pick to try and take advantage of that all day long.

I understand your point. Football is a collective effort, no doubt. All I was pointing out is that Cooks was a little more of a sure thing at time of trade(s), not the Cooper can't be worth the cost.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap you are unbelievable or can't read. Try again. Line one addresses his peak physical ability. Line 2 addresses his statistics in the league thus far. See the difference. i think you just like to argue:L

I absolutely did misread your post. Apologies.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the real question is, is Cooper worth a top 7 - top 10 pick? Because if Dallas keeps this up, our 1st is going to be pretty high - I don't have a lot of optimism regarding the remaining schedule with the way this team is playing.

At 3-5 I think Dallas needs to win the next 3 to have any real playoff aspirations. Tall order with how shit this offense has been.

One question I have for those who think trading the first for Cooper was a good idea, the argument seems to be that there were no WRs worth taking in the first - so why not? Was it necessarily a foregone conclusion that drafting a wr in the 1st was how Dallas would spend the pick otherwise?

Full disclosure, I was 100% on board trading for Cooper for a 2nd, still not sure how I feel about trading the 1st.
Was anyone in favor of giving a first? I remember most thinking we overpaid. I totally agree that selling it as there are no WRs better than Cooper is silly. It's just a way to try and justify the move because if we went into next years draft thinking WR at any cost we don't deserve to get a good player. That being said I think it is clear Cooper will help this team. Will that be enough this year? No, Probably not, but he is 24 and I'm not going to keep worrying about the draft pick because it's already gone. If we pick top 10 it just means our other picks are earlier too which will make it easier to add talent. The draft is 7 rounds deep, not 1.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was anyone in favor of giving a first? I remember most thinking we overpaid. I totally agree that selling it as there are no WRs better than Cooper is silly. It's just a way to try and justify the move because if we went into next years draft thinking WR at any cost we don't deserve to get a good player. That being said I think it is clear Cooper will help this team. Will that be enough this year? No, Probably not, but he is 24 and I'm not going to keep worrying about the draft pick because it's already gone. If we pick top 10 it just means our other picks are earlier too which will make it easier to add talent. The draft is 7 rounds deep, not 1.

Sure the draft isn't over having traded away the 1st. But no one can deny that with the way this team has drafted in the 1st that it is a massive opportunity cost to trade away a potential top 10 pick, for a guy who might not be the answer to what ales this team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure the draft isn't over having traded away the 1st. But no one can deny that with the way this team has drafted in the 1st that it is a massive opportunity cost to trade away a potential top 10 pick, for a guy who might not be the answer to what ales this team.
Of course.

It was a panic move IMO. I honestly think if Maher makes that kick and we won the Redskins game we may not have done it. I think the Cooper, Gallup, Beasley trio can be really good for this team and make us better for the next few years. That doesn't mean the trade was a good deal, but I don't want to keep reading for the next few years how horrible it was because some superstar comes out of the latter part of the top 10 of this draft that we "could have had" because I'm sure a dud will come out of it too. This team needs a change and maybe we look back on this and think it was a good move. I think Cooper showed he can help this team. But even when we have weapons we don't seem to use them right.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Cooper worth a top 10 pick?... probably. He did help open the offense up. Dak is not an accurate thrower. The pick in the end zone was terrible and Dak at a minimum could have run the ball in.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you what. You have 6500 vbucks. I will bet you that 6500 that the Cowboys pick would not have been top 10. In fact, I'll bet you it won't be top 12. Now put up or fly away

Hmmmmm...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amari looked real good tonight. Should have gone for 150 if Dak could consistently throw the ball accurately. He was at it again running great routes and getting open...……. This trade is looking better every snap I watch of this guy.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amari looked real good tonight. Should have gone for 150 if Dak could consistently throw the ball accurately. He was at it again running great routes and getting open...……. This trade is looking better every snap I watch of this guy.
He was wide open downfield a few times, you are right, could have easily posted 150

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was seriously worried this was a mistake. Not sure if he has dropped a ball yet for this team (my major concern) I would love to eat crow about this by seasons end.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was seriously worried this was a mistake. Not sure if he has dropped a ball yet for this team (my major concern) I would love to eat crow about this by seasons end.
If he continues to play like he has, and considering he is just now getting the hang of the playbook, he could play even better, this would be a solid trade. No WR they would have taken in the draft would have been any better than he is

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he continues to play like he has, and considering he is just now getting the hang of the playbook, he could play even better, this would be a solid trade. No WR they would have taken in the draft would have been any better than he is
also hopefully will allow Gallup to develop without extra pressure. Who knows with a little luck by next year we could have a decent WR duo with Beasley in the slot to move chains.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how Cooper has always played. It's all on tape. You ppl complained and already look stupid for it. Based on tape, Cooper was worth every bit of that pick yet this fan base complained. You guys need to stop paying attention to hot takes on TV and watch film. Numbers never tell the story of what's actually happening. I wonder how long it will take this fan base to realize Dak is better than they think.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how Cooper has always played. It's all on tape. You ppl complained and already look stupid for it. Based on tape, Cooper was worth every bit of that pick yet this fan base complained. You guys need to stop paying attention to hot takes on TV and watch film. Numbers never tell the story of what's actually happening. I wonder how long it will take this fan base to realize Dak is better than they think.

Yea, you need to stop patronizing Cowboy fans. Dak needs to prove he is better then he has been. You seem to be the only one who cant see that.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak certainly looked better Sunday night than he has during most of the games. Still I think there are times when he needed to get the ball out. Most of the sack's are because he is not throwing the ball away when he needs to. Of course I am not talking about the one early in the second half when he got hammered by bennett. That was just a terrible play call. Philly keeps their ends out wide and you can't run a play like that against them. I give credit to Dak as he was not bad Sunday night. .I stI'll think we probably should have lit up that eagle secondary much more than we did though.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this upcoming draft is lacking talent compared to what we have seen over the last 5 years. QB and receiver look weak. I look at this upcoming draft and am not impressed.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper has certainly been a positive addition to the offense. I think the jury is still out, though, whether or not this was worth the price of admission. I'll be real interested to see how Cooper is playing down the stretch in December, once he has a better knowledge of the offense, and a little more time to build chemistry with Dak. Cooper's presence has definitely given the running game a little more breathing room, and that alone has been huge.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this upcoming draft is lacking talent compared to what we have seen over the last 5 years. QB and receiver look weak. I look at this upcoming draft and am not impressed.

I don't think that is the proper way to value the 1st Dallas gave up. There is/was no obligation to draft a WR or a QB with the pick that Dallas traded. Dallas might need some new horses on the Oline in the near future, like maybe a LT or C? Anyway, I think we need to wait until the end of the season before we can start properly evaluating this trade.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that is the proper way to value the 1st Dallas gave up. There is/was no obligation to draft a WR or a QB with the pick that Dallas traded. Dallas might need some new horses on the Oline in the near future, like maybe a LT or C? Anyway, I think we need to wait until the end of the season before we can start properly evaluating this trade.

Well (right now anyways) we don't need that #1 WR in the draft and that was the biggest weakness when it comes to a weapon. Our D is solid. You have a big point with our O line though. Hopefully we strike it rich in getting some FA or trades before next season.